• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Riding the Winds of Change! (532)

Celebitwo

Celebi Clone
That suprised me, when I heard Paul was in the episode I thought he would end up capturing Gliscor, but Ash Captured Gligar. I definetly didnt see that coming

Cobalt_Latios

Wow, just checked the character Bios on the main site. Ash getting a Johto Poke? Well, that does it, at this point any Pokémon is fair game. Heck, now he has a full team. I gotta say, this is by far the most surprising event. Two captures in one episode.

When the fans persist in saying that someone captures a Pokémon, it can happen, even at the most ironic of times. And to think, the Gligar were actually causing problems. So capturing Gliscor was partially a good thing.

Wow, he has a full time before the 3rd gym. Who knows, he might be oaking quite a few Pokémon this season at this rate. And talk about unpredictable. Haha!!

I am definitely gonna be enjoying this season.

~C_L~

uber gon

Accept Change
Wow, just checked the character Bios on the main site. Ash getting a Johto Poke? Well, that does it, at this point any Pokémon is fair game. Heck, now he has a full team. I gotta say, this is by far the most surprising event. Two captures in one episode.

When the fans persist in saying that someone captures a Pokémon, it can happen, even at the most ironic of times. And to think, the Gligar were actually causing problems. So capturing Gliscor was partially a good thing.

Wow, he has a full time before the 3rd gym. Who knows, he might be oaking quite a few Pokémon this season at this rate. And talk about unpredictable. Haha!!

I am definitely gonna be enjoying this season.

~C_L~

Plus, he'll have something against Volkner, the 4th Hokage rip-off.

Doma

Reckoner.

Gligar, like Buizel will be a big member to the team against Maylene and Volkner. Speaking of....
Wait! The difference between Volkner and Yodaime. They must be distant twins lol
But then, I must be blind. I've never noticed.

uber gon

Accept Change

Gligar, like Buizel will be a big member to the team against Maylene and Volkner. Speaking of....

Wait! The difference between Volkner and Yodaime. They must be distant twins lol
But then, I must be blind. I've never noticed.

Who knows, judging from his profile Gligar isn't very good at flying, but maybe by Volkner he'll be the Swellow of the Sinnoh team, whereas Staraptor will be the Sceptile of Ash's Flying types.:D

Doma

Reckoner.

You got a point there.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
I'll admit, I love Gligar, and I'm happy.

I honestly would be completely satisfied if his team was this for the rest of Sinnoh (with evolution, naturally), but I'll say I don't think an Oaking in the near future is impossible.

But still, Gligar.

niedude

Don't forget to grin
OMG I never noticed the similarities!

I hope Naruto does not make a cameo in pokemon.... As much of a fan of both I am, Naruto's believe it will quickly rub off on Ash, I can even imagine turtwig beating torterra after ash yelling "You can do it, BELIEEEEEVE IIIIIIT!!!!!!!!"

Who knows, judging from his profile Gligar isn't very good at flying, but maybe by Volkner he'll be the Swellow of the Sinnoh team, whereas Staraptor will be the Sceptile of Ash's Flying types.:D

I think it will be the other way around

Jonouchi

Chibi-cario
I hope Naruto does not make a cameo in pokemon.... As much of a fan of both I am, Naruto's believe it will quickly rub off on Ash, I can even imagine turtwig beating torterra after ash yelling "You can do it, BELIEEEEEVE IIIIIIT!!!!!!!!"

Which he hasn't said (Excluding flashbacks) for four or five seasons. It was dropped very quickly.

Gligar is so freaking adorable! ^o^

Dax

Legend
Oh well, here goes the life of my favorite pokemon of Ash, Staravia. I like Gligar but then again, Staravia will never get redemption.

I prefer to see Staravia oaked than see it doing nothing all the season.

This doesn't mean I like Gligar, I think it's mad cool.

Jonouchi

Chibi-cario
Oh well, here goes the life of my favorite pokemon of Ash, Staravia. I like Gligar but then again, Staravia will never get redemption.

I prefer to see Staravia oaked than see it doing nothing all the season.

This doesn't mean I like Gligar, I think it's mad cool.

Not really.

Gligar doesn't really know any Flying attacks naturally, so I doubt it'll be a replacement for Staravia.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Gligar doesn't really know any Flying attacks naturally, so I doubt it'll be a replacement for Staravia.

You never know though, the anime has been known to give people pokemon with attacks they don't learn on thier own(Aipom with Focus Punch for example) so gligar could very well have all of staravia's moves.

I just want someone to be Guillotined at some point, that move rocks.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
I don't think it really matters if it has any flying attacks of not. As long as it can barge into stuff and actually fly, then it's already doing pretty much everything Muku is capable of.

Dax

Legend
You never know though, the anime has been known to give people pokemon with attacks they don't learn on thier own(Aipom with Focus Punch for example) so gligar could very well have all of staravia's moves.

That's an exaggeration.

It will not have all of Staravia's move and it can't learn any of them by TM, only Aerial Ace and Quick Attack it's a basic attack. I don't know why all of them have it.-_-
I don't think it really matters if it has any flying attacks of not. As long as it can barge into stuff and actually fly, then it's already doing pretty much everything Muku is capable of.

It will do something more than Staravia, be used in battles.

Thriller

Its almost time
I mean, wow, only 2 badges and he has a full team already. Lets look back shall we?

Kanto: Well, he never really had a full team of six after Primeape left. When he took out Krabby for the league it filled in that void. So he got a full team of 6 after he got all 8 Kanto badges.

Johto: His Phanpy egg hatched, giving him his full team shortly before battling for his 7th Johto Badge.

Hoenn: Captured Snorunt some time after winning his 7th Hoenn Badge.

Sinnoh: Captured Gligar just a few episodes before (supposedly) winning his 3rd badge.

Its a new record and it looks like its gonna be hard to break. You know, theres gonna be lots more time & space for even more captures! I just hope this isn't the return of Ash releasing his Pokemon (thinks of Butterfree, released after filling up his team).

Kataphrut

Gligar! Now that's a turn up for the books. Still, Gligar's pretty good and a Poison type that doesn't ooze over people is a decent commodity for the team. And if this Gligar can't fly, Staravia won't get "Muku-SCREWED" just yet.

(and by the by, Gligar's not even a Flying type)

Thriller

Its almost time
Gligar is not a poison type

You know, I've pretty much stopped watching the anime but this time, I really want to see it!