• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rhapsody In Drew (400)

DarkerShining

I really didn't expect Snorunt to evolve, why Snorunt? Oh well, it was hard enough for a while to believe that Ash actually caught a Snorunt. Does Munchlax really know the move solarbeam? o_O

E

Ethereal

Torkoal Stu said:
Wait that member! OMG HE/SHE Said something big an unexpected evolvution/capture happens on very 100th episode! That member was right. Glalie!
:eek:OMG!!! That means that no matter how much people try to deny it (*cough*mods*cough*), something big does/did happen every 100 eps. O_O;;

Jynxie said:
:eek:OMG!!! That means that no matter how much people try to
deny it (*cough*mods*cough*), something big does/did happen every 100 eps. O_O;;

Ha! Ha! Ha! I know! Hahahahahahahaha! Wait so drew lost to Robert twice but right after beating May both times.

Murgatroyd

Dull Manga Avatar
Shining Espeon said:
Wow, Harley and Drew really hate each other. Harley seemed really ****** when Drew beat May.
Harley doesn't particularly like Shuu, but that's nothing compared to his hatred for Haruka. The reason he was so mad when Haruka lost was because he'd wanted to enjoy watching her humiliation at losing, but the crowd was giving her a standing ovation.

Lupin

Legendary Pokémon Coordinator
I know this has been said, but Glailes evolution really shocked me. I just saw Ash's Bio beening updated on the site and I was thinking it must be Grovlye or Corphish. Snorurt didn't even enter my mind.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
So, Munchlax actually does have some decent moves at its disposal after all. Being equipped with such an obscure move like Solar Beam is both rather surprising and quite interesting. Not that it makes Munchlax any better or anything, but still, quite interesting none the less.

Shining Espeon said:
100th Episode = A Way Off Day off. Tell me what happened in that episode that was in the least bit meaningful.
Errhmm.....*ponders*.....Jessie in a bikini?

....someone had to say it >.> *shrugs*

E

Ethereal

Shining Espeon said:
100th Episode = A Way Off Day off. Tell me what happened in that episode that was in the least bit meaningful.
Dude, I was being sarcastic...Damned SPPf not having sarcasm tags yet....

Anyways, wtf is up with Munchy having Solarbeam? o_O That was some unexpected crap about the little guy....I would've expected Mega Punch or Body Slam or something, but Solarbeam? Ah, well.

.Bambi.

Be Wise, Tell Lies.
Ummm....how is this a Solar Beam? Because that's what Skitty used when everyone looked at Munchlax. It doesn't look like a Solar Beam. It looks more like an Electric Attack. Also, did the announcer actually say something along the lines of "Wow! A Solar Beam Attack!" or anything to justify it as so? Finally, did Skitty have to charge-up before using it? Because a Solar Beam is a Solar Beam, no matter if it's Assisted or not [so it should have needed a charge-up].

Hey Guys! Remember BULBASAUR? You know, the cute Grass Type on May's Team that can learn Solar Beam NATURALLY?! Honestly, just because everyone looked at Gonbe, doesn't mean he knows it [and was Ash there? Because if he looked at Gonbe then he's more dense then I though, him owning a Solar Beaming Bulbasaur and all...]

Question: Why did Skitty become Confused after using Petal Dance? If I recall correctly, no Pokemon has become confused after using it. Roselia and Bulbasur have used it countless times without a hint of Confusion. *Is Confused :p*

Awww....there weren't that many good pics of Banette *sobs* I've been looking forward to seeing it and now we have 2-3 Good pics to work with? WHY?!?!?! :(

Wow....Glalie IS ugly >.> *breathes heavily* Why? Why Snorunt? Why Writers? Why must you take the cutest Pokemon on Ash's Hoenn Team and turn it into....*points in disgust* THAT?!?!

Now for K.C's Most Deserved Pic to be Avatar'd Award! And it goes to......

[imgs=200]http://www.serebii.net/anime/pictures/houen/400/AG203.jpg[/imgs]

Whoo!!! Combusken is teh awesome-ness!​

Oh! And the Grand Festival itself. It was awesome. I loved the Double Battles. They were intense. And Bulbasaur riding on Beautifly reminds me an awful lot of when Butterfree used to carry Bulbasaur under it while flying *sniffs* But ya...Harley get's what he deserves. I just dont like that Drew beat May. Guh!

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
Maybe Bulbasaur's holding out on us!

GLALIE!!! Yay! How many pokemon are left undebuted on the show now?

Porygon2
Sceptile
Tropius
Metang
Metagross

I see Metang appearing soon when Masemune's evolves (I hope)
Metagross will hopefully appear with Steven in the Hoenn Tournament
Tropius may appear in the league or a filler thereon
Sceptile could still evolve from Grovyle (possible, I guess) or in the league as an opponent for Ash
Porygon2 is still contreversial

Have I missed anyone out? Oh, and does this mean that Bulbasaur, Skitty, Combusken and Munchlax won't evolve until next series (if they do evolve or if May stays on the show) Why give Ash an evolution in May's tournament?

V Faction

www.faction.com
Kawaiiest.Combusken said:
Question: Why did Skitty become Confused after using Petal Dance? If I recall correctly, no Pokemon has become confused after using it. Roselia and Bulbasur have used it countless times without a hint of Confusion. *Is Confused :p*
Because that's its effect. A small reminder that its confusion kickbacks are still present, if not always touched on.

