• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Riding the Winds of Change! (532)

Ragnarofl

Binkan Binkan Binkan
So, Paul catches a strong and power-hungry pokemon, while Ash catches a hyper oddball who struggles to catch up with the others and fails.

...They caught the bat version of themselves.

Holy Sh!t!! Ash caught a Gligar?! Oh my sweet God!!
That's six Pokémon BEFORE the third Gym AND it's a Johto Pokémon!!
Wow... That was soooo unexpected for me!! I really can't believe that!
My mind's just slipped into the deep, dark world of confusion once more...

Seviper009

ii kanji
Isn't it right that this is Ash's second Poison Pokemon? Only Muk?

I wanna see it, cause Gligar is one of my favo's and i'm glad Ash catched it.

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
No since Gligar/Gliscor are Ground/Flying.

Wow, this is such a shock! I wonder if is done now or if he'll catch another?

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
I really never saw this coming for Ash. Paul catching Gliscor was pretty obvious, since it was the point of the episode and all. I hope that Gligar evolves eventually, as he'll be crucial against Byron and Volkner. Any fate for Gliar would be strange because of the pure unpredictability of it. I wonder how long Gligar will stay a Gligar for...

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
I think Gravy just killed his own joke. Unless, of course, he was cleverly mimicking the wannabe's that overuse it to no end, like yours truly.

Normally I'm not opposed to captures, but I see many more negatives than positives coming out of this capture. First and foremost, this marks the first moment that Ash has had two flying types on his team at the same time, and now that all focus will likely shift to training Gligar. Everyone's already said what this means for our poor deranged current bird, so I don't have to repeat it. Second, I like a little variety between Ash and his rival's team. They now have TWO Pokemon from the same evolution line on their main teams. Unless the writers really want Gliscor vs. Gliscor in the Sinnoh League, I'm hoping they take the Heracross route by having him Oak this sucker in favor of a different 6th Pokemon.

And you know I just had to get this post in here before Serebii yelled at me for not discussing the actual episode, which I will be doing later today likely.

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
First and foremost, this marks the first moment that Ash has had two flying types on his team at the same time, and now that all focus will likely shift to training Gligar.

No it's not. Ash had Charizard and Pidgeotto at the end of the Indigo League.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Oh I wish I could see Almighty Zards face when he hears this news.

I don't really care in this case cause it can't suck as bad as Staravia's does and plus it's a slap in the face to all who wanted him to get that dumb hippo who needs to be shot with a 12 gauge shotgun so i'll look the other way this once.:p

Sides Gligar is an alright pokemon as well, Morisson's did some massive damage in the hoenn league so why wouldn't it be a good pokemon for Ash to use.

As for an evolution, I don't see it happening. Gliscor looks too scary for Ash but then again, so did Glalie.

Hey scaring people rocks, more power to it to evolve.

Last edited:

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
We pretty much know Ash won't get a Torterra, due to Paul having one
Rubbish. So we’re supposed to assume this new Gligar is just going to stay a Gligar because Shinji has a Gliscor?

Being a torterra, Turtwig couldn't move as much as normally does, unless it has rollar skates on.
Again, you have no idea whether or not it would go down this way. We’ve seen Torkoal jumping hundreds of feet into the air and launching itself from walls, and for a long time people in general expected Sceptile to be more power and less speed. This wasn’t the case, however.
Even if Torterra were slower than Ash’s pokémon…does it honestly matter? I’d have thought giving him something he’s had little experience with would only serve to help develop his skills further.

I think Gravy just killed his own joke. Unless, of course, he was cleverly mimicking the wannabe's that overuse it to no end, like yours truly.
It was more of an intended murder on my part. And quite frankly, you're pretty much one of the only people who have been able to pull it off, so I shall have no talk of Suikun comparing himself to the commoners. Hmph.

shac

even if gligar evolves--i dont see that happening with Paul around. That would be pointless in the way that they already got Paul's gliscor to showcase one--they hardly need to evolve Ash's gligar. besides as serebii says, Ash got a stupid one-so, it would need some serious training before its ready to evolve.
one thing I would like to ask though--- do u people think Gligar is the last pokemon that ash catches this gen??

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Rubbish. So we’re supposed to assume this new Gligar is just going to stay a Gligar because Shinji has a Gliscor?

