• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rhapsody In Drew (400)

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
I really think this episode would have gone smoother if the Harley battle was done in the previous episode. It would have given more time for Drew vs. Robert and the closing ceremonies, which ended rather abruptly.

I don't even remember what Robert's original voice sounded like, and I didn't mind Juan's, so I wasn't fazed.

I laugh at everyone who said that 4Kids was going to tinker with Harley by either making him female or take away all his flamboyant personalities. They've made him even fruitier than in the original version, for crying out loud! All I can say is that it's about damn time 4Kids turns the tide of a character in the viewers' favor. I can't wait to see what they do with him as [spoil]a Pokemon Center assistant in the Saffron contest.[/spoil]

Medea

Excalibur
I was going to post this an hour ago but the friggin forums weren't working. Now where the hell was I?

Great friggin' episode!

I've said it before last year and I will say it again...Deja Vu!

By that I mean...

Slateport Contest (U.S. date May 2004)
May loses to Drew/Drew loses to Robert/Robert wins competition

Slateport Ribbon Cup (U.S. date Today)
May loses to Drew/Drew loses to Robert/Robert wins competition

Now then, by some weird chance, did Robert's voice change? It really...Hmm, what's a nice way of saying it sucked? Somebody tell me because it's been a while since I've seen the episode with him in it. Anyways, the battle between May and Drew...Just one of the best battles I've seen May in

*such chemistry between the two*

Thriller

Its almost time
In my opinion, the Glalie scene was planned terribly. I have seen the corresponding Japanese episode and remember it very much and tons of things were changed.

First, theres the music. In the Japanese, after Glalie reveals itself, some magnificent music plays, this music makes sounds it sound like an accomplishment has been made and all work has paid off. Whereas the dub uses some random "yada yada" music as if nothing just happened. Of course, I didn't expect the original music to be kept in because of the use of Japanese lyrics but I was atleast expecting the Advance theme to play.

And then Ash kinda seemed... upset about it. "Snorunt, no way." Thats what he said when Snorunt started evolving. And then he didn't go "Glalie, you are awesome!" Like what he seemed to say in the original. And then they give no explanation about how Glalie can suddenly be able to use Ice Beam whereas, in the original, Robert tells Satoshi that Oonigori are well coordinated. All Robert says in the dub is tell Ash to see what Glalie can do.

You know what this tells me? 4Kids is very upset about this. For one, its not a Pokemon little kids would think Ash would get. Number two, it resembles a certain food they decided to make taboo all of a sudden. And number three, it looks demonic and evil.

I tell you, this makes me sick at what 4Kdis are going to do to Glalie and I hope they won't give it the shaft.

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
I've been waiting forever for this episode to air and it was amazing! Flygon was awesome! Glaile was also awesome! I really thought TR was gonna be intimitated by Glaile since (almost all the time) they get scared whenever a pokemon they've been taunting evolves.

V Faction

www.faction.com
Churly Ryan said:
You know what this tells me? 4Kids is very upset about this. For one, its not a Pokemon little kids would think Ash would get. Number two, it resembles a certain food they decided to make taboo all of a sudden. And number three, it looks demonic and evil.
You may be over-reacting.

I think it's kinda strange of Team Rocket just grab Robert and then Ash just comes up outta nowhere and says Thunderbolt!<.<

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Medea said:
Now then, by some weird chance, did Robert's voice change?

I don't remember him saying anything in the previous episode.

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
I kinda remember the voice being the same... one of Sean Schemmel's first 4Kids works. Of course, I could be just thinking things.

Anyway, nice episode. Snorunt evolves.

"That would explain your haircut..." Remember James saying something like this after Jessie said Glalie was beautiful (or whatever it was she did)? And does anyone remember how he said something almost identical to that in Jirachi Wishmaker? o_O

BTW, and this doesn't just apply to this episode, but it's great that we get to keep seeing competent, varying, interesting Trainer's Choices this season. Sure, it's still usually VERY easy, but they're definately better now.

