• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ring of Fire Tournaments

WhyBuffet

Pokémon Breeder
Sorry, another question (sorry for all the questions, I just want to make sure I'm following the rules when building a team):
The multiple generation evolutions work both ways, right? Like for newer generation evolutions but also older generation evolutions?

Ex: Electabuzz on a Gen II team?

Mega Typhlosion

Sorry, another question (sorry for all the questions, I just want to make sure I'm following the rules when building a team):
The multiple generation evolutions work both ways, right? Like for newer generation evolutions but also older generation evolutions?

Ex: Electabuzz on a Gen II team?

It's a good question, but I think it's better to do that just for evolutions. Babies won't count, because the main Pokémon was introduced in another gen and you'll never use the baby. The idea is allowing 1st gen people to use Electivire because it would be unfair to force them to stick with Electabuzz.

WhyBuffet

Pokémon Breeder
It's a good question, but I think it's better to do that just for evolutions. Babies won't count, because the main Pokémon was introduced in another gen and you'll never use the baby. The idea is allowing 1st gen people to use Electivire because it would be unfair to force them to stick with Electabuzz.

Aww, that sucks. I had a semi-vaible team going off of the older evolutions... :(

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
How are Legendaries going to be worked into this? I mean sure Gen III users can't run with Groudon/Kyogre because they're Uber and not in Smogon OU format, but things like Terrakion and Celebi are OU, and things like the Regis are NU - will they be allowed? I'm curious since I have access to the 3 Legendary birds here, but can I use them?

Romeo32

How are Legendaries going to be worked into this? I mean sure Gen III users can't run with Groudon/Kyogre because they're Uber and not in Smogon OU format, but things like Terrakion and Celebi are OU, and things like the Regis are NU - will they be allowed? I'm curious since I have access to the 3 Legendary birds here, but can I use them?
Considering that we're playing by Smogon OU rules there should be no reason that we wouldn't be able to use non-uber legendaries.

LynxForte

The Phoenix

Why would Legendaries be excluded? Gen 3 still has access to the Lati twins which are both OU.

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
Fair enough, that's cool. I've finished my team and I must say it looks good to me. I'm hoping to win with this team and I have a definite chance to do so. I didn't use any Legendaries though, or even anything from another generation (like Magmortar for example) which I'm quite impressed with.

Mega Typhlosion

MONOGEN TOURNAMENT

The signups for the Monogen Tournament are now closed!

List of Participants:

LynxForte [Gen 4]
snivy trainer [Gen 1]
Fire Hero [Gen 3]
Ponymon [Gen 5]
Romeo32 [Gen 1]
WhyBuffet [Gen 2]
Young Xehanort [Gen 5]
Kitt Geekazaru [Gen 4]

Quarter-Finals

The Quarter-Finals matchup is the following:

Ponymon vs. Fire Hero [2-0]
WhyBuffet vs. Kitt Geekazaru [1-2]
LynxForte vs. Romeo32 [1-2]
snivy trainer vs. Young Xehanort

All matches should be played in a "Best of 3" format. By the end of each set, winners get 15 FP for the win and advance to the next round.

The matches shall be arranged by PM/VM and shall be done until the morning of Monday 16th February.

PRIZES

The winner of the tournament will get 100 FP and will get to choose a free Pokémon from the Bank of Fire at our guild.
The second and third placed trainers will get 80 and 50 FP respectively.

Last edited:

LynxForte

The Phoenix
Contacted Romeo, set up a battle for Saturday due to my schedule.

Also, if I'm doing my math correctly, it's 145 FP for 1st place, 110 for 2nd and 90 for 3rd. That's including the 15 FP for winning the battle. Is that correct?

StonE EdgE

Brock n' Roll
If I can still sign up I'd like to take part. I'll be using a Gen 2 team.

Mega Typhlosion

If I can still sign up I'd like to take part. I'll be using a Gen 2 team.

It's nothing personal, but right now we're exactly 8 players and adding you now would disrupt the whole matchup system... sorry but maybe for the next one :X

And obviously this is not the Round of 16 but the Top 8 aka Quarter-Finals. As for the points Lynx, first gets 100 + 45 for 3 wins, 2nd gets 80 + 30 for 2 wins and 3rd gets 50 + 30 for 2 wins (including the 3rd place match). So in summary:

- 1st: 145 FP + a Pokémon from the Bank.
- 2nd: 110 FP
- 3rd: 80 FP

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
I've contacted my opponent, awaiting a response now. Although I think I might make some more changes, since there're a couple of team members I think need to be changed.

Mega Typhlosion

Username: Fire Hero
Opponent: Ponymon
Result: Lost / Lost (forgot the exact scores)
Additional comments: I'm sorry for all the others who didn't have to battle me :p It would have been an easy win. Back to VGC, I just can't play singles competitively xD
Good game Ponymon ;)

Spacial

procrastination
Username: Ponymon
Opponent: Fire Hero
Result: Won / Won (can't remember the scores exactly but I think match no.2 was 2-0)
Additional comments: Good game, I probably won't get any further than this in the tourney xD

Mega Typhlosion

Just to remind everyone that the matches should be done until the end of the day of Sunday 15th Feb. If any of you finds himself unable to finish the match in time, please PM me (and your opponent). If you don't say anything and leave your opponent hanging, you'll be disqualified.

LynxForte

The Phoenix
LynxForte
Romeo32
Loss 0-1, Won 3-0, Lost 0-3
All good games. Hopefully next tournament can be wifi

Romeo32

Opponent: LynxForte
Result: Won 2-1
Additional comments: Your team was really annoying and stally. Not really a fun set but GG nonetheless.