• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Riddle Revival: The new Pokémon Riddle thread!

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
It's not Spoink.

(It's gone Octo - me - Octo - me so far though...)

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
(I noticed. Just saying the old Thread did. Doesn't mean this one has, though it probably will get some more hopefully)

Anyway.

Banette?

The first sentence refers to a child.
The second refers to possession, either the child's possession of the doll or the Banette possessing the doll. Either way.
Hypocrite refers to the patience, where its a long-discarded doll who has broken its patience and tries to find its child.
Not sure for the fourh.
The appearances and rhink line refers to how Ghosts were originally Physical in Gen III, its debut, despite it having better Special stats (?)
Idk the rest.

octoboy

I Crush Everything
Hmmmm... I'm going to see if I can narrow it down without outright taking the riddle ball here. I'm getting a definite sense this is a trio member, quite possibly one of the legendary beasts. You'll need patience to track one down and catch one, but they move around and can't stay still. They are the second legendary trio, so the mathematical part fits. But which of them it could be, I can't say.

Tangeh

Following on the above logic, the "divide by three after you divide by two" thing seems like it references the two trios led by Arceus - Arceus is the only legendary that is the leader of two trios (both the creation trio and the lake guardians) so to me it seems like it would be one of those six. Considering Mesprit is the only one of the six (I'm pretty sure...) that wanders after you encounter it, Imma go with Mesprit?

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
Not Banette or Mesprit. I'll give a hint after two more guesses.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Remember, child, that patience is a virtue
So please, possess it if you can; > You get Slowpoke at the Slowpoke Well, but can't evolve it into Slowking until you get surf so you can go back to get King's Rock.
Though admittedly call me a hypocrite
As I cannot stay still quite where I stand! > Could refer to slow movement.
Remember, dear, this proverb
Waste not and so want not > The Shellder on it's head has a toxin, which is usually harmful, but in this case unlocks extraordinary potential.
See? I can be quite wise
Despite appearances, I think a lot. > Dopey appearance, but a very smart Pokemon.
To finish, I shall give you
An interesting mathematical clue
Think of dividing by three > Three Pokemon in the evolution line.
After first dividing by two. > Originally was only two.
Maybe then you'll find your answer.

I'm going to guess Slowking.

Tangeh

Alrighty, new viewpoint!

I'm going to guess Porygon:

Remember, child, that patience is a virtue - Referring to how it took four generations for Porygon to get its final evolution, or how many coins it takes to obtain a porygon from the game corner
So please, possess it if you can; - So many coins :O
Though admittedly call me a hypocrite
As I cannot stay still quite where I stand! - Porygon is constantly moving in its neutral battle animation iirc
Remember, dear, this proverb
Waste not and so want not - It's one of few pokemon to learn Recycle by level up
See? I can be quite wise
Despite appearances, I think a lot. - Referencing its analytic ability
To finish, I shall give you
An interesting mathematical clue
Think of dividing by three - Porygon-Z / Porygon-3
After first dividing by two. - Porygon2
Maybe then you'll find your answer. - = Porygon

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
Not Slowking or Porygon.

The dividing line does not necessarily refer to a generational change.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
I refuse to let this die again

Bwldum?
Patience refers to it always being very late in the games, and the 2/3 line reminds me of it multiplying to form Metang and Metagross.

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
(THANK YOU!!!)

Not Beldum.

Will give a hint after three more just to keep this thing alive TwT

xYachu

Spicy Tuna!
Maybe time to revive this again? So... My guess would be Oddish.

Can't stand still : Run Away ability
Despite appearances quite wise : Yeah well... it doesn't look smart
After first dividing by two : After it evolves into Gloom it cab evolve into Bellosom or Vineplume.

Last edited: