• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Riding the Winds of Change! (532)

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Where I can see it(episode)? I wish I could, it sounds great. After thinking a bit, that Gligar fits Ash good. Any Gligar will fit Jessie good. Maybe Brock should capture one. It is Ground(he has some ground types), it is like a cross between scorpion(remembering Forretres, yes, scorpions are not bugs but they are in the same samily, don't they?) and bat(remembering his old Crobat). I wonder when we see Ash training Gligar, I think it would be very funny with that Gligar.

niedude

Don't forget to grin
Where I can see it(episode)? I wish I could, it sounds great. After thinking a bit, that Gligar fits Ash good. Any Gligar will fit Jessie good. Maybe Brock should capture one. It is Ground(he has some ground types), it is like a cross between scorpion(remembering Forretres, yes, scorpions are not bugs but they are in the same samily, don't they?) and bat(remembering his old Crobat). I wonder when we see Ash training Gligar, I think it would be very funny with that Gligar.

Don't think a scorpion and a pine are related o_O... but I would like to see the episode!

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Glad to see Turtwig mastered Energy ball finally, and i'm curious about something, and Ash's gligar rules, hopefully it will become a Gliscor someday and Guillotine it's enemies.

To anyone who's good at understanding japanese I have a question, did Paul say Gliscor was useless after he caught it cause some people at the site where I saw the video (i ain't saying where) are saying he said that and I trust this forum more than that site.

After all if he did say that...then Gliscor might not be sticking around.

Last edited:

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
Maybe the fact Ash caught Gligar will lead to various fanart of Ash as Gligarman. That would make me happy.

Yeah the episode has finally been hosted, getting it right now. But since I'm evil, I won't say where !

Review coming soon.! :p

Jonessodaco.Chris

Is Back Finally!
^^^ i don't think anybody saw that one coming... but i hope Gligar is awesome lol

Dax

Legend
I love the tongue, I love the wink and I love the voice so Gligar gets a big, fat yes from me.

Hopefully it will not have the fate most of Ash's flying type got.

Geodude

For everyone talking about how Gligar gives Ash two Flying types, it's not really the same. Gligar can't be used in the same kinds of ways as Staravia can. It can't fly absolutely anywhere because it can only ride the wind, just like the Hoppip line.

Dax

Legend
And it's weak to water and resistant to electricity which is something that makes it completely different than the bird.

ShadowDragon16

Gligar and Staravia, though they maybe flying types, Gligar can't technically fly, just glide (hense the name). Also The episodes are up on Youtube, just find it, I can't provide links due to serebii's almighty rules.

uber gon

Accept Change
And it's weak to water and resistant to electricity which is something that makes it completely different than the bird.

This'll make Gligar good against Volkner.

uber gon

Accept Change

ShadowDragon16

Did Paul makes any nasty remarks to Ash & Co throughout the ep?
I have to say yes, his usual "I'm here to capture a pokemon so mind your own business and go away" kind of attitude. I want to see a double battle between Torterra and Gliscor vs Turtwig and Gligar

Geodude

To anyone who's good at understanding japanese I have a question, did Paul say Gliscor was useless after he caught it cause some people at the site where I saw the video (i ain't saying where) are saying he said that and I trust this forum more than that site.

Exactly the opposite.
Dogasu on Bulbagarden said:
He was saying that it looks like Glion can be useful after all. That's why he decides to keep it rather than release it right away.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
-The best part of the episode had to be watching Shinji suffer some actual physical damage as he was hurled to the ground by the backlash of Gliscor’s X-Scissor. I’m sure having an Electabuzz and Weavile hit you with such force wouldn’t leave you feeling too peachy. Like him, love him, loathe him, it doesn’t matter; there’s a huge sense of satisfaction watching the guy take an unexpected beating like that, and I was grinning from ear to ear.

-I also thought it was great how they've started to really dig in to how ruthless this guy can be when he’s out to get his own way. Using two pokémon to take down and capture that Gliscor when it had it's guard down was downright nasty, and the fact that he didn't give a crap about the sudden onset of confusion to befall the Gligar now that they were left stranded without their leader only added to that. Lovely stuff.

-Ash's Gligar is easily the best pokémon on his team now, at least in terms of personality. The quirky characters are usually the ones that are able to pull off some really entertaining TV, and I have no doubt that Gligar is going to deliver in the future. Clumsy, a little slow and a bit of a show boater, all in one neat little package. He clearly isn't one to take any crap either, if his (unfortunately) failed attempt on Shinji was anything to go by. I'm expecting a lot from this guy.