• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Riding the Winds of Change! (532)

RageKaiser

Chespin :D
(and by the by, Gligar's not even a Flying type)

Looks like someone doesn't know his Pokemon o_o;

Ontopic: I loved this episode. Best part of the whole thing was Paul getting hit by Weavile and Electabuzz when Gliscor struck them.

Still no Ambipom in the opening...So hopefully we'll be getting a new one of those soon...

Also, The music in this episode really was great, I loved most of the tracks they used.

Last edited:

dman_dustin

I thought it was funny that Dawn didn't have an expression on her face when Ash caught Gligar, she just stood there like a statue.

I liked how right at the end as the camera is zooming out Pidgeot stood there, in it's glory (like it had an important role in the episode, except for using Gust? Whirlwind?)

Ash's expression when he learned Gligar wanted to tag along was also cool, that's what made me like the capture of Gligar.

Dax

Legend
Gligar! Now that's a turn up for the books. Still, Gligar's pretty good and a Poison type that doesn't ooze over people is a decent commodity for the team. And if this Gligar can't fly, Staravia won't get "Muku-SCREWED" just yet.

(and by the by, Gligar's not even a Flying type)

Uh... yes it is.

It's not Poison and it is Flying so both of them are wrong.:)

uber gon

Accept Change
OMG I never noticed the similarities!

I hope Naruto does not make a cameo in pokemon.... As much of a fan of both I am, Naruto's believe it will quickly rub off on Ash, I can even imagine turtwig beating torterra after ash yelling "You can do it, BELIEEEEEVE IIIIIIT!!!!!!!!"

I think it will be the other way around

Meh, I'm going by experience, Ash did catch Staravia first.

Poke'T<3

ASH FAN GIRL!!!!!<3
Man Paul goes and gets the gliscor. I personally hope gligar doesnt evolve its attitude fits ash perfectly. Im sure we will get an oaked pokemon though. I really hope we do because i want him to get that Riolu egg! They filled up ash's team so fast... But i really wanted Staravia to have its OVERDUE glory moments.

Last edited:

Shiny Linoone

Coming and going
Interesting episode. Gligar is not a pokemon I expected to be captured by Ash. Brock, maybe, but not Ash.

E4 Edo

Yea Gligar is not Ash's type

Shift

I'll learn you good!
Anyway, Gligar, huh? Never would have seen that coming (which is why I gave up on trying to predict anything this saga a while ago).

But man, so much for Staravia... Wait, that's a prediction! NOOOOO!!!

Saw the images, so cute. Ash catpuring Gligar is unexpected but I like it now ^^

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
I didn't expected that Paul will catch the leader Gliscor...Of course it is powerful, it is the leader. I thought that Gligar will fit better on Team Rocket than Ash...We will see how powerful and strange it is...One day, all of Paul's Pokemon will ran away, but when...
Anyway, one day Jessie will catch one, maybe after Giovanni fires them.
Maybe, Ash's Gligar will have to face it's leader and beat it.

Kazuki Mirai

I thought it was funny that Dawn didn't have an expression on her face when Ash caught Gligar, she just stood there like a statue.
Isn't that always character's expression whenever something happens? XD

Huh. Ash catches a Gligar. And Paul captures a Gliscor.

Matt Silver

Rest My Chemistry
Wow...

To me, Gligar is the last Pokemon I'd expect on Ash's team. Who in their right mind would ever predict it? Wow! When's someone else going to get a capture (Jessie?)?

Corzola

Gible´s biggest fan!
Omg that was suprising. Ash cathing a Gligar was great, and I loved how the Gligar always was left behind all happy and then realised it was alone and went crazy and followed. Paul catching the evo was cool but less expected. We all know that he is after powerful Pokemons and the Gliscar seems to be just that.

The ep in itself was great, funny to see Brock and 1 Joy and 1 Jenny. The parts when the Gligars and the Gliscars was cool and funny. Turtwig learned Energy Ball which was great, and bound to happend in due time after the recent eps with traing and all.

8/10 p.

Last edited:

MechaBulba

King of the Monsters
I think Gravy just killed his own joke. Unless, of course, he was cleverly mimicking the wannabe's that overuse it to no end, like yours truly.

Normally I'm not opposed to captures, but I see many more negatives than positives coming out of this capture. First and foremost, this marks the first moment that Ash has had two flying types on his team at the same time, and now that all focus will likely shift to training Gligar. Everyone's already said what this means for our poor deranged current bird, so I don't have to repeat it. Second, I like a little variety between Ash and his rival's team. They now have TWO Pokemon from the same evolution line on their main teams. Unless the writers really want Gliscor vs. Gliscor in the Sinnoh League, I'm hoping they take the Heracross route by having him Oak this sucker in favor of a different 6th Pokemon.

And you know I just had to get this post in here before Serebii yelled at me for not discussing the actual episode, which I will be doing later today likely.

ERM NO! Ash had both Pigeotto and Charizard togther for Kanto. Ash also had Butterfree and Pigeotto at the same time, at the very start of the series.
Also Did he not have Noctowl and Charizard at the same time for a short while?

Anyways with such a long series ahead and alreday a team of 6 and 1 evo, I am sure we will be seeing Atrleast 1 new Oaked capture and nearly all his pokes Evolved by the league!