• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rightous Steel

RandyH

So I used to play PTCGO quite a bit, then I stopped just as Plasma Blast came out, now Im back on it. And Im thinking about alterring up my metal deck with some of the newer cards.

Current Deck build (as of Plasma Storm)
Basic Strategy: On the bench: KK (Shift Gear) to move around energy (especially useful for a Max Potion and too boost Bisharp); KK (Plasma Steel) for EX protection; a bisharp ready to switch in and reach havok with Metal Scissors, and a KeldeoEX for the free switch (Blend Energy works with shift gear by the way)
Starting Active (and main attacker until my bench is right for Bisharp): Cobalion and/or CobalionEX

Pokemon:
Klink x4
Klang x2
KK (Plasma Steel) x2
KK (Shift Gear) x2
Cobalion (NV) x1
CobalionEX x1
Pawniard x2
Bisharp (NV) x2
KeldeoEX x1

Supporters:
Colress x3
Skyla x3
N x3
PONT x3

Items:
Ultra Ball x2
Rare Candy x3
Super Rod x2
Heavy Ball x2
Dowsing Machine x1
Switch x3
Town Map x1
Random Reciever x2
Max Potion x2
Pokemon Catcher x2

Energy:
Blend (W-M) x4
Special Metal x4
Metal x3

Now this deck works out alright. Typically if I can get set up decently, then it's like a freightrain. The bulk of KK and their mediocore atks can help at the start if im not set up too well; however, if I get shut down early then it's near impossible to recover from. And of course, a full (or mainly) fire deck is the bane of this deck...even with KeldeoEX it's a very tough win.

I was thinking of updating it. While I love Bisharp's attack, AegislashEX does the same thing, but much more efficiantly...With Aegislash being a base pokemon, I dont have to worry about how weak Pawniard is before evolving or hunting down a bisharp to evovle it. Then I can replace Pawniards and Bisharps with Bronzong line with metal links...Now allowing me to bring back energy from my discard pile AND attach for free (and the way I read it, it looks like my SME and Blend Energy would qualify for the ability...haven't tested yet though)
The biggest problem I see, is that not only am I changing my biggest attacker to an EX pokemon, it is also a base pokemon....meaning anything with EX protection and Pyroar (which is played pretty often now) completely block it...If Pyroar is out, then my Cobalions and Keldeo are useless as well, making me rely soley on KK to take them out. And while being able to salavage ANY of my energies from my discard pile would be a godsend...Not sure if is worth the trade for being able to be blocked so easily now.

Other cards Im interested in swapping in...Steel Shelters and a few Float stones (works great with Keldeo's Rush in Ability, not to mention all of my Heavy steel types). And Im not really familiar with much that has come out since Plasma Blast.

Last edited:

ven?

Kanto Region Champ
If you can find the metagross mega boxes, the mega does a lot of dmg while the regular EX has a decent ability to set things up though works better with bronzing, the mega still hits like a truck 130+ 10 per steel energy attached with all steel just to use the attack it hits for 170, also 1-1 or 2-2 PDL and mill your opponents deck into there prizes. 2 issues I see with the deck, 4 rare candy, if this more unlimited due to PONT and stuff BTS would be a pretty sound idea as you could just run 4 with a 4-4-4 klink line and 1 sacred ash so your bases are fairly covered and you can get things moving uber fast, and search supporters/pokemon draw an uxie 1-1 or 2-2 claydol line helps in getting things setup much faster. Nice list though, lots of things you can always do with it.

RandyH

Thanks a lot for the input ven?. I'll definintly be looking into the MetaEX and MegaMeta. I do play unlimited, however I only play on the PTCG Online...Which only has cards from HGSS and up, so BTS is out of the question.