• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Riding the Winds of Change! (532)

STICKTOPIA

I wonder, is the thing Brock said about skyscraper currents true? It seems like it would be possible, but I'm not entirely sure.
Man, that Gligar should be cited for flying while intoxicated.
ROFLMAO is that even possible? Well now that I think about it yes it is but not in a pokemon's case.

supernoob

Derpy and awesome!
gligar/scor

when i finaly realised it wasent a dream that he caught gligar,i didnt want it

to evelove(i love little gligy!)but **** happens.but i cant forgive ash for giving

it away to that stupid scizor trainer ):( .

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
An odd episode, it started out ok with Ash and Turtwig practicing Energy Ball and then being interupted by a swarm of Gligar. I found it funny that they tried to steal food, how often does that happen?

Seeing Paul again was refreshing, even more so because he appeared with his trusty Murkrow. The overal plan to lead them away from the city though, was a bit confusing to me. I would've thought they could handle this situation using other methods like steel nets instead of luring them with food.

Anyway, it was a shock to see Ash catch his sixth Pokemon so early in DP. He didn't catch his 6th Hoenn Pokemon until AFTER his seventh badge. How things change, 6/10

JohnLee

An odd episode, it started out ok with Ash and Turtwig practicing Energy Ball and then being interupted by a swarm of Gligar. I found it funny that they tried to steal food, how often does that happen?

Seeing Paul again was refreshing, even more so because he appeared with his trusty Murkrow. The overal plan to lead them away from the city though, was a bit confusing to me. I would've thought they could handle this situation using other methods like steel nets instead of luring them with food.

Anyway, it was a shock to see Ash catch his sixth Pokemon so early in DP. He didn't catch his 6th Hoenn Pokemon until AFTER his seventh badge. How things change, 6/10

Try all the time. Pokemon always steal food!
I don't understand your post. First you praise the food and then you bash it about how it was confusing luring them by it. The steal food all the time (that's why the town's people were so angry), so why not lure them with it?!

KGB13

Man of Mystery
This was an OK episode. I always thought Gligar was a weird pokemon for Ash to have but I like the flying gag between it and Ash, it's pretty funny.

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
Not a bad episode, it was nice for Ash to catch his sixth Pokemon, even if I would have given him a different one. Of course Pokemon always steal food, they must really love it.

Why is it Ash always goes "Whoa, it's Paul!" Always with the whoa everytime he sees Ash. Anyways it was nice for him to catch Gliscor, you could tell Ash and co didn't like the idea though but he caught it fair and square, they can't really tell anyone how to catch a Pokemon (Much like Jessie when she caught Yanma)

wind21

I really want to have fun with this review and just have a laugh at myself. See, I had this review in mind back when I was doing the Tag Battle tournament reviews; I was going to use this review as another example of the writers having to make an adjustment to the story. Just based on this episode alone, Paul's capture of Gliscor and Ash's capture of Gligar looks to be something that might push their rivalry further. But that honestly never happens. Now the reason why the writers never took this further, I believed for a long time, is b/c one of Paul's other pokemon turned out to be much, much stronger than anticipated. There just wasn't any room for Paul's Gliscor on his team, or so I thought. But a few days ago, Paul's team to be used against Ash in the Sinnoh League was revealed, and goodness it's a surprise. So the pt I was going to make with this review has been totally struck down, and only good fortune has kept me from looking like a total idiot. That's life, I suppose. Well, on to the review.

This episode breaks away from Dawn's confidence problems, so it sort of feels out of place. I also think Paul's appearance here is one of his weakest ones, since many of the things he does here are pretty stereotypical for him; Paul catches Gliscor and then leaves w/o caring about what the other Gligar might do to the town if they can't return to the forest. As Ash says, "Just like Paul." The writers have Paul in this episode to simply act like a jerk and nothing more, with the reasoning being we expect him to act like a jerk. So, really, Paul isn't needed in this episode at all, though I did laugh at seeing Paul and his pokemon get knocked down while trying to catch Gliscor, since he tends to avoid comedic moments like that. Something else out of character for him, I think, is his lack of respect for Ash, considering what happened at the Tag Battle Tournament. That, plus no attention on what Dawn has been going through recently (which maybe is the pt of this episode, to give a relief?) really makes me think this episode would have been more enjoyable and made more sense if it happened before the Tag Battle Tournament episodes.

