• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Riding on Lapras (1232)

Ash Ketchum!

Pokemon Trainer

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
This was funny! I loved it, especially the heartwarming moments between Ash and Lapras. Pikachu had his foot on the TRio’s necks!

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
LOL honestly, this was such a fun episode. At first I was like, are they really solving the wailmer crisis already? Just for it to evolve into wailord, like I don't think anyone saw that coming. I saw wailmer maybe falling into the hole or something happening, but did not expect an evo. That was too good.

Then pikachu just seeing TRio and taking things into his own hands, such a good pal. Although also, dark pikachu has appeared. Forces them into labour with threats and ends up blasting them off anyways lol. I get why, but still funny.

The obvious reference to the first movie short of pulling charizard out compared to pulling wailord out, was too lovely. Also just the reserves are so fun, even sirfetch'd just surfing was too good and he is one of the newest reserves. Misty could have helped, or at least mega evolved gyarados, but alas, not a real complaint I have.

I chuckled a lot this episode.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
This episode was HILARIOUS
Can't wait to wait it properly with subs and fully, but from what I managed to see it was fun af
Torterra learning Frenzy Plant feels like a full circle moment for it kinda, nice closure for me as someone who loved Torterra despite its poor record and wanted something for it
Sirfetchd is such a Chad istg

All in all, a perfect episode. I love how self aware and silly this episode was as well, seemed like the perfect mix of everything

diakyu

So since a lot of these final few episodes are showcasing common tropes or playing with old tropes of the anime I liked how Pikachu, or anyone really, finally just saw TR in the wild lmao. Like they go around in a hot air ballon half the time and no one sees them? I also like how they got one last scenario where tr has to help the twerps, love those.

I do think it's funny that for what is essentially a legacy Ash mon all of Lapras' unique quirks were here and there's like three of them. You can ride on its back, it slides on ice, and it has a family. Wow. I mean sure it fought things but I don't think anyone even remembers it doing that

kamineko23

Can someone remind me what background music were used when Lapras saved Ash from the cave and when Ash having farewell with Lapras? I kinda remember it's from game (either city/route) but I forget which.

Xuxuba

There was no build up towards the reunion, they simply got over it on the first few minutes and Lapras felt pretty much irrelevant for most of the episode. They also made Misty's reaction so underwhelming when she traveled with Lapras just as much as Ash did, i wonder why they made her have next to no expressions on here when she was surrounded by water pokémon. Brock's contributions were very limited, as per usual.
I guess the Wailord gag was somewhat funny (not that much tbh), but it got old quick.
The most interesting part was probably Pikachu threatening Team Rocket to work with them, at least that was a bit different compared to the rest of this episode's unoriginal plot.

Last edited:

Queen Cynthia

Dignified Queen of Sinnoh
The narrator already summarized the episode pretty well: "Conducting a rescue and being rescued in turn". And I would like to add it was a really funny and curious episode. So, let's get started with the details:

Most importantly, of course, there was Lapras' return. Frankly, it has never been one of my favorite Pokemon because during the Orange Archipelago adventures you couldn't help thinking Lapras just served as some replacement for a boat for Ash. But still, it had it special moments, and the reunion today was emotional, too. So, yes, I guess it was a good idea to bring it back.

Then we had that constant back and forth with Wailmer being rescued, evolving, being stuck again, being rescued once again and finally Ash being the one who needed help. I wasn't quite happy with the first two rescue attempts because I'm not really sure if pulling such a heavy Pokemon out by just using a simple fishing rod or a man-powered small submarine would actually work. However, I really loved the idea behind the final rescue of Ash: Freezing the incoming water and digging a tunnel into it. That sure was cleverly done!

for me the two funniest moments were a) Pikachu enslaving TRio which, as some other user put it, was slightly unethical :p and b) Wobbuffet giving TRio energy drinks randomly and out of nowhere. Both scenes were hilarious and made me laugh hard.

Finally, my favorite scene clearly was Misty's final remark "We just could have used a Pokeball to free it". YES, of course you could!! :D While you could have wondered why nobody had come up with that idea earlier, it kind of shows to me the writers actually start thinking about their own episodes, which is a good think per se. However, I'm also wondering why they didn't do that during the PWC and the Masters Eight Tournament in particular.

Anyways, an entertaining episode that was really fun to watch!

doofinc

get rillaboomed
Pretty fun episode TBH. The gag of freeing Wailmer only for it to evolve into Wailord is actually hilarious. Pikachu finally noticing Team Rocket and blackmailing them into helping was pretty good too. And of course realizing at the end they could've just caught and released Wailmer was perfect.
Not much to say about the other elements - Lapras was here mainly as a side char as opposed to Squirtle in his ep. Found it a bit funny that this is the episode where Ash has a full team when there was already so much going on, but at least they all got something to do.
This is one of the better MPM episodes just off of fun.

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
Not an essay time:
This is not a drill, Ash actually used 6 pokemon this episode? That's a first for MPM. In any case, we knew from the preview that Kingler, Sirfetch'd, Bayleef and Heracross were going to appear but I thought that'd be it, so it was a surprise to see Ash send in a 6th, namely Torterra who came out sporting Frenzy Plant, which in itself is also a first as it marks the first time one of Ash's fully evolved starters has used one of the elemental Hyper Beams.
When Wailmer got carried away with its bouncing upon its initial rescue, I imagine Latias was probably thinking "It's going to get stuck again." and even I was thinking that it was going to end up evolving, creating a bigger problem (pun intended) for the second half of the episode.
The way Pikachu got Team Rocket to get them to assist was amusing, and is a good display of his mischievous side which he has had from the get go. Was it unethical? Yes, but it's Team Rocket so we can flush those ethics down the toilet.
What Misty said at the very end of the episode was, not gonna lie, rather funny. "Couldn't we have just caught Wailmer in a pokeball?" came out of left field, which in essence why it was funny, but of course that would've made this like a 5 minute episode.
I thought it was a nice touch, and also rather appropriate that the ED titled "Riding on Lapras" was used as the ED theme for this episode, and that was the first time I had EVER listened to that theme, it was pretty cute.

Can someone remind me what background music were used when Lapras saved Ash from the cave and when Ash having farewell with Lapras? I kinda remember it's from game (either city/route) but I forget which.
The music played during the farewell was Slateport City.

GMax Helios

When Misty questioned why they didn't just try to catch the Wailmer to free it I was thinking in my mind "Ash and Goh already tried that with a Marshtomp to no avail".