• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ring of Fire Tournaments

Ekans647

Strongest Shield
The Ring of Fire Smash Bros. 3DS Tournament has been cancelled. I am very sorry about doing this, but I think it would be best to cancel the tournament and run another later. The reason I cancelled this tournament is because there have been many difficulties that have made the tournament nigh-unrunable. There have been lots of Inactivity since the beginning, and I had to recently disqualify a player because of this. Another player wants to drop out and others won't be able to play. This won't be my last tournament, by due to these circumstances I am canceling the tournament.

WhyBuffet

Pokémon Breeder
Ring of Fire
Battle Factory Tournament

Choose your Pokémon:

Introduction

Welcome to the Ring of Fire Battle Factory Tournament. I am Factory Brain WhyBuffet, and I have created a facility that harkens back to the original Battle Factory found in the far-off Battle Frontier.

The concept is simple: you are given a choice of rental Pokémon, which you use to battle other Trainers who are also using rental Pokémon. Win your way to the top in order to win the grand prize!

Sign-Up

In order to participate in this Battle Factory Tournament, you must sign up in this tournament thread no later than Sunday, September 13, at 6:00PM EST.

Once sign-up closes, I will PM all participants with a choice of 6 rental Pokémon. Each participant will then PM me back with their choice of 3 of those 6 rental Pokémon.

Contestants

No contestants at this time.

Rules

Because I do not expect participants to breed their own rental Pokémon (and because I myself do not have the time to do so), this tournament will take place entirely on Pokémon Showdown.

The rental Pokémon have the following aspects preset:

- Nature
- Abilities
- Moveset
- Held Item

The following aspects are free for contestants to manipulate:

- Happiness
- Shininess

The format of the tournament will be 3 rounds of swiss rounds, followed by the semi-finals, and finals. If there is an odd number of participants, each swiss round will have an "odd one out" who will receive a pre-determined amount of points.

The swiss round battle will be best of 1, while the semi-finals and finals battles will be best of 3.

During the swiss round battles, the winner of a battle is free to swap one of their Pokémon on hand with one of their opponent's Pokémon. The winner simply PMs his/her opponent with the name of the Pokémon they wish to recieve, along with the full details of the Pokémon they are giving in return. The opponent then PMs the full details of the requested Pokémon to the winner. The winner is not required to swap Pokémon with his/her opponent.

Schedule

The match-ups for each swiss round will be determined randomly and posted in this section.

The tournament will start on Monday, September 14, at 9:00AM EST. Trainers have until Sunday, September 20, at 6:00PM EST to battle their opponent.

If you attempt to arrange a battle with your opponent, and are having difficulties, please PM me. Likewise, if you suspect that your opponent is not using his/her rental Pokémon in a battle, save the Battle Video and PM it to me with your concerns.

Fire Hero vs Master Calem

Spacial vs Ekans647

Shade2000 vs Kitt Geekazaru

Odd One Out: LynxForte

Rankings

0zu9yOL.png

Prizes

TBA

Closing

That is it for the rules of the tournament. If you have any questions or concerns about this tournament, feel free to PM/VM me.

HAPPY BATTLING!

Last edited:

Master Calem

Time traveler fool
don't forget about me!

WhyBuffet

Pokémon Breeder
Only a handful of people have gotten back to me with their choice of rental Pokémon. If you do not confirm by Friday, September 25, 2015, 11:59PM GMT -4, then you will be disqualified.

Last edited:

Mega Typhlosion

Username: Fire Hero
Opponent: Master Calem
Result: Win 2-0
Additional comments: I think I only won because of the surprise element of some sets lol it was fun though ;) Good match.
I decided not to swap anything as I feel none of his Pokémon would be an improvement on my chosen 3.

Master Calem

Time traveler fool
Confirming the loss. I did a grave mistake. Otherwise, perhaps I would have been able to play a bit longer. Good match! :)
Still, I always get wrecked lol.

WhyBuffet

Pokémon Breeder
Just as a reminder to winners of battles, once you request a Pokémon from your defeated opponent, you are committed to receiving that Pokémon.

For example, you cannot request a Pokémon, receive the full set of said Pokémon, then change your mind and opt out of swapping.

Mega Typhlosion

Just as a reminder to winners of battles, once you request a Pokémon from your defeated opponent, you are committed to receiving that Pokémon.

For example, you cannot request a Pokémon, receive the full set of said Pokémon, then change your mind and opt out of swapping.

That's good to have cleared up ;)

WhyBuffet

Pokémon Breeder
Since there are still people who have yet to have their first round battles, the first round shall be extended to next Sunday (September 27).
If there is anyone left who still needs to have a battle at that time, the tournament shall be cancelled.

Last edited:

Master Calem

Time traveler fool
Oh, come on! Well, at least I was able to battle against Fire Hero. But still.... :(