Gligar is my favorite of Ash's Sinnoh captures. It's a harmless show-off, a scared teary-eyed pokemon at heart, yet sincere in how it likes Ash. I think the way Ash trains Gligar in future episodes is the most entertaining training Ash does in Sinnoh.

Gosh, this episode is so action-packed that there is not that much to say. Turtwig masters Energy Ball in this episode (with Ash showing a great deal of faith in it to use it at the time he did; although he was not totally reckless, he did try to use Pikachu's thunderbolt first on Team Rocket's balloon and only resorted to Turtwig's energy ball when he had no other option). I think this episode may also be the start of the time where Piplup stays out its pokeball, just like Pikachu does.

Last edited:

Lance The Champ

The Aura Guardian
When Paul sets his eyes on a pokemon he will capture it no doubt....Although Ash and friends were the reason Paul couldn't catch a fearow in one of the episodes "A-Maze-ing race" in diamond and pearl

G50

No longer posting
This episode was ok... It was cool to see Gliscor for the 1st time. Interesting how Paul caught the leader Gliscor, and then later on Ash caught a Gligar. Ash's Gligar is so cute! It loves to land on top of Ash, and of course, let its tail hang out. Strange how Paul used Electabuzz's Electric attack to take down the Gligar and Gliscor, when it's not even possible... It was great to see Turtwig finally able to use Energy Ball correctly.

61/100

Of course, Ashe catches the Gligar that's just a few fries shy of a happy meal.

JudySpell

Banned
I wish Ash had caught the boss Gliscor instead of the cowardly Gligar but it was good to see Paul again. This was a decent filler. 6/10

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I liked seeing Paul again, especially when he used Weavile to freeze the Gligars and it was cool how he caught the Gliscor. Ash winding up getting the crying Gligar from the same group was cute as well. :]

Gligar was kawaii, so I'm glad Ash caught it instead of Gliscor. Paul's team seemed so strong already, so I didn't think he needed it either.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
The best part of the episode had to be watching Paul suffer physical damage as he was hurled to the ground by the backlash of X-Scissor. I’m sure having an Electabuzz and Weavile hit you with such force wouldn’t leave you feeling too good.~

ZilverLox

Banned
Whoa we got to see Paul again and this time he was using his Weavile. I thought the Gligar gang and their boss Gliscor were pests, but Ash's new Gligar managed to be funny and adorable. I wonder why in the end Paul caught Gliscor. He didn't seem to need it.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I feel bad for all of those Gligar. Having their leader be caught like that is awful lol.

Pretty good episode overall! Ash caught a Gligar while Turtwig got a good hit with Energy Ball. I also liked how Paul got knocked down when Gliscor pushed Electabuzz and Weavile onto him. And we got to see his Murkrow too!

Leonhart

Imagineer
I liked seeing the feeding frenzy when the swarm of Gligar stole food from Satoshi's group, and Junsa's explanation of Gligar's and Glion's echolocation ability was intriguing, too. Shinji showing up was unexpected, and him capturing Glion was a mild surprise since he had a Flying-type already. Satoshi did too of course, yet Gligar suited his team quite well regardless.

Alloutℯ

Banned
Ash gets a new Pokemon which happens to be one who he befriends. Looks like the writers are going with the textbook underdog story more this saga with Ash's team.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ash gets a new Pokemon which happens to be one who he befriends. Looks like the writers are going with the textbook underdog story more this saga with Ash's team.

I did notice that many of Satoshi's Shinou Pokemon had issues that made them seem like undesirables, and his new Gligar here was one of the most extreme cases given its cowardice and crying tendencies.