• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rhapsody In Drew (400)

HoennMaster

Maybe from May's Slateport Contest?

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Ah, I'm really going to miss Snorunt now that I'd gotten used to it, but I don't mind Glalie too much. I liked how Jessie thought it was beautiful, and James saying that would explain her hairstyle. ROFLOL I also liked when they were blasting off in that block of ice and James Too bad we'll only see Glalie for a few more weeks.

I really enjoyed May's battle with Drew in this episode. I could really see how far she's come in the Hoenn series with their battle. She and Drew were pretty evenly matched, such a far cry from Drew's first appearance. Even though Drew ended up winning, at least May took it pretty well. It was a terrific battle to watch, that's for sure.

I can't wait for the Hoenn championships to start next week. Mostly I'm looking forward to our Antonio Banderas meowth. LOL

9.5/10

GreenKirby

GreenKirby
I think during it's battle against Drew's pokemon, Combusken was too 00ber despite its loss. I mean deflecting a Solarbeam and a Flamethrower with a Fire Spin! That's just broken and not truly possible.

Pikachu

NW Tourney Winner
LOL! Baynette! That was really funny, it's like it was a Bayleef reincarnated into a Banette and Harley calling him that out retrospect. LOL!

The episode was a bland finish to the grand festival. And Glalie sounded bad and I mean really bad. And Ash saying his name was worse, not the Hoenn League is going to be real torture, almost like if Morisson wasn't enough.

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
I haven't seen this yet and may not do for a while. But what does Glalie actually sound like? That's what I really want to know!

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
He sounds like the devil, literally. Just imagine a really deep and intimidating voice saying "Gla-lieeeee"

And that's about what it sounds like. So evil.

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
CyberCubed said:
He sounds like the devil, literally. Just imagine a really deep and intimidating voice saying "Gla-lieeeee"

And that's about what it sounds like. So evil.

Wow, that sounds amazingly cool for a dub voice, since pokemon like Grovyle, Comusken, Ludicolo and (early one anyway) Swellow sounded unhumanly awful.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
This had so much potential. The end of the Grand Festival and Snorunt evolving should've done it.....but they rushed it WAY too much. Within five minutes, we went from May's battle with Drew to Drew losing to Robert. The May/Drew and Robert/Drew matches should've had their own episode. Harley's presence in this one just crunched the rest into too little space.

Jo-Jo

blows stuff uhup
In fairness, contest battles can only be up to five minutes long. Even with a full length Drew/Robert match, that wouldn't be enough to fill an entire episode.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
The Great Butler said:
.....but they rushed it WAY too much. Within five minutes, we went from May's battle with Drew to Drew losing to Robert.

Well it's not like they're going to show us Drew battling no-name coordinators on his way to Robert. The writers skipped those matches just to give us the final one.

The May/Drew and Robert/Drew matches should've had their own episode.

A single contest battle lasting an entire episode would be way too stretched out. As well as the battle being 5 minutes in the matches, it wouldn't make sense either.

I thought the May/Drew battle was the perfect length, it wasn't too short and it didn't drag.

As for Robert/Drew? Sure, I'd love to see Drew get his ass kicked for a change, but I can see why we only caught the tail-end of it.

Did we see the full battle where Richie lost? No, we saw the very end with Ivysaur knocking out Pikachu.

Did we see the full battle when Harrison lose to another trainer in the Johto league? No, we saw him knocked out in 10 seconds.

This show doesn't focus on the rivals, but the heroes. While it would have been nice to see the rivals battling in their final match, it's nothing to be concerned about.

Besides, we know Harley and Drew will be in the next Grand Festival too, so we'll see more matches from them anyway.

Aqua_Maiden

Queen of the Abyss
Okay when Harley was telling May to keep using Silver wind I was really getting angry because May didn't really use her head. Anyway I just felt like fighting Harley. Also I think snorunt should have evolved in an episode without an major event like the Grand Festival. Does anyone else think that Harley is kinda, you know, there is nothing wrong with being that way.

Pokemonger49777

IT'S ASHER JESUS!!!
Unfortunately she lucked out. I would've just used blizzard from skitty and fire spin from combusken (on masquerain).

parasectdude

Wants name change
I never post here at all, but I just saw this episode and feel like posting here.

The May VS Drew contest battle was biased. Oh yes it was. How can a simple inaccurate attack cut half of the point bar while Combusken's flaming Sky Uppercut reduced barely an eighth? I say that they only did this to make sure the episode plot went according to plan. Otherwise, May would have won, hands down.