• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rhyperior vs Electivire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archaic

rawr!
Which is best for my competitive team?

;466; vs ;464;

Archaic

rawr!
What about a skill swapped rhyperior with white herb in a sandstorm? rhyperior outruns electivire after white herb. one earthquake= dead electivire.

Electivire easily, plus he could ohko rypherior with 1 ice punch

Electivire can't OHKO Rhyperior with any move it has, not even Choice Specs Modest Hidden Power Grass. Rhyperior can easily OHKO Electivire with an Earthquake.

This isn't the right place to be asking this, plus we would need to see the rest of your team to tell what would be best.

Electivire easily, plus he could ohko rypherior with 1 ice punch

No, Jolly 252 Atk EVire with a Life Orb against even a 0/0 Solid Rock Rhyperior isn't even breaking 80%.

It honestly depends on your team, but Rhyperior is superior in most occasion. Unlike EVire, he has plenty of bulk to speak of, which is further amplified by Solid Rock. He also had lots of power behind his excellent offensive STABs, and he's capable of OHKO and 2HKOing most of the game. Electivire really has lackluster power when you take into account the bas power of its STAB and coverage moves. Its lack of bulk is also worsened by the fact that its average speed isn't enough to compensate for it. It has a niche with its good mixed stats and coverage as a wall breaker, but Rhyperior is just more successful overall.

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

AshXSerena = Canon
What about a skill swapped rhyperior with white herb in a sandstorm? rhyperior outruns electivire after white herb. one earthquake= dead electivire.

You would have to go through alot of effort for that to work though

Electivire can't OHKO Rhyperior with any move it has, not even Choice Specs Modest Hidden Power Grass. Rhyperior can easily OHKO Electivire with an Earthquake.

This isn't the right place to be asking this, plus we would need to see the rest of your team to tell what would be best.

My electivire managed to ohko a rypherior easily on my last wifi battle

No, Jolly 252 Atk EVire with a Life Orb against even a 0/0 Solid Rock Rhyperior isn't even breaking 80%.

It honestly depends on your team, but Rhyperior is superior in most occasion. Unlike EVire, he has plenty of bulk to speak of, which is further amplified by Solid Rock. He also had lots of power behind his excellent offensive STABs, and he's capable of OHKO and 2HKOing most of the game. Electivire really has lackluster power when you take into account the bas power of its STAB and coverage moves. Its lack of bulk is also worsened by the fact that its average speed isn't enough to compensate for it. It has a niche with its good mixed stats and coverage as a wall breaker, but Rhyperior is just more successful overall.

Not every rypherior only one's who the trainers put alot of effort in could ohko a electvire, but rypherior has to many weaknesses, so electvire would be a better pokemon suited for your team

You would have to go through alot of effort for that to work though

My electivire managed to ohko a rypherior easily on my last wifi battle

Not every rypherior only one's who the trainers put alot of effort in could ohko a electvire, but rypherior has to many weaknesses, so electvire would be a better pokemon suited for your team

I'm pretty sure Jesusfreak and I have a lot more competitive experience than you do, myself personally having 5 years. We actually ran calcs on the pokemon instead of just saying what "happened". Electivire is a much worse pokemon than a lot of less experienced battlers think it is, while Rhyperior is a force to be reckoned with with it's Sub set in generation 4, and a monster in UU in generation 5.

Archaic

rawr!
I'm pretty sure Jesusfreak and I have a lot more competitive experience than you do, myself personally having 5 years. We actually ran calcs on the pokemon instead of just saying what "happened". Electivire is a much worse pokemon than a lot of less experienced battlers think it is, while Rhyperior is a force to be reckoned with with it's Sub set in generation 4, and a monster in UU in generation 5.

Since you seem to know what your talking about, is Magmortar any good?

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

AshXSerena = Canon

Ofourse you guys will, my first game was soul silver back in 2010, but that still doesn't change the fact that rypherior has to many weaknesses to be of any use

Ofourse you guys will, my first game was soul silver back in 2010, but that still doesn't change the fact that rypherior has to many weaknesses to be of any use

Celebi has more weaknesses than Rhyperior, and it's one of the best pokemon in each generation it's in. Rhyperior has the bulk to withstand most hits, super effective or not, while Electivire cannot do the same. You should learn what makes a pokemon good before you try to give others advice.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
I would say Rhyperior have some advantages in terms of typing and defense

Even if a Rhyperior had a neutral Atk nature and no investment, put up against an Electivire with max HP, Rhyperior still very easily OHKOs with Earthquake.

Not really, no. Consider this:
-Rhyperior is primarily used in UU, where Sand is the only permanent weather left. As I'm sure you know, Sand gives a 50% boost to the SpD of Rock types, giving Rhyperior about the equivalent of 115/130/107 defenses which, when compiled with Solid Rock makes it one of the bulkiest Pokemon in standard play.
-Three of Rhyperior's typing weaknesses, Steel, Rock, and Fighting, are primarily physical. It's easy for Rhyperior to tank those hits with its physical bulk, which is nothing short of massive.
-The other three of Rhyperior's weaknesses are usually, special, its weak point, but even then Solid Rock and Sand help it take some of those hits much more easily. For example, even with no HP investment whatsoever, Rhyperior can survive the Scald from defensive Empoleon in the Sand 100% of the time, which is pretty much the strongest defensive Scald in UU.
-Besides that, its only other weakness is its low speed. While this would be a problem in the fast and powerful OU, Rhyperior's excellent bulk and incredible power allow it to still function extremely well in UU, even with that unfortunate handicap.
-Electivire may just have one typing weakness, but think about its other weaknesses. Its power and speed are average at best, and its defenses are laughable. Electivire has trouble threatening some teams much at all, while Rhyperior honestly has to contend with a few typing weaknesses and low speed.

KingWiggins

Which is cooler? Electivire
Which would win in a battle? Rhyperior

RedAce♠

Ace Trainer
[WINNER] Rhyperior ;464; Electivire ;466; [LOSER]

Reasons, one earthquake from Rhyperior would kill Electivire requarless of anything held or nature... I mean an Air Ballon would be a waste and Magnet Rise still wouldn't save him from stone edge. Now I'm not saying Electivire sucks, but if you place this two together... then your going to get a match with a big dog placed into a small cage with a cat ^^;

Even with Ice punch and such, it will still be imposible for him to win, especialy if it's the soild rock type version which I don't see anybody not suing that ability ^^; The only way of Electivire would win is if you are fighting a player who doesn't know weaknesses or if they trained a very poor Rhyperior.

But to end this, it all depends on what your team is. If your running a sandstorm team, then Rhyperior. If you run a rain team, then Electivire could work. But if we saw the rest of your team we could give you a better answer.

Profesco

gone gently
Use the Competitive Discussion subforum and the RMT threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.