• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Riding the Winds of Change! (532)

ash_forever

Greatest Hero
I happen to disagree. Bayleef was female and Ash raised her into a powerful pokemon. Pretty much the only one in Johto that was really strong. She suited Ash perfectly

I´m afraid I can´t quite agree. Conceivably, Bayleef was female but at the same time she was the one and only example for a female Pokemon in Ash´s whole team which has grown to the remarkable number of about 20-25members by now ! That surely justifies the assumption that Ash´s preferred Pokemon gender is male. Let´s call Bayleef a freak value.

I hate to agree with ash_forever...but yeah. Gligar's crying is comical like Corphish, who was definately a dude. Don't see why people constantly use that to say it's a girl.

@Korobooshi Kojiro: What´s so bad about agreeing with another old and experienced Pokemon veteran :p

oh, yeah, yaoi of Ash an Gligar, now that´s something you don´t see everyday...
Will you please cut out your annoying homo-talk!! ( btw. I always remember Zoey saying to Dawn "Will you please cut that out" after her first defeat in Hearthome City. That utterance was so dominant and determined! Nice ^^)
Such topics are doubtless not intended by the writers! The only counterargument you could object, would be Harley and that guy was just supposed to be presented as a wimp imo.
Moreover, you are spoiling our beloved series with your dirty thoughts!

well, although it wasn´t easy for me to admit that Gligar might be quite entertaining, it´s now time for him(!) to show that he is really worth being trusted in.
Always remember, Gligar, you have come into Ash´s team to beat Paul!! That´s all what counts!
Man, although I consider myself one of the greatest Ash-Fans in the world, sometimes I imagine that there´s also a "little Paul" speaking inside me...

TeddiUrsa

I´m afraid I can´t quite agree. Conceivably, Bayleef was female but at the same time she was the one and only example for a female Pokemon in Ash´s whole team which has grown to the remarkable number of about 20-25members by now ! That surely justifies the assumption that Ash´s preferred Pokemon gender is male. Let´s call Bayleef a freak value.

You forgot about Aipom. It isn´t with Ash anymore but it was his Pokémon for a great amount of episodes and is female.

As for genders in Pokémon. Most female trainers tend to have female pokemon and vice versa. Kinda boring if you ask me, but a specific gender doesn´t have much influence on the pokemon most of the time beside the sexual stereotypes.

@Korobooshi Kojiro: What´s so bad about agreeing with another old and experienced Pokemon veteran :p

your next quote is the answer to your question ;)

Will you please cut out your annoying homo-talk!! ( btw. I always remember Zoey saying to Dawn "Will you please cut that out" after her first defeat in Hearthome City. That utterance was so dominant and determined! Nice ^^)
Such topics are doubtless not intended by the writers! The only counterargument you could object, would be Harley and that guy was just supposed to be presented as a wimp imo.

So, you don´t have any sense of humor in your bones, don´t you?
Of course I know that Ash&Pokémon yaoi isn´t intended by the writers. Even I don´t want to see it. why should I? I think it was crystal clear to everybody that I was joking, but a homophobic person like you wouldn´t know I guess.

Anonymous Trainer

<-----Facewall
Let´s call Bayleef a freak value.

The hell? 0_o;

There were a fair amount of traits it showed pointing to it might being female.

Will you please cut out your annoying homo-talk!! ( btw. I always remember Zoey saying to Dawn "Will you please cut that out" after her first defeat in Hearthome City. That utterance was so dominant and determined!Nice ^^)

It's funny, says the person that was just crapping out nonsense I dare not quote or repeat.

ash_forever

Greatest Hero
your next quote is the answer to your question ;)

that´s just unfounded rubbish, sry...

You forgot about Aipom. It isn´t with Ash anymore but it was his Pokémon for a great amount of episodes and is female.
There´s no evidence at all from which you could infer you assertion!
The fact that Aipom fancied Ash proves nothing!
Pikachu loves Ash more than any other person in the world, but would anybody dare to claim that Pikachu is not male? Definitely, no!

So, you don´t have any sense of humor in your bones, don´t you?
Of course I know that Ash&Pokémon yaoi isn´t intended by the writers. Even I don´t want to see it. why should I? I think it was crystal clear to everybody that I was joking, but a homophobic person like you wouldn´t know I guess.

1. I actually have a sense of humor
2. Where´s the humor in your insulting post above?
You see, there are things in our joyless, material world which both are precious to and mean a lot to some people.
So, I want you to finally realize that people like me consider it highly insulting if self-appointed "fans" like you turn up spoiling our favorite series with such rubbish!

Even I don´t want to see it. why should I?
omg! So, why do you write such nonsense anyways?? Either to express your innermost dirty thoughts or to annoy others...

