1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Ring Masters! (196)

Discussion in 'Pokémon - The Johto League Champions' started by Serebii, Oct 22, 2004.

1. Serebii

Serebii And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared... Staff Member Admin

Ring Masters!

When seeing a Feraligatr train, Ash decides to find out what's going on. He learns about them being in a Sumo Contest. Ash eager to take part in any contest decides to get his Snorlax so he can enter it. Can Ash win?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

2. I like this episode, Snorlax is soooo cool. Ash had that King's Rock for ages...I'm glad that Misty's Poliwhirl stole it!!

3. Shiny May

Shiny May Guest

The kings rock looked cool but weird that Ash didn't really knew what the kings rock was in 'A Crowing Achievement!"
    Snorlax and his big belly was funny and really easy. Hilarious!
    Feraligator looked cool in this one and the battle against Blastoise was cool too. I liked the Snorlax vs. Feraligator sumo wrestle battle the best!! It showed that Snorlax is just one of Ash's strongest pokemon!

4. I'm slightly upset that feraligatr isn't shown enough, its ace in this fight.Too bad its got a crap moveset in the games.One thing I noticed is one of the pokemon in the tournnament was an arbok,yet Jessie doesn't know this and dresses wobbufet up as a miltank! lol

5. wobbanut

wobbanut Team Awesome

It's too bad Ash hasn't used Snorlax for battle more often. Even though it doesn't kick butt as much in this episode as it does in episodes where it can use its special attacks (the battle against Claire was my favorite for him, with his battle against Gary a close second), but he was still fun to watch. I like the reactions when Snorlax broke the scale, and when he gobbled the year's supply of pokemon food in all of ten seconds. :) I also liked the whole bit with Wobbuffet as miltank, which was really funny. :D

6. grovile

grovile Rainbow Trainer

A really good episode i Like Snorlax is funny.

7. Aptenodytes

Aptenodytes Well-Known Member

this was a fun episode to watch. especially feraligatr because he doesnt appear a lot. id give it a 8/10

8. Meganium Ex

Meganium Ex Banned

Same here. This episode was cool! ^^

9. At least Feraligatr makes an somewhat rare appearance, and overall, good

10. Battra

Battra Well-Known Member

A nice episode, it was great seeing Snorlax again even if it won't show up for awhile again.

11. Joshehh

Joshehh Well-Known Member

Snorlax was good in this episode, the use of his stomach was funny to see. And I was kind of glad Ash won, but at the same time I think the Feraligatr should have won. That was nice to see too, I only wish Totodile had have gone all the way.

By the way, is it just me or was Snorlax already out of the ring when he threw Feraligatr out...?

12. dman_dustin

dman_dustin Well-Known Member

I couldn't help but laugh at the beginning:

Narrator: Our Heroes find themselves passing through an intriguing little village

Misty: What's this?
    Brock: It's an intriguing little village Misty

13. (s.i.e)

(s.i.e) ★skydragon★

oh yeah, the sumo battle where the stummach won the battle, it has been a while since i saw this episode but from what i know is that it was a good episode.

14. defno

defno Well-Known Member

One of my favorite episodes so far. My cousin cracks up when the ref sings.

15. Tadashi

Tadashi kiss my greens

Quite obviously the best part of the whole episode.

Actually, sumo wrestling Snorlax was funny (Poliwrath bouncing off his fat tummy = awesome), but I gotta go with dman on this one. Narrator wins the episode! =D

16. Igottapoo

Igottapoo In my nightmares

Pretty good episode. Feraligatrs are pretty cool and so is Snorlax ^_^

17. Littlemyuu

Littlemyuu Orig. Solar-Sceptile

Feraligatr is the best water Pokemon from the second gen!
    i love him in the episode, he looks so cool!

18. BogleDominic Crazy Anime

BogleDominic Crazy Anime I love Pokemon!

lol when snorlax wins straight away!

19. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Banned

This ep was great for the time period. Not only is a sumo Pokemon tournament a great idea, but Ash finally uses Snorlax in an official battle, something it didn't get when it was in the Orange Islands.

Feraligatr gets a nice debut as well, funny how Ash tells Totodile it'll evolve someday but it never happens, perhaps DP can correct this mistake like they did with Phanpy?

Anyway great episode, and I love that Ash finally uses Snorlax to win the Kings Rock, which Poliwhirl later uses to evolve, thus this ep isn't even a filler. Huzzah!

20. Hibachi

Hibachi Grass Pokemon Expert

I thought it was great to see Snorlax again. I also l also enjoyed seeing Feraligatr. I thought that the Feraligatr vs. Blastoise match was pretty good. However the final match between Feraligatr vs. Snorlax was even better. I laughed how Snorlax ate the year supply of food in just a few seconds. I liked how the announcer sang the pokemon that were battling.