• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Riding the Winds of Change! (532)

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Anyone else notice how they messed up in the dub? When the Gligar are flying away near the end, they have Swellow's cry...

CyroEmerald_Z

Cyro Trainer
Ash's Gligar is so cute. Pretty good episode, but now he has two flying pokemon... poor staravia.

.::Cyro::.

ash_forever

Greatest Hero
Does May calling Aipom a she proves she's a female? I believe it does.
If you refer to the upcoming Wallace Cup episode:
sry, as I try to avoid spoilers I can only be acquainted with and discuss about facts that have become public in the US-DUB episodes so far.

If you refer to the former Battle Frontier episode:
That would really be weird, because our heroes and also other characters are used to calling Pokemon "it" in order to be neutral, for example "It (=Turtwig) is using Razor Leaf " (not "he"). That´s what I´ve heard so far most of the time

Does Aipom wearing a dress with other female pokemon such as Buneary and Happiny proves she's a female? Yes.
No ;) because:
Does Turtwig and above all Pikachu wearing the same womanlike dresses prove that they are female? No.
And finally, there´s Ash wearing a dress, too. ^^

I´m quite sure that this scene isn´t appropriate to infer genders from it. It was just meant to be entertaining and exhilarating (and, man, it indeed was hilarious!)

To pick up another controverse discussion:
I hope you´ve realized that with Gligar having finally envolved, chances are extremely low that we will see another evolution in Ash´s team within the next at least 20 (25)-30 episodes, because there has always been a considerable period of time between such events so far.
No Grotle, no Monferno, no Staraptor, no Floatzel...well, that´s a bitter aftertaste which Ash´s new Pokemon left behind. :S

I´m convinced that the question about his gender won´t be solved, so let´s rather focus on this real problem.

Last edited:

dman_dustin

sry, as I try to avoid spoilers I can only be acquainted with and discuss about facts that have become public in the US-DUB episodes so far.

If you refer to the former Battle Frontier episode:
That would really be weird, because our heroes and also other characters are used to calling Pokemon "it" in order to be neutral, for example "It (=Turtwig) is using Razor Leaf " (not "he"). That´s what I´ve heard so far most of the time
One of the episodes (THE DUB) "Steamboat Willies"

Dawn: Aren't you girls so cute *Talking about Buneary and Aipom*

No ;) because:
Does Turtwig and above all Pikachu wearing the same womanlike dresses prove that they are female? No.
And finally, there´s Ash wearing a dress, too. ^^

I´m quite sure that this scene isn´t appropriate to infer genders from it. It was just meant to be entertaining and exhilarating (and, man, it indeed was hilarious!)
Buneary and Aipom and Happiny *Who is 100% female* chose to wear the dresses. Pikachu, Turtwig, and Ash had no other choice, even in the dub it was either Spring or Summer that said "I'm sorry we don't have anything else." And unlike Buneary and Aipom Turtwig and Pikachu looked embarrassed to be wearing a girl's dress.

I honestly don't know why people "must" argue whether Ash has male or female Pokemon and must always assume they are of one particular gender, or why they are so adamant that it can't be of the other gender.

Dax

Legend

No, it was in the episode after Aipom's capture. Aipom is confirmed to be female. There's no way for you to deny it, no simple way.

Yes it is simply because Aipom was accompanied by the only pokemon confirmed to be females and also Dawn called Aipom a girl. I can't even believe I have to repeat this.>_>
I´m convinced that the question about his gender won´t be solved, so let´s rather focus on this real problem.

Oh believe me, it was solved way before but you just refuse to admit something that is obvious.

And I'm finished discussing this, there's no point. I rather watch the episode again and watch Gligar be scared of Buizel. I love that part!:D

Genome

pro-SHARK WEEK
For sure not your run-of-the-mill episode, villian pokemon, capture pokemon, Paul jerking around here and there.

The Gliscor is a bloodsucker! Look at those eyes, one of the few pokemon without human eyes. Get a dracula theme rolling or something, it's so deliciously evil.

This problem has a pretty deep explanation, closest thing to an intricate plot in a while. Still doesn't explain how one Gliscor and his crew made an entire urban sprawl vanish.

All that crashing and skyscraper gliding made that Gligar go insane powerful.

Team Rocket could have probably solved the episode's problems.

That stupid sexy Gligar.

I'm glad that Gliscor sent Eletabuzz and Weavile flying on top of Paul. That'll teach him that 2 v 1 is nobody's game. Then again he'll probably just get back up.

I lol'd at the Pidgeot and Spearow with Swellow's cry. That was a new hybrid Swellow cry too, not like Ash's or Winona's.

8/10 Well Gligar just became my favorite member of the D/P team.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I can't watch this episode without thinking of the season three episode "The Superhero Secret" (one of my all-time favorites). I guess Ash really could be Gligarman now, couldn't he? :D It's funny that the Johto years had a couple of episodes predicting future events, like the Gligarman episode and "Wings 'n Things" (Jessie celebrating Ash-style that she "caught" a yanma).

I also liked the recurring gag for this episode of Gligar running into Ash. :)

lunarshadow

Hadou Aprentice
I think the writers really wanted to give Ash a new change of pace with Gligar. After all, she is a girl for one thing (Ash doesn't have that many girls), and she's really a clown on the team. I think Ash really gets a kick from her every time.

Torpoleon

I am happy that Ash has another Pokemon but I think they rushed it. Ash shouldn't hve 6Pokemon now. At that time, he only had 2 badges!

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Good episode.
Reminded me the Tailow episode. and little the Squirtle squad episode, because Ash's Squirtle was the leader too.

milenadrg

I really liked episode, it was really cool and interesting. The only thing I didn't liked about it is that stupid crybaby Gligar who joined Ash's team...
It was nice seing Paul again, but Ash was right: catpuring their leader, Gliscor was kinda cruel... :eek:

Shadow XD001

This episode was great. Of course Paul catches the strongest of them. Gligar is pretty cool and now, as a Gliscor, it can control its flying and still does the thing with its tongue.

STICKTOPIA

When I saw that serebii added a change to Ash's character bio, I was like "I wonder which pokemon evolved" b/c I wasn't expecting Ash to catch a new pokemon before his 3rd badge. I was completely shocked and happy at the same time when I saw it was a gligar. I did not see it happening.