• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rhapsody In Drew (400)

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
It was intense seeing the battle between May and Harley come to an end. But what is the title's pun? I didn't understand it much :/

May's Bulbasaur and Beautifly combo actually overwhelmed Harley's Cacturne and Banette combo. May barely won that. Then Robert the Coordinator almost gets mugged by Team Rocket, I liked that he gave Snorunt some tips on how to control Ice Beam.

Snorunt's evolution surprised me! I didn't think it would evolve so soon after being caught by Ash. May losing to Drew and Drew losing to Robert was the saddest thing. I felt like this Grand Festival was a total waste :/ 5/10

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
The Grand Festival wasn't too bad, it was good to see Glalie evolved but pity it had a short stay really (I think it's a cool Pokemon).
Nice to see Flygon in this episode too. I can see why Norman didn't come with Caroline, afterall with the Pokemon League coming up trainers will be trying for their final badge. It was sad neither Drew or May won though. It's interesting Robert appeared in the first episode of the contest and final episode of the contest, one of the few randoms that appeared without actually interacting with May until now.

G50

No longer posting
This episode was cool. It was great to see Snorunt evolve into Glalie and master Ice Beam. May's battle with Drew was great. It was cool to see that Drew had a Flygon, and used it in the battle. The battle against Drew was really intense and a tough call. Too bad May lost, I'm not surprised though.

74/100

couplesupporter

James FAN!
And damn it, Robert sounds like Juan!
I dunno they're related? For all I know they could be like a great uncle or something. Now I have offically jumped in as a fan of Robert. Shame he wasn't really given much more air time

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
I kind of wish Snorunt evolved in the next episode or right before the Grand Festival, it took some screentime out of the battles which could have been longer.

I never liked how they always had Ash doing something during the Grand Festivals. In this one he was training Snorunt, and in the Kanto one he was running after Aipom.

Its disappointing that May, and later Dawn, just sit during his Gym battles and leagues and do nothing, but during their contests or grand festivals Ash is always taking screentime away.

They could of had them doing something too while he was battling in his gyms instead of sitting around yapping their mouths but I guess the writers weren't thinking too clearly on that.

pokeaussie37

It was intense seeing the battle between May and Harley come to an end. But what is the title's pun? I didn't understand it much :/

May's Bulbasaur and Beautifly combo actually overwhelmed Harley's Cacturne and Banette combo. May barely won that. Then Robert the Coordinator almost gets mugged by Team Rocket, I liked that he gave Snorunt some tips on how to control Ice Beam.

Snorunt's evolution surprised me! I didn't think it would evolve so soon after being caught by Ash. May losing to Drew and Drew losing to Robert was the saddest thing. I felt like this Grand Festival was a total waste :/ 5/10

'Rhapsody in Blue' (Drew) is the pun of the episode's title. It's a reasonably well-known song.

Vernikova

Champion
Comparing this to the Sinnoh Grand Festival, this one was poorly handled. The appeals outside of Drew's were pretty boring (though his wasn't that exciting either), the random introduction of characters like Anthony made no sense since that could've been used to more time for the battles, and it was a rushed mess overall. You know something has gone bad when the battling portion of the Grand Festival took all of one episode to wrap up in total.

Just another reason why Dawn's journey was better than May's.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Comparing this to the Sinnoh Grand Festival, this one was poorly handled. The appeals outside of Drew's were pretty boring (though his wasn't that exciting either), the random introduction of characters like Anthony made no sense since that could've been used to more time for the battles, and it was a rushed mess overall. You know something has gone bad when the battling portion of the Grand Festival took all of one episode to wrap up in total.

Just another reason why Dawn's journey was better than May's.

Dawn only got 1 Grand Festival though, and she only had two full battles in it. Its practically the same when you think about it, Dawn's only full battles were against Ursula and Zoey, and her battle against Jessie was literally 30 seconds long...with all her other matches being skipped entirely.

Not sure why the writers don't have the Grand Festivals be 5 episodes long, its like they purposely just made them to be slightly extended Contests rather then events like the leagues.

Vernikova

Champion
Dawn only got 1 Grand Festival though, and she only had two full battles in it. Its practically the same when you think about it, Dawn's only full battles were against Ursula and Zoey, and her battle against Jessie was literally 30 seconds long...with all her other matches being skipped entirely.

The Jessie business was quite the **** up I agree. It was better that they skipped her other matches though since she wasn't going to lose to some random trainer and it would've wasted time.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
The Jessie business was quite the **** up I agree. It was better that they skipped her other matches though since she wasn't going to lose to some random trainer and it would've wasted time.

Yeah I don't understand why all the Grand Festivals weren't longer though. The Contests got almost equal screentime to the Gyms in every saga, but the Grand Festivals were only 3-4 eps while leagues were like 8 episodes.

Makes no sense really. Oh well, at least May got a second Grand Festival that was handled better than this one was.

Glad that Ash' Snorunt evolved in to the demonic hockey mask that is Glailie, and being able to control it's Ice Beam.
Sad that May lost the Grand Festival. :(

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I liked how May defeated Harley, plus it was neat seeing Robert the Milotic coordinator again. Snorunt's sudden evolution was stunning, but seeing Drew's Flygon and Roselia win against May was sad. :[

JudySpell

Banned
Drew got defeated by that Slateport Milotic man which was terrible. Drew should've won the whole Grand Festival with his skills. 6/10

Gillachu

Banned
Lol, May got creamed. Drew owning Flygon made me mad since I wanted Ash to get one, and Drew got Dem'd by Robert in the end. Meh.

Leonhart

Imagineer
This episode was good. I knew all along that Haruka wouldn't win in the Houen Grand Festival since she was still a beginner of sorts, but it was a good attempt on her part and she made Top 8, which was impressive. Shuu was who I was rooting for all along, so his loss against Milokaross hit me hard.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
The episode was a bland finish to the Grand Festival IMO. And Glalie sounded bad. May's battle with Drew was great, though. It was cool to see that Drew had a Flygon and used it in the battle.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Drew should've won the whole Grand Festival with his skills. 6/10

Drew was definitely skilled, but him winning would've been kind of unexpected in my opinion cuz he needed more experience himself to win such a big event. So I understood why he lost instead.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Drew losing the Hoenn Grand Festival wasn't so bad in itself; it was who he lost to that was questionable. Like, the Milotic man was such a Mary Sue...

Alloutℯ

Banned
Robert is awesome. I had a hunch that he'd win the Grand Festival when I first saw him and his Milotic. I liked it how he wasn't a snob, and he helped Ash out.