As for the Grand Festival itself, it was a bit boring to me. The character interaction was fine, but the whole concept of it being nothing more than a bigger Pokemon Contest was somewhat boring, I expected something more interesting and new. :/

7/10.

Andromache

Cat and Snake lover
Not much to say here, but ContestShipping is so canon. :) I'm glad Drew defeated May. He's a good rival - talented but not stuck-up about it. Heck, I liked Drew since I first saw him.

We really don't need an uber Skitty. Definitely too much of that with Pikachu.

HoennMaster

I really loved this episode! The battle against Drew was amazing. I so glad that Glalie;362; has finally arrived! At first I didn't like it's voice but after watching the episode maybe 5 or 6 times you start to get used to it

Raevell

I have been waiting forever to find out how Glalie is pronounced. XD; It is one of the oddest names I've ever encountered with Pokemon.

I really enjoyed this episode a lot even though I knew of the out come from reading spoilers. I do wish May's battle with Harley would have been a little longer, it was too short for me. She basically destroyed him in my opinion where she seemed to struggle more in her first battle with him.

I liked Drew in this episode. He certainly has changed since his first appearance.

My Father actually made the comment he thought it was rude on Robert's part jumping in and giving Ash advice like that because he isn't some ignorant trainer anymore. I didn't think about this before it was mentioned but it gave me an interesting thought. Ash in the first seasons would not have liked this at all, someone jumping in like that. He would have yelled at them he could handle the situation himself. And even in one of the recent Japanese episodes when Drew basically does the same thing he does get angry.

Hmm.

Anyways, thoroughly enjoyed this episode.

The_Mighty_Medicham

It's electric!
Grr, stupid tape reached to end before the ending of this show so I missed it. I know what happens, but it cut out after Combusken did it's fiery Sky Uppercut.

ghost master

the kawaiist thing
First, theres the music. In the Japanese, after Glalie reveals itself, some magnificent music plays, this music makes sounds it sound like an accomplishment has been made and all work has paid off. Whereas the dub uses some random "yada yada" music as if nothing just happened. Of course, I didn't expect the original music to be kept in because of the use of Japanese lyrics but I was atleast expecting the Advance theme to play.
The dub almost never plays music during the episode. It isnt that they hate Glalie its that they almost never insert music in the episodes so its nothing new.
And then Ash kinda seemed... upset about it. "Snorunt, no way." Thats what he said when Snorunt started evolving. And then he didn't go "Glalie, you are awesome!" Like what he seemed to say in the original. And then they give no explanation about how Glalie can suddenly be able to use Ice Beam whereas, in the original, Robert tells Satoshi that Oonigori are well coordinated. All Robert says in the dub is tell Ash to see what Glalie can do.
He wasnt upset about it was suprise/shock/awe take yer pick. Also do you expect 4kids to dub everything word for word. Also it kinda seemed obvious from the viewers stand point. Lets see Snorunt cant concentrate and maintain a perfect ice beam. Snorunt evolves and according to the dub Glalie has "mastered" ice beam. Not much needed to explain there.

Eh Ash has had all types of pokemon. He "owned"/rented a haunter as well. Also the demograph is for around 10 year old males Glalie could be considered cool. 4kids never recognizes Japanese references. They even edit out most things Japanese oriented. Give them time we saw it for a few seconds they could still include the pun Morrison makes about glalie and the riceball but I doubt it since as I mentioned before they dont recognize many japanese influences in the dub.
I tell you, this makes me sick at what 4Kdis are going to do to Glalie and I hope they won't give it the shaft.
4kids cant shaft Glalie. They arent the writers of the show. Unless 4kids dubs it having it diss Glalie or them editing Glalie out and putting in another pokemon I kinda dont see them shafting it.

Samayowa

you amaze me.
This ep. was pretty good. I liked the May/Drew battle. It was really cool. Didn't care too much for Harley or the other guy. I like that Snorunt evolved..I love Glalie..

I loved this episode (even though Harley lost).

Robert has the same voice as Yu-gi-oh GX's Doctor Crowler and I thought it was different last time.

Great contest battle.

Overall 10/10

(One more thing...Did Ash mention his name to Robert?)