• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ridiculous NPC's in Pokemon

So i just found my two new favorite Pokemon NPCs. This is a chat between boy and a girl.
Boy: "Y'know… My Emolga really wants to schlock your Dedenne."
Girl: "…What?"
I don't think this conversation needs any explanation. You can find these two people on Vernal Avenue in Lumiose City, next to Vert Plaza.

Hahahaha exactly, this is one of my favorites too. I remember when I first saw it, I considered putting it up on Pokémemes, but I knew it would make it on eventually. Sure enough, it was up within a couple weeks.

Some of my other favorites are basically anything Miror B says.

But, my absolute favorite which I've stolen for my own personal use whenever I'm about to take a risk on something is the guy in Kanto... I think he's between Saffron and Lavender... He says "I'm a ramblin' gamblin' dude!"

ShachonianX

Spheal Lord
And then there is Mr O ; always found in a hotel bedroom...
His name is actually Mr. Bonding, and he can also be found in Pokemon Centers. But still, it is weird how his name is Mr. "BONDING," he gives you "O POWERS," wears a pink suit, and can be found in hotel bedrooms, sitting on a bed. Oh yeah, and when he gives you an O Power, the screen goes black.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU, GAMEFREAK?

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
His name is actually Mr. Bonding, and he can also be found in Pokemon Centers. But still, it is weird how his name is Mr. "BONDING," he gives you "O POWERS," wears a pink suit, and can be found in hotel bedrooms, sitting on a bed. Oh yeah, and when he gives you an O Power, the screen goes black.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU, GAMEFREAK?

seriously I think it's funny but it's also very suggestive if you're old enough to understand what it could mean lol

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Funny story, I have had multiple picnics in a cave. However, this was only because when you get to the back of this cave, you tend to be really hungry at the end. So what better way to do this then to have a cave picnic?

However, I highly doubt that this is what the creators intended. I don't think they were considering my weird friends at the time of programming.

Another group I find odd: Everyone in the Pokemon tower in Platinum/Diamond/Pearl (Yes, I forgot the specific name). They are mourning the deaths of their Pokemon, so they challenge you to a battle? That's like going to your Grandma's funeral then deciding to play baseball. It just doesn't fit the tone of the moment.

The picknickers on Route 111 are completely nonsensical, though.

Yet the same thing happened at Mt. Pyre and Celestial Tower. Also like half the Trainers there were only there for some kiddy dare and most of the remaining ones were either picknicking (wtf), on a date, or (Kirby) taking out the loss of his Pokémon Team Galactic caused on the player.

But, my absolute favorite which I've stolen for my own personal use whenever I'm about to take a risk on something is the guy in Kanto... I think he's between Saffron and Lavender... He says "I'm a ramblin' gamblin' dude!"

Which was retconned to "I'm a ramblin' gaming dude" in FRLG.
Also iirc he's actually east of Vermillion.

Sohryu

Be a Man!
seriously I think it's funny but it's also very suggestive if you're old enough to understand what it could mean lol

I do remember a thread on SPPF, that discussed those things on games and series, cartoons etc. I think it's a fairly common thing between them, haha! I do wonder why, though. The relevance of it.

"You know, my Emolga really wants to shock your Dedenne!"

I think an update to the XY games changed this to say "You know, my Emolga really wants to be with your Dedenne forever!"

No...I think that appears when you get max style. I tried and that's what I found when I'd just gotten the Hatching Power from Mr. Bonding.

Really? I think I'm up to date with them, and they regularly alternate between the two for me.

But, I agree: that line is the pinnacle of awkward lines. Upon seeing it for the first time, I blinked and said 'what' aloud. Needless to say, it was unsettling.

I know I'm dredging up some old posts here, but it is definitely true that you can hear both of those lines in the game. It hasn't been changed with any updating. Now, to be honest, I kinda think they are two separate couples, and all the couples look alike anyway.

And I totally don't get why people think that is unsettling. It's a dude saying something dumb to impress a girl.

On a different note, this thread has a significant proportion of quotes that are substantially different than how they appear in the games. Seriously, people, check your quotes!

appelpower

Sinnoh Champion
A Team Rocket Grunt in Mt. Moon (only in the original Red and Blue). Not because he acts strange, just because of his grossly OP Lv. 16 Raticate that keeps destroying every one of my Pokémon with Hyper Fang! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Iblistech

Simply Fabulous
Some of my other favorites are basically anything Miror B says.

Don't even get me started with him. "Hey baby, it's you again."

Also Eusine stalking Suicune. Talk about obsessed. Reminds me of the Fan Club President in R/B/Y & FR/LG talking about his Rapidash.

Joth

Back from the Dead
Not really ridiculous, but being the pro-oldies kid that I am, the hiker in the rock tunnel in FRLG that says "Hit me with your best shot!" His text after he loses is "Fired away!". Makes me chuckle. Also in FRLG, the sailor on the S. S. Anne that runs up to you when you open his cabin door and says, "I like feisty kids like you!" Also on the S. S. Anne is the chef that says "Sniff sniff... I only get to cut onions..."

I cannot think of a lot of ridiculous NPCs from Pokemon right now, but I recall Juggler Irwin from Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver.

I always found him to be a bit creepy, since he likes to comment on how cool the hero/heroine is, and other things that would strike as odd.

Also, he never even asks for a rematch, even though he wants to see the hero/heroine again...

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
"I am heartbreaker....My name Charles...."

I loved this guy. Not only did he introduce you to triple battles in BW2, but I really felt that he deserved love.

Solfatara

Forest-Dweller
I always liked Charles too! The first time I battled him I remember struggling somewhat to beat him as well, which is always refreshing upon going through a game.
I think the day care couple are ridiculous for being equally surprised each time the pokemon produce an egg -_-
Also, in HG, before the train line works, the conductor saying something like
"I know! I'll carry you on my back all the way to Kanto!"
...That won't work."

Last edited:

HoundoomFan

shy shipper
"Opps, dropped my balls!"
"This gym is great! It's full of woman!"
"Don't try anything funny in the dark!"
That girl that just says "meow."
"Smell ya later!"
“I don’t want to miss anything you do from now on!”
"Eek! Did you touch me?"
"I like feisty kids like you!"
"I'm not laughing!I have Hay fever! Ahahacho!"
"...Hug it when I'm sleeping, warm and cuddly, spectacular....ravashing. ... "

Last edited:
He doesn't say that. Really.

The guy says that his Emolga wants to shock her Dedenne. And as I know the word shock is not censored on these Forums, I know the game does not say what you think it does.

Mudcat

Professor Oak.

"This is my grandson, he has been your rival since you were small. What was his name again?"

It's no laughing matter, but I swear he suffers from early onset Alzheimer's.

zhixun

"This is my grandson, he has been your rival since you were small. What was his name again?"

It's no laughing matter, but I swear he suffers from early onset Alzheimer's.

This is hilarious and ridiculous too. If a doctor who studies Pokémon and suddenly lost the very basic memory, then how can he continue to do research?