• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ridiculous Baton Pass team (You really want to see this)

Ixin

So here is my amazing (though highly unreliable) BP team. Hope you enjoy.
PLZ RATE!!!!

ninjask.png

Ninjask @ Leftovers
Trait: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Substitute
- Protect
- Swords Dance
- Baton Pass
Basically the most amazing ninjask set ever. Don't know why noone else uses it. Hypothetically, this is a guaranteed +6 speed boost, just start with a sub. If they use stealth rock/spikes/non-damaging moves/unable to break sub, use swords dance, then once they start attacking, just switch between protect and sub. Unfortunately, in my hypothetic world, there are no taunters and pseudo-hazers. Usually if I see a thundurus coming, the most common taunter I see (who also has priority taunt), I send out my t-tar, but they usually just switch and taunt me later. If they send out hippowdon or skarmory, I usually send out rotom-W, but again they may switch and roar/whirlwind later.

gliscor.png

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Ice Fang
- Baton Pass
Due to it's many resistances and immunities, gliscor is very useful to baton pass to. Basically I Swords dance as much as possible then pass, unless I can take some pokes out with EQ or ice fang first, then pass later. EV's and nature are for a normal gliscor set, which I can run if I skip this step in the chain and pass straight to my receiver.

rampardos.jpg

Rampardos @ Focus Sash
Trait: Mold Breaker
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Swords Dance
This is my receiver. A massive 165 attack stat, the highest in the game, barring Deoxys-A, plus around +5/+6 speed boost and probably +2/+6 atk boost = a Rampaging Monster. Mold breaker is useful so I can hit levitaters with EQ. Stone edge is for Ridiculously strong STAB, EQ is for Edgequake combo, fire punch is for annoying steels, especially ones like skarmory or baloondrill who avoid EQ. Focus sash is used to guarantee surviving first hit, but I found that the first hit usually does not go take it out, wasting the sash.
EDIT: With +6 Atk and +6 speed it gets: atk-1884, speed-860.

tyranitarf.png

Tyranitar (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 180 SAtk / 76 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
Used as my weather controller, especially useful since sandstorm boosts Rampardos's sp. def. MixTar is a beast, able to take out skarm, and many other threats. FireBlast and Ice beam are for annoying steels and dragons respectively, Stone edge and Crunch are for STAB.

excadrill.png

Excadrill (M) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd/ 4 HP
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- X-Scissor
- Brick Break
Even If my BP fails, I'm not done yet. Excadrill is a beastly poke, outspeeding a ton of OU pokes in sandstorm. Earthquake is for deadly STAB, rockslide for coverage, same with X-scissor and Brick Break. I chose air Balloon, since it seemed to basically give excadrill one more life than usual, since an EQ usually meant OHKO.

rotomw.png

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 112 HP / 252 SAtk / 144 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
Rotom-W seemed to be the most convenient coverage poke for my team. It deals with both hippowdon and skarmory, two of the team's greatest threats due to their ability to just blow away all the stat boosts. Thunderbolt and Hydropump are for STAB, and as explained, cover the weaknesses well. will-O-wisp is for the attack drop and also just to generally spread status, especially when I expect a switch. Pain split is very useful to heal me and hurt the opponent, very convenient when I'm low on health and expect a healthy poe to switch in. also useful to take down Blissey/Chansey.

ok So that's basically all there is to it. My main problems are Taunters, Pseudo-hazers, and one that I forgot to mention:priority attackers. unfortunately Rampardos is weak to both bullet Punch and mach punch/vacuum wave (not to mention aqua jet). Overall, I made this team with that ninjask as a start and looking for the most powerful poke there is that was in need of major speed improvement which turned out to be Rampardos. Please comment and help me out! Thanks.

Last edited:

DarkForce

Unknown Trainer
Wow, the Rampardos set and its synergy with BP is just AMAZING. Over 1000 attack is more than beastly, and you've got three back-up revenge-killers/sweepers to take out any taunters or hazers threatening your team. However, one slip and the whole team could fall apart, so you need to be careful with that. Overall, this is an excellent team! :)

DragonSkull94

The Heartless Hero
Tyranitar, Excadrill and Rampardos are all done for when they meet Mach Punch Conkeldurr; and it looks like the rest of your team won't be doing much to him whilst he sets up on you.

jvh792

I like it a lot. It's cool. Your lead is gimmicky, which I love. But ya, I think highly unreliable is a good phrase for this. It may help if you had some disruption yourself to taunt taunters. I could very easily see this team 6-0 ing or 6 - 1 ing teams without an answer. Water seems to be a glaring weakness with 4 guys weak to it and ninjask unable to sub to takes hits without leaving this earth forever...

Medicham's Hat

<-- Jazz Hands
An interesting team, however, as stated before, priority users (such as Conkeldurr), tear this team apart. I think that Jellicent could be a huge help, as he resists or is immune to all forms of priority (except Sucker Punch) and wipes the floor with Conkeldurr (if you predict well) and provides Taunt for some annoyance.

Ai7iS

Head Forum Moderator
Rampardos should not have Stone Edge. Bad accuracy in this case is not a risk you want to take after all that setting up. You don't really need the additional power. I would replace Stone Edge with a more reliable move. Possibly think of a replacement for Ttar as well. Rock Slide? My only worries is that even with Rock Slide you still have a chance of missing. Either way, it is up to you. Also, do you really need Swords Dance on Rampardos? His defenses are bad, and it may not come in handy very often. If you can find a replacement for Swords Dance, then I would recommend it, as Rampardos relies heavily on the Baton Passing, and not so much on his own Swords Dance, I would assume. Although, I guess you do have Focus Sash, so that is your choice. Otherwise, you have quite the interesting team. Good luck with it.

Last edited:

Cissinho

good team, but since your are using Ninjask and most of the leads have taunt, you are very susceptible to be ruined...
i don´t think you need SD in Rampardos since he is going to be the receiver of the baton pass chain... you can run for another move... Maybe Crunch will work so you can kill easily any Ghost and Psychic pokemon... and you really don´t want to use Stone Edge... it´s awfull accuracy can stop your team... if you want a Rock attack, run for Rock Slide...

Appoh

I really like this team not just about baton pass it has backup towards taunters or priority baton breakers Only suggestion is more coverage with rampardos don't use swords dance

legendarypokemonmaster

I like baton pass teams, they were beast in gen 3. You need some defense against taunters, maybe you could add a taunter of your own.

ashsinnoh

Really nice team, but in this gen entry hazards are very popular mid-game, and you run no rapid spinner, and that makes you lose focus sash on Rampardos and crushes your chaces to use Ninjask again later. As mentioned above priority OWNS you really badly. Other than that awesome BP team... ^^

Ixin

Ok I changed Stone edge to rock slide and SD to crunch on rampardos for the above mentioned reasons. I was thinking about switching rotom for a Thundurus, giving me a taunter with priority and also a good counter to skarm and a decent counter to hippowdon.

hallstromjr

Boston Celtic
The reason people dont use that set on Ninjask is because its Taunt bait. When you're Taunted you're forced to switch out..its a good idea dont get me wrong, but very, very risky. Thats why most people also use X-scissor instead of Substitute, and if it comes in late game it can attack at least.