.Bambi.

Be Wise, Tell Lies.
V Faction said:
Because that's its effect. A small reminder that its confusion kickbacks are still present, if not always touched on.
But why now? Why this time? Skitty is very well trained. It would have made more sense for May's Bulbasaur to have become confused the first few times it used Petal Dance, as it was barely trained and weak.

Then again it may have been because Skitty is a Normal Type. I mean, we've only seen Grass Types use Petal Dance [obviously]. Maybe because Skitty isn't a Grass Type it wasn't able to handle it...*thinks*

V Faction

www.faction.com
Ha, because they felt like it. Just how they felt like having Snorunt evolve, and having May lose, and having Norman sit on his dupper at home with a towel around his neck instead of going to Slateport to see his daughter perform.

Murgatroyd

Dull Manga Avatar
Ummm....how is this a Solar Beam? Because that's what Skitty used when everyone looked at Munchlax. It doesn't look like a Solar Beam. It looks more like an Electric Attack. Also, did the announcer actually say something along the lines of "Wow! A Solar Beam Attack!" or anything to justify it as so? Finally, did Skitty have to charge-up before using it? Because a Solar Beam is a Solar Beam, no matter if it's Assisted or not [so it should have needed a charge-up].
We know it's Solar Beam because both Ash and Brock identified it as such.

As Brock said, it's rare, but possible.

Flygone

Volcano Trainer

But why now? Why this time? Skitty is very well trained. It would have made more sense for May's Bulbasaur to have become confused the first few times it used Petal Dance, as it was barely trained and weak.
Isn't it possible that Skitty got confused because it likes to follow moving objects? No matter how much training a Skitty gets, it will follow moving objects. Maybe it saw the attack it was performing and thought ''what pretty little leaves'' and next thing you know it is confused. Or maybe it was to show that Skitty isn't as super as we think *shrugs*

M

MayAsh1987

The 3rd one surprised me so much. Harley with Barnette, Snorunt evolving to Glalie, Drew with Flygon, Robert coming back. Sheez, I don't know what to believe anymore. Even though I knew May lost, but she did really good for her first grand festival. Also, I never knew about the pattern where every 100th episode a capture or a Pokemon evolves, pretty weird.

I love surprises! I betting if the Grand Festival gave so many surprises, I bet maybe the Hoenn League might have so much surprises as well. People who been praying for Grovyle or Corphish to envolve might happen, or people from the past leagues might come back, new rivals for Ash, maybe a new twist in the Hoenn League, rules, I don't know, anything could happen. All everyone have to do is sit back and enjoy, everything is possible.

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
yay, I finally saw these episodes ^^. Wow, that was quite a lot of interesting stuff. Double battles in contests, several Pokemon having their first feature appearances in the series, a Kairos jumping out of a Marugnome's mouth (I did NOT see that one coming), Yukiwarashi unexpectedly evolves into Onigoori (and I'll be damned, it's able to hover outside of Pokemon Colloseum... here I was thinking it'd move similarly to Foretosu), a cool Pokemon like Flygon ends up being owned by a recurring character, they reveal one of Gonbe's techniques, I got to see plenty of Harley and hear that seiyuu of his I like a lot (and it was the first time I heard Kanemaru Jun'ichi performing with high-pitched squeals XD), Robert's Mirokarosu actually does something this time around, and not one, but two lyrical songs played in a single episode: "Ready, Go!" and "OK!", both songs being pretty good.

I also couldn't help but notice their use of CG graphics (Amemoth's bubbles in the previous episode, confetti at the end of the GF), something that, while common in movies, hasn't come up in the series too often. Guess it's cause this was a special, and a pretty big event in the series, that they feel they should go the extra mile in terms of animation. Overall, the Grand Festival was short, but extremely well-done in my eyes. I can't wait to see how the tournament's gonna get pulled off.

Oh yeah, it seems Onigoori didn't appear in Glory Day.... guess Glory Day is doing that Gonbe bit all over again, where it doesn't get updated until a few episodes after the change occured. And, is it just me, or does Harley have a tendency to use 'atashi' (feministic first-person form)?

Last edited:

JazzJazz

Given this new intrigue about munchlax's power I'd say that May is here for a while longer... but, as Serebii said, enough of that.

I knew the writers/animators could make glalie seem like a friendly pokemon, they can inject the "cute" factor into any pokemon they choose... so there's hope for anything in the future.

Ralts Master

Knight of White Eye
I don't know why Munchlax could learn Solar Beam. I mean, normally Normal-types can learn all kinda of bizarre attacks, but I don't think many learn Grass moves.

And Glalie= ugly as sin...

DarkWobbuffet

BEEEEAAAARR!!!
JazzJazz said:
I knew the writers/animators could make glalie seem like a friendly pokemon, they can inject the "cute" factor into any pokemon they choose... so there's hope for anything in the future.

Yeah, like Corphish into Crawdaunt! ^_^ </hope>

Anyway, great series of episode here. The wait was very well worth it. Great battles, the return of so many classic characters, and Snorunt's evolution! I was hoping Snorunt would have evolved in a battle against Shuu's Flygon... oh well.

As for those who think Haruka-san is going to leave, I highly doubt it. She's not only one of the main characters now, but a highly popular one. I have a gut feeling that she's sticking around for a long time. :)