• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ring of Fire Tournaments

WhyBuffet

Pokémon Breeder
Opponent: Kitt Geekazaru
Result: Lost 2-1
Comments: May I just go on the record as saying I am no good at building monogen teams? lol
Good luck in the rest of the tournament, y'all.

Kitt Geekazaru

Infernape Trainer
Result: Lost 2-1
Comments: May I just go on the record as saying I am no good at building monogen teams? lol
Good luck in the rest of the tournament, y'all.

that was close, to say the least
Win 3-0, Loss 4-0, Win 1-0
Rotom-W made me lose everything game 2 and redeemed itself game 3.

Romeo32

So what's the deal with round two? If it where up to me I'd give Snivy a pass for this round since based on his and Xehanort's VMs it is Xehanort's fault that they didn't/couldn't battle, plus if you eliminate them both round two will be weird with only 3 people.

Mega Typhlosion

I'll give them until tomorrow morning to finish their battle. If not, I'll award snivy trainer with the win and proceed to the next round since he was the only one providing an explanation.

Meanwhile, in order not to delay this anymore, let's move on with the semifinals matchup.

========================================

The quarter-final results are:

Ponymon vs. Fire Hero [2-0]
WhyBuffet vs. Kitt Geekazaru [1-2]
LynxForte vs. Romeo32 [1-2]
snivy trainer vs. Young Xehanort [Withdrew]

The semifinals matchup is:

Ponymon vs. snivy trainer
Kitt Geekazaru vs. Romeo32 [0-2]

All matches should be played in a "Best of 3" format. By the end of each set, winners get 15 FP for the win and advance to the next round.

The matches shall be arranged by PM/VM and shall be done until the morning of Tuesday 24th February. If for some reason you find yourself unable to battle before the deadline, please PM me explaining the situation. It is your responsibility to warn me in time.

========================================​

Good luck to you all ;)

Last edited:

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
To be honest it was tough for both myself and Young Xehanort since we're about 6 hours away from one another timezone-wise, so his optimal times are too late for me and my optimal times are too early for him. I think perhaps for future references we should ask for GMT's as part of the sign up form, to put people with close enough timezones together. Of course for finals/semi-finals this won't work but then that's the finals. It'll get things done easier I feel.

Mega Typhlosion

To be honest it was tough for both myself and Young Xehanort since we're about 6 hours away from one another timezone-wise, so his optimal times are too late for me and my optimal times are too early for him. I think perhaps for future references we should ask for GMT's as part of the sign up form, to put people with close enough timezones together. Of course for finals/semi-finals this won't work but then that's the finals. It'll get things done easier I feel.

I agree it may be useful to add that, but the reason I ended the deadline on the weekend was so that people could still find common times without having school/work messing up. If that doesn't work for some reason it's a matter of warning me and we'll see from there. It's not hard to find time on weekends unless you need to go away or are too busy. In that case, just PM me "Look, I have to go to "someplace" this weekend and can't battle, can you delay it for next week?". Otherwise it gets troublesome for everybody else...

Romeo32

As long as we're waiting I might as well ask: how exactly is 3rd place determined? Obviously 1st and 2nd are whoever make finals, but do both the losers of semis get 3rd?

Last edited:
Due to unforeseen calls of education, I report that I must drop out of the tournament, I don't want to hold you all back. It may be a while before I can consistently be active, but I will give it my all.

Romeo32

Username: Romeo32
Result: Win / Win (5-0 and 2-0)
Additional comments: There was a ridiculous amount of hax in my favor, it would've been a lot closer had I not been so lucky. Maybe karma will bite me in the finals.

Kitt Geekazaru

Infernape Trainer
Result: Win / Win (5-0 and 2-0)
Additional comments: There was a ridiculous amount of hax in my favor, it would've been a lot closer had I not been so lucky. Maybe karma will bite me in the finals.

Confirming the double team of the RNG and Romeo against me.
Notable moments:
You critting my Rotom.
My Rotom missing.
You critting my Gastrodon.
You critting my Heatran.
You critting my Gliscor.
Your Zapdos being left with 1%.
Your Clefable lowering my Sp. Atk. even more.
None of my scalds burning.

Mega Typhlosion

Due to unforeseen calls of education, I report that I must drop out of the tournament, I don't want to hold you all back. It may be a while before I can consistently be active, but I will give it my all.

Okay, I will award snivy the win in that case.

Ponymon will battle snivy for the semifinals, Please schedule your match accordingly. Good luck ;)

Spacial

procrastination
Username: Ponymon
Opponent: snivy trainer
Result: Loss/Win/Loss (4-0/1-0/2-0)
Additional comments: That was great fun, ggs and good luck in the final

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
Username: Ponymon
Result: Loss/Win/Loss (4-0/1-0/2-0)
Additional comments: That was great fun, ggs and good luck in the final

Confirming, although the first match contained a lot of hax on you which I'm very sorry for, but it was fun overall.

Mega Typhlosion

So, with the semi finals over, it's time for the real decisions.

The quarter-final results are:

Ponymon vs. Fire Hero [2-0]
WhyBuffet vs. Kitt Geekazaru [1-2]
LynxForte vs. Romeo32 [1-2]
snivy trainer vs. Young Xehanort [Withdrew]

The semifinals results are:

Ponymon vs. snivy trainer [1-2]
Kitt Geekazaru vs. Romeo32 [0-2]

FINAL

Romeo32 vs. snivy trainer

BRONZE MATCH

Kitt Geekazaru vs. Ponymon

All matches should be played in a "Best of 3" format. By the end of each set, winners get 15 FP for the win.

The matches shall be arranged by PM/VM and shall be done until the morning of Tuesday 3rd March. If for some reason you find yourself unable to battle before the deadline, please PM me explaining the situation. It is your responsibility to warn me in time.

========================================​

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
Well I lost both my matches, no idea on score but I'm sure Romeo32 will tell you. GG, lots of misses on my part cost me both games I think, and Scarf Magneton is a menace.

Romeo32

Result: Won / Won (4-0 and 3-0)
Additional comments: snivy missed two important Fire Blasts, I guess RNGesus was with me during this tourney. GG