• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ring of Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

LynxForte

The Phoenix
Finally had a chance to watch the trailer for Pokemon GO. Again, I'm still not sure how it will do on mobile just because in app purchases can turn off so many people. I plan on giving this a try, but if I have to spend real money on great and ultra balls (and the potion equivalents if they're needed in this game) or tms and move tutors, its something I won't bother with. I don't doubt that certain tms will require transactions and even ultra balls, but when you turn a game that has always been about fun into a game about who has the deepest pockets, you can ruin something great.

Anyway, the real reason I'm posting about it is because I noticed that only the original 150 were in the trailer so it makes me think that either 1) Something like this has been in development for a long time and they just think that now is the right time to do or 2) They're only going to start out with the originals as a way to actually just test the market for the game and do releases over time.

Also, don't forget to sign up for the tournament in the tournament thread.

Mega Typhlosion

I love the idea of Pokemon Go. Seems a very interesting concept.

As for the future, I don't think they'll move everything to mobile. I agree with spacial, it will be their death. Pokemon fans are mostly nintendo fans and I think the only thing they're trying to do is reach more people by going on mobile.

Smartphones are not gaming consoles. They can't support a game as huge as a dedicated console can. So I believe this is just some kind of spinoff and not the future of all Pokemon games. The main series can't go on mobile, for a plethora of reasons. So this is mostly a way to get new people to play Pokemon.

Juxtapoz

Used to be cool
guess what...I finally put togeter the ps name bit. pokemon showdown. I don't have one, but if I get one I'll share it. Last time I used a simulator was shoddy battle server.

also, pokemon for the guild bank. I'm on a breeding spree atm, so I'll prolly have some more later.

Username:Juxtapoz
Timezone & Availability to trade: Varies. I work weird shifts and am an insomniac.
Pokémon:Kangaskahn
Shiny (Y/N):n
Nature:Jolly
Level:1
Ability: early bird and/or scrappy (got one of both with the same IV's)
IVs:31/31/31/X/31/31
Moves: Comet punch, Leer, Double edge

Pokémon:Dratini
Shiny (Y/N):n
Nature:Adamant
Level:1
Ability:Shed skin
IVs:31/31/31/X/31/31
Moves:leer, dragon dance, dragon rush, Extreme speed

WhyBuffet

Pokémon Breeder
I hope everyone has seen the CoroCoro leaks of Zygarde's new Formes.

Could a new main series game be in the works to accommodate these Formes? I sure hope so!

Master Calem

Time traveler fool
Who cares about that, WHAT IS THAT FREAKING AWESOME GRENINJA.

wait, so now they are making a greninja that looks like Ash? c'mon!

Anyways, I guess that this pretty much means that pokemon Z is confirmed (pokemon XY & Z anime getting released alongside the fourth mega evolutions thing),and that weird green blob isn't part of zygarde's forms... it's actually its brain?(nucleus?) Did I get that all right?

off topic, but apparently, Zygarde's name is pronounced Zee-Guhr-Deh.

Edit: I showed the new Zygarde forms to my friend and he said:" what are Ben 10's transformations doing in pokemon?"
lol

Last edited:

Spacial

procrastination
Haven't seen this new stuff, won't for a while bc I'm using my 3DS browser. Annoyed that there'll be a Pokemon Z when there wasn't a Pokemon Grey since gen 5 is so much better than gen 6.

New Greninja forme thing? They (being Nintendo and Smogon) already butchered that frog like the French would, and since ORAS it has barely crossed my mind. I guess there isn't anything else that they would use from gen 6 and I stopped watching the anime after like the start of gen 5 so I don't really care xD

Also Calem a nucleus is what contains a single cell's DNA and controls it so I doubt the green blob thing is Zygarde's nucleus since it would have many inside it. Then again, you never know - Pokemon biology is different from real life biology

LynxForte

The Phoenix
B2W2 was essentially Pokemon Grey. It was just broken up into 2 games as it fit the story behind Kyurem, and Grey-Black and Grey-White is just a mouthful. I know you haven't seen the images yet, but when you see Perfect Zygarde, you'll notice how it looks like Xerneas and Yveltal kinda fuse into it at the same time, so with all 3 being 1 pokemon, it makes a little more sense that there will be a Z instead of X2Y2 (which I'm happy about). I know there are people out there who thought they were just gonna jump into Gen 7 and it still blows my mind that anyone would think that with Zygarde there with 2 unreleased moves. And not to mention to mention those locked areas of the power plant. What GameFreak needs to do is focus on post game. I think with 6th gen they were focused on 1) Bringing back older players (I'm and example of this working) and 2) Getting players into competitive. I could rant for a while about how they messed up XY and need to use Z to fix the generation, but I'd prefer to be watching anime.

Spacial

procrastination
Yep, I know BW2 were basically Pokemon Grey, I just found them a bit boring and feel Pokemon Grey would have been pulled off better.

I agree that Z needs to redeem XY (and ORAS) in terms of post-game. I think something like that avenue thing in BW2 would be good, something that takes advantage of the global network of players. There should definitely be more content (which sounds likely judging by Zygarde's new formes), and also just little things here and there like in BW for you to discover post-game. They just need to get the balance right.

Shade2000

Shade in Shades
TBH the pokemon Go trailer look too good and i'm going to go and download it right now. I kept on seeing posts about it on tumblr and seeing people talking about it but I didn't know what it was. I've been wanting this for 6+ years this is great i CANNOT WAIT.
Sorry for not posting. I just have tonnes of homework (due for tuesday) which I haven't done.
Since my school has different uniform for Lower/Upper School, now i'm in the upper school I feel so superior because I have the good uniform and everyone is scared of me. Except some year 7 who actually shoved me out of the way the other day. I should have pushed her over on the stairs tbh. Also apparently my skirt is too short but it's actually like one of the longest out of my friends????

