• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Riding the Winds of Change! (532)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Gliscor & Gligar! Getting Through the Wind Maze!

On their way to Veilstone, Ash & Co. bump into Paul and the gang discover a swarm of Gligar lead by a Glion that appear to be causing some issues in the town after being swept there from the nearby forest. Ash & Paul decide to try and stop them. However, will they get more than they bargained for?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Can't wait to see this. And I really can't believe how the writers decide to give Ash his sixth Pokemon so early, and especially a Gligar, which doesn't fit Ash at all in my opinion.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Well it seems that i was right that Ash might catch the Gligar. Also Turtwig learned Energy Ball without having to evolve.
Here are some episode pics,
[IMG139]http://i25.*******.com/2ij2l36.jpg[/IMG139]
[IMG139]http://i29.*******.com/2guwl6f.jpg[/IMG139]
[IMG139]http://i27.*******.com/2ufccph.jpg[/IMG139]
[IMG139]http://i26.*******.com/mjpit3.jpg[/IMG139]
[IMG139]http://i25.*******.com/e5pf0z.jpg[/IMG139]
[IMG139]http://i28.*******.com/22gxvk.jpg[/IMG139]

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Great. Muku.BIRD is Muku.DOOMED to Muku.ROT in it's Muku.BALL as Muku.GLIGAR steals it's Muku.LIFE right from underneath his Muku.BEAK.

I think this also puts a huge dent in the theory that Ash will never get a Torterra, providing that Shinji KEEPS his Gliscor, since it's more than likely that this Gligar is going to evolve in the distant future.

And while I am quite peeved that the weekly 'ASH WILL CATCH!' crew were apparantly correct this time around, there's a lovely silver lining that will hopefully make such speculation cease. Of course, they could always move on to Brock or Hikari, but don't tell THEM that!

Last edited:

Brain_Damaged Rob

kickin it old school
Great. Muku.BIRD is Muku.DOOMED to Muku.ROT in it's Muku.BALL as Muku.GLIGAR steals it's Muku.LIFE right from underneath his Muku.BEAK.

Dammit. And here I was thinking it was finally Mukus time to shine. I bet he wont even be used in the gym battle now.

HAHA Gravy, I love your comments. And you're so right, with another flying type, and Buizel stealing Muku's spotlight in the gym battle, Mukubird is just soooo shafted.

Anonymous Trainer

<-----Facewall

You forgot to mention that it's Muku.SCREWED :/

But man, Ash and Gligar? The writers really are breaking the rules. Since we're still barely getting to the third gym, I'm wondering if he's going to end up Oaking it.

I don't watch the show that much or post in the anime forums, but I really want to see this episode. When does it air in the US?

I don't watch the show that much or post in the anime forums, but I really want to see this episode. When does it air in the US?

In about four months, maybe more. Depends how long the break will be when they change from season 10 to 11.

MechaBulba

King of the Monsters
Wow. Ash caught Gligar, Turtwig masters Energy Ball, Paul caught Gliscor. Can't wait to watch this episode!:D

Cool, Cool and Cool!

Lots of great stuff seems to happen in this ep. Can't wait to watch it.
I am sure Gligar will Evolve at some point, meaning we may see a Gliscor vs Gliscor, In which Ashs will win as he trainned his the correct way and got his as a gligar.

Turtwig mastering energy ball, screams that he will be used in the gym. I hope this don't mean Turtwig will pull off a bulbasaur "I am just as strong unevolved as I would be evolved", As all it needs to do is evolve once, to not only gain some extra coolness but also become a ground type! (making 2 now 4 Ash on 1 team)

I hope MukuLegand don't get the shaft!
Also What Attacks dose Ashs Gligar know? Any STAB moves?

AcethePuma

FireFist
loool next thing to happen/come up: ash trade gilgar for maylenes lucario... sry couldn´t resist...

well antoher surprise..although i don´t know if i should like it or not....on the one hand a nice pokemon...and again now a pokemon one of his major rivals(morrison i think) has...and shinji ´catching the evolved from... well as i said i don´t know if i like it or not....

ShadowDragon16

I think this also puts a huge dent in the theory that Ash will never get a Torterra, providing that Shinji KEEPS his Gliscor, since it's more than likely that this Gligar is going to evolve in the distant future.

And while I am quite peeved that the weekly 'ASH WILL CATCH!' crew were apparantly correct this time around, there's a lovely silver lining that will hopefully make such speculation cease. Of course, they could always move on to Brock or Hikari, but don't tell THEM that!

We pretty much know Ash won't get a Torterra, due to Paul having one and also the fact Turtwig style of battleing. Being a torterra, Turtwig couldn't move as much as normally does, unless it has rollar skates on.

Also I am quite suprised as well, this starting to seem like Johto, Ash's team gets filled right before the third gym, next thing we know, Ash will Oak a Pokemon and get an egg. As for the "Ash Will Catch" crew, with ash's team full they will become the "Dawn/Brock Will Catch" crew.

Thriller

Its almost time
YES!

The capture of Gligar represents a major quantum leap in what I have expected in the Pokemon captures of Sinnoh. This also scores another one of my victories, proving wrong a theory made by one "Almighty" member of this forum: that Ash will never catch a previous gen Pokemon in the new gen region even if it has a new evolution.

Now I didn't care if he caught Gligar or not, but I am still glad this happened.

Darkstorm16

I like to say all this please, first of all
A. those Muku jokes are now just getting watered down, more watered down than Jessie and Jame's blasting off bit or more repatative than May's winning bit in the old advanced series.
B. I think Gligar suits him perfectly, it basically matches his old Muk that sadly we never got to see, and people said the same thing about Torkoal.
C. Who says Turtwig might not evolve? Snorunt went through the exact deal of trying to learn Ice Beam and finally when he did he evolved. I predict a Turtwig evolution might be coming soon....maybe not for this gym battle but maybe the next.
D. All I can say is that I have a feeling that Ash will beat Paul eventually, this might be actually Ash's time to win.
E. Anything can happen in this saga, I mean we have soo many twists and turns happening it's unbelievable.

Pors

When I first saw that both Ash and Paul had updated Bio's I was certain that there had been an evolution.

Then I read this...

...and my mind is blown. I'd like to say interesting but I really can't, this was not at all something I had expected and I can only wonder and observe.

Thriller

Its almost time
Oh I wish I could see Almighty Zards face when he hears this news.

As for an evolution, I don't see it happening. Gliscor looks too scary for Ash but then again, so did Glalie.