• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ring of Fire Tournaments

WhyBuffet

Pokémon Breeder
5rjzNPJ.png

Rules_zpsfub8x5cb.png

1. All original Ring of Fire rules apply.
  2. All SPPf rules apply.
  3. Only Ring of Fire members can post in this thread.
  4. Only Ring of Fire members can enter the tournaments.
  5. Battles can be done over PS or WiFi depending on the tournament.
  6. If a disconnection happens early game, both players can choose to re-initiate the match, keeping the same lead Pokémon.
  7. If a disconnection happens and a clear winner can be found, the winning player at the time will be declared winner.
  8. You shall save all replays from PS matches and wifi battles.
  9. Battles should be organized by PM/VM.
  10. Signups must be done on this thread. PM/VM and posts on the guild thread will be ignored.
  11. Battles should be reported on this thread using the standard format. Both players need to report the battle.

Reporting Battles:
Code:
Username:
Opponent:
Result: [Example: Win 3-0]
Additional comments:

Last edited:

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
Username: snivy trainer
Generation: Generation 1

Time to go back to the originals :D. How will Mega Evolutions work?

Mega Typhlosion

Username: snivy trainer
Generation: Generation 1

Time to go back to the originals :D. How will Mega Evolutions work?

They'll work as usual. You can use non uber mega evolutions that evolve from pokemon from your gen ;)

Username: Fire Hero
Generation: 3rd

Last edited:

Spacial

procrastination
Username: Ponymon
Generation: Gen 5

I haven't got any useful megas (since M-Audino's only use is a Doubles cleric) but Serperior should be interesting and I have experience and successful sets for a bunch of Gen 5 mons :3

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
Well since apparently tournament discussion must go here, I figured I'd make a few points here. The exception rule is pretty cool actually, especially for Generation 1-2 users who now gain access to the evolutions Generation 4 pretty much gave them. I'm looking forward to seeing Ponymon's Gen 5 team (can we post our teams at the end, so we can see who built what? Perhaps we could critique people's teams, although they're solely tournament based) and Romeo32's Generation 1 team (mainly because we're doing the same generation).

Looking at the Generation list, there's a lot to use and think about; so many possible styles now available and so many Pokemon you'd never use before, yet now you'll use them. Kanto has lots of powerful Pokemon and many possible Mega Evolutions (except Kangaskhan and Gengar of course) and this might be the first tournament that's not tier based I look forward to competing in. Good luck everyone!

WhyBuffet

Pokémon Breeder
So for this tournament, will all battles be done on Showdown?
To be honest I would be totally alright with that, as some of the Pokémon I am considering for my team have yet to be bred...

EDIT: Sorry for the double post. I thought someone had posted after me the last time.

Mega Typhlosion

Well since apparently tournament discussion must go here, I figured I'd make a few points here. The exception rule is pretty cool actually, especially for Generation 1-2 users who now gain access to the evolutions Generation 4 pretty much gave them. I'm looking forward to seeing Ponymon's Gen 5 team (can we post our teams at the end, so we can see who built what? Perhaps we could critique people's teams, although they're solely tournament based) and Romeo32's Generation 1 team (mainly because we're doing the same generation).

Looking at the Generation list, there's a lot to use and think about; so many possible styles now available and so many Pokemon you'd never use before, yet now you'll use them. Kanto has lots of powerful Pokemon and many possible Mega Evolutions (except Kangaskhan and Gengar of course) and this might be the first tournament that's not tier based I look forward to competing in. Good luck everyone!

I think we can all share our teams in the end yeah. It would be nice to see how people managed to make things work ;)

So for this tournament, will all battles be done on Showdown?
To be honest I would be totally alright with that, as some of the Pokémon I am considering for my team have yet to be bred...

EDIT: Sorry for the double post. I thought someone had posted after me the last time.

Yes it'll all be PS. And you can still delete the post and edit the other one :p

WhyBuffet

Pokémon Breeder
Are we allowed to have multiple teams or only 1 team?

Adding onto Lynx's question (though not really), are we allowed to have multiples of the same item on our team?
It doesn't specify in the tournament rules and I just wanted to be sure.

Kitt Geekazaru

Infernape Trainer
Username: Kitt Geekazaru
Generation: Generation Four

I'd like to know how the Eeveelutions are going to be treated. IMO, all eeveelutions should be allowed in all gens with any eeveelution in it.

LynxForte

The Phoenix

I'd like to know how the Eeveelutions are going to be treated. IMO, all eeveelutions should be allowed in all gens with any eeveelution in it.

Good question, but branch evolutions seems a little different imo. Pokemon like Gallade and Froslass would technically be showed in Gen and vise-versa for Gardevoir and Glalie

Romeo32

Adding onto Lynx's question (though not really), are we allowed to have multiples of the same item on our team?
The rules say that we are playing by the Smogon OU rules, and Smogon has no item clause. So feel free to give all six of your Pokemon lefties if that's what you desire.

Mega Typhlosion

The rules are smogon OU, literally, so yes you can use the same items.

Are we allowed to have multiple teams or only 1 team?

Only one team is allowed.

That is a good question... I think since Eeveelutions aren't directly related, we should only use the ones introduced in our gen: Vaporeon/Jolteon/Flareon in Gen1, Espeon/Umbreon in Gen2, Leafeon/Glaceon in Gen4 and Sylveon in Gen6. Same for Gallade/Gardevoir or other branch evolutions. The idea was to prevent Gen 1 and Gen 2 users from going with NFE Pokémon because they couldn't use Rhyperior, Magmortar or Togekiss.
I think I'll add that to the rules.

Last edited:

WhyBuffet

Pokémon Breeder
So, I'm a little confused by the wording of the rules.
It says we can use any Pokémonn in that Pokédex.
Does that mean Pokémon introduced in that generation, or any Pokémon in that Pokédex?
For example, Seaking is a Kanto Pokémon, but is part of the Hoenn Pokédex.
The way the rules are worded, it sounds as though Seaking would be allowed on a Hoenn team.