Last edited:

Spacial

procrastination
Serbia actually says that there'll be a closed beta for Pokemon Go this winter and it'll be released in early 2016, so I'd guess around May or earlier is when it'll be released. My problem is that I don't have a smartphone and before Pokemon Go I had no intention of getting one, so now I'm torn.

Our Middle School uniform is horrible we have like tube skirts ;-;

I looked at the Zygarde formes, the brain/cell thing looks more interesting than the 100% forme. 10% from is cool too.

Had a few battles on Showdown with an old team that I tweaked, I need to replace Revenant with something but I'm not sure what. The team is Weavile, Volcarona, Garchomp (defensive), Trevenant, M-Gyarados and Clefable. Idk.

EDIT: Shade your post count is 666 are you aware of this

EDIT 2: I have a solution to the smartphone problem, my mum had an iPhone 4 until she got a new phone, but still has the iPhone 4, so I can drop hints and hope to be given it for Christmas. Only thing is the iOS is probably updated despite it being upgraded.

Last edited:

Shade2000

Shade in Shades
Ah that's good. I actually thought it was already out as I kept on seeing text posts about it on tumblr (they never actually said the name but you got the idea), but i guess i can wait until May. May is a long time. Ew I have to do my Japanese GCSE around May time.

My school uniform is a lot better, and we have the same skirts, they really restrict movement. Like I can't sit cross legged or anything??

I haven't seen the zygarde thing, can someone link me the coro coro leak or something.

Oh god, now every time I post something I have to delete an older post so it can stay as 666 because i am in the illuminati

Spacial

procrastination
It could be sooner than May, you never know. I think when Pokemon Go is released there'll be just the original 150 and there'll be more Pokemon added through updates, so it may (heh, May) well be released sooner.

Yeah the skirts are really horrible and they ride up loads too. Also I've started going to like a Japanese club thing at school xD when are you going to Japan?

You can find the Zygarde things on Serebii's main page.

Kitt Geekazaru

Infernape Trainer
Serbia actually says that there'll be a closed beta for Pokemon Go this winter...

Serbia? Since when does Serbia release pokemon news?

EDIT: Shade your post count is 666 are you aware of this

Oh, that's cool. I wonder when I hit 666
*looks at post count*
oh

EDIT 2: I have a solution to the smartphone problem, my mum had an iPhone 4 until she got a new phone, but still has the iPhone 4, so I can drop hints and hope to be given it for Christmas. Only thing is the iOS is probably updated despite it being upgraded.

I bid you good luck on that.

I haven't seen the zygarde thing, can someone link me the coro coro leak or something.
http://www.serebii.net/news/2015/12-September-2015.shtml
http://www.serebii.net/pokemon/xyzforms.shtml

Oh god, now every time I post something I have to delete an older post so it can stay as 666 because i am in the illuminati
Kitt Geekazaru said:
Oh, that's cool. I wonder when I hit 666
*looks at post count*
oh
I cry everytime

Quite a few people signed up for the Battle Factory tourney. That's cool.

WhyBuffet

Pokémon Breeder
Sign ups for the Battle Factory Tournament are now closed, first round schedule now available.

Last edited:

CyberD888

Travelling Trader
Ah! Sorry for the inactivity last week as I had to submit a major project. Being an architecture student sucks...

Anyways, I personally feel Pokemon Go is an excellent way to attract new people to Pokemon. Let's face it, there are countless people playing mobile games in the street. And when people see others playing a certain game, it's inevitable that they join in on the bandwagon, not to mention Pokemon's already established popularity which would prompt them to join even more.

It would be a waste to move Pokemon entirely to mobile although I don't think Nintendo would do that. At best, it wouls just be an app like Pokemon Go to attract others into the main series. Maybe the Pokemon captured there would have gimicks such as Hidden Abilities which can be transfered into the main series games but not vice-versa? I dunno but the possibilities are endless.

And am I the only one disappointes that the new Zygarde form is not shaped like a Z? Only hope now is that it has a distinguishing feature which resembles a Z (maybe a Z shaped sword? I dunno)

Shade2000

Shade in Shades
I actually really dislike to Pure Zyagarde form? the 10% form is pretty rad tbh but the pure from just isn't really.... Zyagrade? Like it looks a bit like Golurk to me? I watched a video about it and tbh it's disgusting but the XY&Z anime looks quite good man. I might have to try and watch it (Along with Hannibal and SU and MLP and Sword art online (which I haven't started yet)lmao).

I think that Pokemon Go is actually the raddest idea ever? like damn I can't wait. I will actually take everything off my phone just to get that app (It probably takes up a lot of space and I only have 16 GB on my phone .... I've already run out). I'm really looking forward to it. Like really really. I'm more excited for Go than Super Mystery Dungeon.

And Spacial, I'm going on the 23rd October until 3rd November. It's kind of inconvenient since I have my Japanese GCSE mock the week after (and my birthday week great) but heY. I'm kinda looking forward to it but i'm also scared because i'm pretty bad at Japanaese, and my school has 100% A* for Japanese so no pressure heh.
That's cool, what ahem you learnt at Japanaese club so far? Hiragana? Katakana? If you want I have a Japanese Pokemon Katakana chart Sensei gave me that i can photocopy for you.

Anyway back to homework..................

Spacial

procrastination
We were given the charts for the two Japanese alphabet things that aren't the Chinese ones. I was off sick yesterday so I missed it lol. That Pokemon Katakana chart sounds cool.

Yeah the 100% Zygarde forme just looks like one of those robot things in Castle in the Sky, or some kind of grotesque Regigigas. I don't really like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.