Considering Paul might not even keep his i'm doubtful of that, heck i'm doubtful either way since they wouldn't had given it to him if it wasn't going to at some point.

As for Turtwig though it's chances of becoming Torterra have been lowered even more, though it not like most expected it to become one anyway.

IMPERIAL DRAGON

Enemy Of Reality
Considering that its potential move set could include the elemental fangs, poison jab, swords dance, slash, night slash and x-scissor, I wouldn't worry about Turtwig or the magic Muku getting the shaft, because aside from sharing the same types, the simularities are few in number. Its sorta like how people don't quite realise how different Infernape and Lucario could be due to the different battling styles.

I'm seriously happy about this capture. It's completely random and as others have said, its broken all patterns completely, so there really isn't much to complain about... filling the 6th space so soon does kinda imply another one or two captures before the league, though.

^Gotta agree that I'm also happy about this capture. It's just so surprising, and it would honestly be a little bit boring if he got a Riolu or Lucario instead.

Also, Gligar is so cool! Just rewatched From Brags To Riches! Morrison's Gligar ruled that battle.

uber gon

Accept Change
Oh I wish I could see Almighty Zards face when he hears this news.

As for an evolution, I don't see it happening. Gliscor looks too scary for Ash but then again, so did Glalie.

Also, judging from the pictures it looked like Gligar was ABNORMALLY large compared to the normal size. So IF Gligar evolves, Ash will have a Glalie sized Gliscor.:D

Meh, maybe Staravia will evolve eventually along with Gligar and then we'll have Ash deal with something similar to Charizard and Tracey's Scyther.:D

Last edited:

niedude

Don't forget to grin
I had to discust this episode, since (no offence to anyone intended) this episode clearly discusted me....

Great. Muku.BIRD is Muku.DOOMED to Muku.ROT in it's Muku.BALL as Muku.GLIGAR steals it's Muku.LIFE right from underneath his Muku.BEAK.

Damn right! The writters have, once again, disappoint me :(

I think this also puts a huge dent in the theory that Ash will never get a Torterra, providing that Shinji KEEPS his Gliscor, since it's more than likely that this Gligar is going to evolve in the distant future.

And while I am quite peeved that the weekly 'ASH WILL CATCH!' crew were apparantly correct this time around, there's a lovely silver lining that will hopefully make such speculation cease. Of course, they could always move on to Brock or Hikari, but don't tell THEM that!

Well, out of all those tries theid eventually get one right....

This opens up a serious question, who's gonna pop the balloons now?

ZOMG UR RIGHT!!!

Don't tell me Staravia will lose even that pityful place....

loool next thing to happen/come up: ash trade gilgar for maylenes lucario... sry couldn´t resist...

well antoher surprise..although i don´t know if i should like it or not....on the one hand a nice pokemon...and again now a pokemon one of his major rivals(morrison i think) has...and shinji ´catching the evolved from... well as i said i don´t know if i like it or not....

That'd be awesome! But impossible.....

Isn't it right that this is Ash's second Poison Pokemon? Only Muk?

I wanna see it, cause Gligar is one of my favo's and i'm glad Ash catched it.

Gligar is not poyson, and bulbasaur is going to sue you with the lawiers he hired using the embassadors budget.

even if gligar evolves--i dont see that happening with Paul around. That would be pointless in the way that they already got Paul's gliscor to showcase one--they hardly need to evolve Ash's gligar. besides as serebii says, Ash got a stupid one-so, it would need some serious training before its ready to evolve.
one thing I would like to ask though--- do u people think Gligar is the last pokemon that ash catches this gen??

Not by a long shot, I am praying good ol oak needs some fligh attender... and then it is BYE BYE GLIGAR =D

Nothing personnal gligar, you are cute.... but you belong with Dawn, or maybe Brock. NOT with ash =D

Dawn gets riolou, and trades gligar with it?

OMG I'M GETTING PARANOID!

save me....*gets in dark corner*

Jonouchi

Chibi-cario
So IF Gligar evolves, Ahd will have a Glalie sized Gliscor.:D

Gliscor's actually bigger than Glalie. About three feet bigger

Doma

Reckoner.

Staravia, Buizel, Turtwig, Chimchar and probably Gligar. This may be the best team that Ash had since his Johto days.

uber gon

Accept Change