• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Riddle Me This! (058)

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Yea and I loved how we saw Ash's group wandering around at night and how they stumbled upon Gary's room and how Ash was hungry and wanted some of the food.

Gary should've shared some IMO, though I'm glad that even though Gary provoked Ash and wanted to humiliate him, that Ash didn't accept Gary's offer.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Gary should've shared some IMO, though I'm glad that even though Gary provoked Ash and wanted to humiliate him, that Ash didn't accept Gary's offer.

Ha ha, I'm just glad that we saw karma kick in right afterward when Gary's room got invaded by Jigglypuff and how Jigglypuff's singing put Gary and his cheerleaders to sleep. :3

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Ha ha, I'm just glad that we saw karma kick in right afterward when Gary's room got invaded by Jigglypuff and how Jigglypuff's singing put Gary and his cheerleaders to sleep. :3

Eh, I don't know if it was karma per se since I'm sure that they would have fallen asleep that night anyway. I just wish we'd seen more of Cinnabar's lab...

Leonhart

Imagineer
Looking back, it seemed like Guren Town was kind of wasted as an episode setting. We only got a fleeting look at the island's commercial district, we only saw a couple of inns, and the cast barely spent a few minutes at the Pokemon Lab. Satoshi's exploration of the island left much to be desired.

Alloutℯ

Banned
It's odd that Blaine's voice changed when he removed his wig and he seemed crazy in a way because he built such a dangerous Gym inside a magma chamber.

Leonhart

Imagineer
It's odd that Blaine's voice changed when he removed his wig and he seemed crazy in a way because he built such a dangerous Gym inside a magma chamber.

The volcanic Gym layout did seem rather dangerous. I do wonder if Katsura even considered what would happen if his opponent's Pokemon fell off the battlefield's platform.

Vipsoccermaster

Great episode. Loved the riddles Blaine made. And his wig and sunglasses are funny. Misty is smart on the riddles. Gary loves to tease Ash, but Gary was wrong about Cinnabar Island not having a gym. And the battles at the end were okay. Excellent Magmar debut, however.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Great episode. Loved the riddles Blaine made. And his wig and sunglasses are funny. Misty is smart on the riddles. Gary loves to tease Ash, but Gary was wrong about Cinnabar Island not having a gym. And the battles at the end were okay. Excellent Magmar debut, however.

Kasumi's cleverness astounded me since thus far she seemed like the group's least knowledgeable member to me. I would've expected Takeshi to answer the riddles instead.

Daizy

I call you honey
Why was Gary even vacationing on Cinnabar Island when he was seen as a busy body all the time? Was this before or after he won ten gym badges?

Leonhart

Imagineer
Why was Gary even vacationing on Cinnabar Island when he was seen as a busy body all the time? Was this before or after he won ten gym badges?

If I remember right, he was visiting Guren Town here because he wanted a break from collecting Badges, which might imply that his collection was indeed completed by this point.

Cinnabar Island had an actual volcano unlike the games. When Jigglypuff made Gary fall asleep I laughed so hard. One thing I disliked was how Blaine was using a freaking Rhydon of all things.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
Gary really irked me in this episode, but at least he did have his face scribbled on by Jigglypuff. I liked Blaine's riddles, too. Ninetales seemed overpowered against Squirtle, although it did make sense considering the Generation I's effect of Fire Spin. I was puzzled by the fact Pikachu beat Rhydon with an electric attack.
6.5/10

Leonhart

Imagineer
KyogreThunder said:
Ninetales seemed overpowered against Squirtle, although it did make sense considering the Generation I's effect of Fire Spin.

I felt like that match-up was ridiculous. Zenigame should've won, and I think his loss was simply written that way to balance out Katsura's Saidon's loss.

I didn't like how Blaine kept giving Ash and friends riddles since he was just being annoying with them. I did like how we saw Ash realize that the Cinnabar Island Gym still existed although it was mostly thanks to Togepi. I'll never forget that Blaine used a Rhydon because it wasn't even a Fire type Pokemon. He really should have used Arcanine instead like he did in the video games.

Ash was really dense since he came to the island not even knowing that the Cinnabar gym wasn't even in service anymore. Gary might be an ass on occasion, but for once he had a point when he mocked Ash for being naive and clueless. I liked Blaine a lot however because he was kooky and had a lot of puns that would make Samson Oak jealous. I thought that the gym battle itself was all kinds of wrong though like the part with Rhydon and Pikachu. 6/10

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
Magmar's entrance in this episode is too epic!!!

It was but it made me kinda scratch my head because it was made to look like Magmar could survive inside of lava and even by Pokemon standards that seems hard to believe.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ubermuk said:
It was but it made me kinda scratch my head because it was made to look like Magmar could survive inside of lava and even by Pokemon standards that seems hard to believe.

In the case of Boober in this episode, I'm pretty confident that its ability to live in magma was a reference to its Zukan entry from Yellow version, which states that Boober are born in active volcanoes.

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...
This is the episode which made me like Magmar. Its entrance was just that cool.

I don't mind Blane using Ryhdon, or Pikachu winning against it by shocking its horn. The TV show & games had their own, slightly different set of rules, based on each medium's needs.

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
I don't mind Blane using Ryhdon, or Pikachu winning against it by shocking its horn. The TV show & games had their own, slightly different set of rules, based on each medium's needs.

But wasn't it weird that he had that instead of Arcanine or Rapidash like he had in the games? Who wrote this episode and why did they ignore some Kanto Fire types and give him a Rock/Ground type?

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ubermuk said:
But wasn't it weird that he had that instead of Arcanine or Rapidash like he had in the games? Who wrote this episode and why did they ignore some Kanto Fire types and give him a Rock/Ground type?

I definitely think that they should've gone with a Fire-type that Katsura actually used in-game. Them using Boober as his ace made sense even though he didn't have one in R/G/B/Y because it was one of the few Gen I Fire-types that hadn't debuted prior to this episode,, but they could've at least been consistent with the rest of his team.