• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Right On, Rhydon! (206)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Right On, Rhydon!

In the early morning while camping out, Ash & Co. see a spectacular sight...a Surfing Rhydon. They meet up with a trainer who has been following it and wants to capture it. Can Ash & Co. help her catch it?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I have fond memories of this episode, since they ran it the Saturday before they ran Wobbuffet's first episodes during the Road to Indigo in 2002. I liked when Team Rocket discovered he fell into their trap especially, and the Wobbuffet boat. :) I also liked Team Rocket saying the motto with their mouths full. LOL

I know my opinion of this episode was slanted a bit after someone commented once that rhydon shouldn't have been captured when it obviously had no desire to be captured. I can definitely agree with that. I am glad that the tunnel was finally drilled, but it makes me wonder what happened next, if he could ever visit his favorite apple trees again.

Otherwise, this episode was okay.

Charizard86

Charizard Champion
At least this episode had something to do with the games, namely the surfing Rydon in one of the buildings in Ecruteak city. I agree that the Rydon shouldn't have been captured & should have just offered to help so that it could return to the wild afterwards. After the tunnel was finished it was probably left in it's pokeball to rot, never to swim again.

Ohhhhh, a surfing Rhydon, now thats cool, when in the first season, a Rhyhorn sank in water

Battra

I like it when they show Pokemon doing stuff out of their element, it usually makes the episode very enjoyable, also the Rhydon looked animated very well.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Wow, cool!
Rhydon that can swim in a water!
But it's odd how he lost to a little Marill.
It was strange how a little water that fell in the cave, frightened Onix.

Hibachi

Grass Pokemon Expert
I am glad that we were able to see a surfing Rhydon. In the video games, Rhydon is able to learn HM03 Surf. I felt bad that Rhydon had to be captured though. I was hoping that Rhydon would volunteer to help drill the tunnel after they rescued him from Team Rocket. I liked the part when Jessie mentions that she wishes she could just trade for the Rhydon while she glances at Wobbufet. Poor Jessie didn't get a good trade, but I enjoy Wobbufet. Especially when it is eating the apples and when it fell into the trap.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Rhydon was so strong, but Maril has defeated it. Brock's Onix was afraid of some water, it was funny how it was escaped from there....

I really did like this episode
A surfing Rhydon WTF?
That was cool I wish they had one of those in games. And this episode was very good and funny I rate this 8/10

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Not everyday you see a Surfing Pokemon that shouldn't be on the water (much like that Surfing Pikachu in Kanto).

I found that I loved it. The little odd addition was great. I loved that Marill with Iron Tail, wish the COTD had taught it to Ash's Pikachu but that would never happen in Johto of course.

I suppose the Rhydon in Enju City inspired this episode, 8/10

latios reborn

Yeah I liked it how Marill grabbed its tail and swung it

G50

No longer posting
This episode was ok... It was cool seeing an unusual site; a Rhydon who could Surf. It was cool seeing Marrill use Iron Tail, and was able to defeat Rhydon so it could be captured and used for digging a tunnel to get through.

25/100