Last edited:

Dax

Legend
There´s no evidence at all from which you could infer you assertion!
The fact that Aipom fancied Ash proves nothing!
Pikachu loves Ash more than any other person in the world, but would anybody dare to claim that Pikachu is not male? Definitely, no!

Does May calling Aipom a she proves she's a female? I believe it does.

Does Aipom wearing a dress with other female pokemon such as Buneary and Happiny proves she's a female? Yes.

Does Dawn calling Aipom a girl proves she's a female? Obviously.

Sorry but Aipom was female and it was one of Ash's strongest Sinnoh pokemon.

dman_dustin

Does Aipom wearing a dress with other female pokemon such as Buneary and Happiny proves she's a female? Yes.

And before anyone brings up the only counterpoint: "While the term "king" is usually only applied to males, the system shown in that one episode (Aipom and Circumstances) applies to both genders as a woman says that she wanted to be king when the crown is stuck on Aipom's head"

So yeah Aipom is female

HoennMaster

Ash does not have a gender preference. To be honest, Gligar's crying and constant hugging of Ash could easily mean it is female. We don't know, and we will never know its gender because it was too hard to tell Gligar's gender difference in the show, and now it has evolved and Gliscors do not have gender differences.

King Of Steel

I'MA USE AYSE PHANG!

Not just that, but it's been confirmed in both dub and original. Therefore, it's irrefutable evidence.

Ash does not have a gender preference. To be honest, Gligar's crying and constant hugging of Ash could easily mean it is female. We don't know, and we will never know its gender because it was too hard to tell Gligar's gender difference in the show, and now it has evolved and Gliscors do not have gender differences.
Unfortunately, Gligar happens to be one of those Pokémon who lose their gender difference upon evolution (the other I know of is Crobat), so we'll have to live without knowing, or wait for the anime to confirm it.

Dax

Legend
And it's really not relevant to know it either because being female or male doesn't affect the pokemon's strength or the entertainment factor in the anime.

I for one hope they give him a bunch of female pokemon in the near future. I will find very interesting to have Ash with a girly pokemon. And don't anyone say that Ash will never grow interest in catching a girly pokemon because Ash was pretty much the one that wanted Buneary until Dawn decided to put her nose where it didn't belong.

I wanted Ash with Buneary!:mad:

King Of Steel

I'MA USE AYSE PHANG!
Heck, I'm pretty sure Dawn already wanted Buneary, only that she failed to capture one in her first few attempts.

Ash's record of capturing females is rather poor by any rate. Let's say if Gligar/Gliscor did turn out to be female, it'd be only his third in his entire journey thus far. If it did not, his record would stand at a miserable 2/28, which is admittedly worse.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
To be honest, Gligar's crying and constant hugging of Ash could easily mean it is female.

See, this is what I don't really get. When I see a pokémon like Gligar getting frightened and bawling it's eyes out as it retreats to it's trainer or damaging it's claw and presenting it to Ash with a 'I got an owie' act, that doesn't exactly scream 'girly' to me. I see that as more akin to a child running to their parent for protection or something along those lines.

Last edited:

XanderCage

Loose Cannon Cop
See, this is what I don't really get. When I see a pokémon like Gligar getting frightened and bawling it's eyes out as it retreats to it's trainer or damaging it's claw and presenting it to Ash with a 'I got an owie' act, that doesn't exactly scream 'girly' to me. I see that as more akin to a child running to their parent for protection or something along those lines.

That's exactly how I feel when I see the situation. I don't see a certain gender, just a young pokemon retreating for protection just like a young child would.

dman_dustin

It didn't just do that, didn't someone post a picture of it blushing right before it tackled Ash, it wasn't crying and bawling then.

King Of Steel

I'MA USE AYSE PHANG!
Same thing for Muk, then. A female Muk. ._. I mean, it constantly hugs Ash.
Not Ash. Professor Oak. XD

I think I'll agree with Gravy on this one. That sort of behaviour isn't exactly indicative that it's female (like Gravy said, it's a very young Pokémon anyway)...

There can be other reasons for why people think it's female. Stinger size thing failed to be a good argument (because in 81, the stinger was drawn extremely small, but in 85, the size fluctuated), but parallels in affectionate behaviour and how it evolved are definitely better arguments for its gender.

Oh, and dman_dustin? I was the one who posted that picture. XD;

Dax

Legend
Even if Gligar is female or not it's a huge source of entertainment. The biggest source of that in Ash's team.

I just make my own assumptions. I happen to think Staravia is female even if there's nothing to prove it, simply because I like it female:p

Rebeccag

I quite liked this episode the Gligar landing onAsh is pretty funny also when they stole their lunch as well i found that amusing as well
Also Turtwig learned energy ball as well yay ^_^. The third time was on purpose as well lol the other 2 were just accidents.Liked how Turtwig is getting involved in the celebrations along with Pikachu as well