• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ring of Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alatar VGC

House Greyjoy
Thank you for accepting!

Best of luck to you as the new leader!

WhyBuffet

Pokémon Breeder
Announcements_zpsxx7f46ub.png

It has been brought to my attention that perhaps it was a bit unfair of me to reset everyone's rank and FP, since many guild members (myself included) have worked pretty hard to earn our ranks and FP, only to have it basically nullified.

Therefore, I am revising my previous rule; I would still like everyone to re-apply to the guild (so that I can gauge who is actually motivated and wants to be in the guild), however if you re-apply by October 10th, all your previous FP and your rank will be re-instated (or, if you were a newer member who was at a beginning rank, you will receive the "reimbursement package" of a rank up).

I truly apologize to any long-time guild members whom I may have offended or put under duress. My plan for resetting everything to zero was to try and get some more activity going in the guild, but I realize now that there are other ways of going about doing that other than resetting everything.

However, in a way I am glad that this situation has occurred, because it means that you guys reached out to me and communicated your issues, which in turn allowed me to listen and resolve the issue. I cannot state enough that I want to help guild members with any concerns they have, and this incident was a perfect example of that :)

Mega Typhlosion

All right! Guess the transition is done! Good luck WhyBuffet with this and hopefully we can keep being active and spice things up a little.

Here's my application btw :p

Username: Fire Hero (soon to be "Mega Typhlosion" lol)
3DS Friend Code: In signature
PS Name: NunoLFC (don't count on me for many battles there though)
Desired Division: Dark Flames
Favorite In-Game Activity: Event collecting and shiny hunting
Favorite Battle Tier: VGC
Referrer (if any): Me :p
About You: I'm the founder of this guild, a huge VGC fan, currently trying to get some CPs from local tournaments to aim for the Nationals. I have little time to be 100% active, hence stepping down from the leadership, but I'll still be around to help and to play with you guys ;) You can also find me on the event trading thread and the Shuffle thread.
Why do you Want to Join a Guild?: I like to have a community to discuss, trade and battle.
What can you Bring to the Guild?: VGC experience to start, which is lackluster so to speak. Some ideas and good mood ;)

And yes, lord Reshiram enforced his rules on me, so I red them :p

Last edited:

WhyBuffet

Pokémon Breeder
All right! Guess the transition is done! Good luck WhyBuffet with this and hopefully we can keep being active and spice things up a little.

Here's my application btw :p

Username: Fire Hero (soon to be "Mega Typhlosion" lol)
3DS Friend Code: In signature
PS Name: NunoLFC (don't count on me for many battles there though)
Favorite In-Game Activity: Event collecting and shiny hunting
Referrer (if any): Me :p
About You: I'm the founder of this guild, a huge VGC fan, currently trying to get some CPs from local tournaments to aim for the Nationals. I have little time to be 100% active, hence stepping down from the leadership, but I'll still be around to help and to play with you guys ;) You can also find me on the event trading thread and the Shuffle thread.
Why do you Want to Join a Guild?: I like to have a community to discuss, trade and battle.
What can you Bring to the Guild?: VGC experience to start, which is lackluster so to speak. Some ideas and good mood ;)

You are missing something from your application, so deni...

...What am I saying? You WROTE the rules, of course you have read them! lmao

Just my sad attempt at a joke, accepted. :)

EDIT: Member list updated :)

Last edited:

Alatar VGC

House Greyjoy
I would like to know if anyone is going to enter the "Spooky cup" that is coming up soon!

LOL at FireHero's application :p

WhyBuffet

Pokémon Breeder
I would like to know if anyone is going to enter the "Spooky cup" that is coming up soon!

To my knowledge, the Spooky Cup is double battles, isn't it?

Which means I will not be participating, as my doubles skills are non-existent.

Spacial

procrastination
Username: Spacial
3DS Friend Code: 3883... something. You guys all have it anyway.
PS Name: Ponymon THT
Desired Division: Bright Flames
Favourite In-Game Activity: battling
Favourite Battle Tier: OU (since it's the one I have the most knowledge of)
Referrer: Grovyle Reshiram
About You: I'm beginning my GCSE courses. I play lots of Nintendo games (Pokemon, LoZ, FE, KI, Mario and more recently Xenoblade) so spend less time playing Pokemon and on top of that have more work but I find time for it. I am an atheist and am interested in equality (for women, for queer people, ethnic equality, whatever). The only anime I've watched fully is Death Note, my favourite tv show is The Simpsons as I was raised on it and it has taught me like all of my worldly knowledge. I also like Doctor Who and Breaking Bad. Have been part of the same community since I joined the forums.
Why do you Want to Join a Guild? To keep up my interest in Pokemon and bc I have friends here.
What can you Bring to the Guild? Discussion, bad puns, some breeding ability.

WhyBuffet

Pokémon Breeder
3DS Friend Code: 3883... something. You guys all have it anyway.
PS Name: Ponymon THT
Favourite In-Game Activity: battling
Favourite Battle Tier: OU (since it's the one I have the most knowledge of)
Referrer: Grovyle Reshiram
About You: I'm beginning my GCSE courses. I play lots of Nintendo games (Pokemon, LoZ, FE, KI, Mario and more recently Xenoblade) so spend less time playing Pokemon and on top of that have more work but I find time for it. I am an atheist and am interested in equality (for women, for queer people, ethnic equality, whatever). The only anime I've watched fully is Death Note, my favourite tv show is The Simpsons as I was raised on it and it has taught me like all of my worldly knowledge. I also like Doctor Who and Breaking Bad. Have been part of the same community since I joined the forums.
Why do you Want to Join a Guild? To keep up my interest in Pokemon and bc I have friends here.
What can you Bring to the Guild? Discussion, bad puns, some breeding ability.

Accepted. Your rank has been re-instated and your previous FP have been converted :)
Be sure to check the opening posts for all the new features.
For example, in accordance with the new rank-up perks, you have earned 2 Great Coins, you have unlocked an Ability Slot, and shall receive a random Fire-type Pokémon Egg!

Last edited:

LynxForte

The Phoenix
Username: LynxForte
3DS Friend Code: 4485-0447-2297
PS Name: LynxForte (won't battle on it unless I have to for a War)
Favorite In-Game Activity: Battling
Favorite Battle Tier: OU and UU
Referrer (if any): I refuse to give Reshiram credit, so me
About You: Lazy, plays pokemon, lazy, plays nba 2k, lazy, works and lazy
Why do you Want to Join a Guild?: Enjoy talking to people about a lot more than just pokemon
What can you Bring to the Guild?: Help with Singles team building, breeding, team testing

And I guess I should reapply for this as well

Division: Dark Flames
Friend Code / PS Username: 4485-0447-2297
Timezone: EST (-5)
Competitive Battle Experience Level? Veteran
Preferred Battle Method? wifi
Would you be willing to battle in a method other than your preferred battle method, if necessary? Y
Availability for testing: Hard to say, pm me and we can work it out

Spacial

procrastination
Thanks! I took a look at the OP, the changes look really cool and I can't wait to try some of them :) good luck with running the Guild!

Is it possible to narrow down the contents of the Fire type egg? It's just bc Fire is my favourite type I've bred quite a lot of Fire types already and it would be a waste of your time to give me a 5IV egg of a Fire type which I already have my own 5IV of. Cyndaquil, Houndour, Slugma, Magby, Torkoal, Ponyta, Tepig, Heatmor and Fennekin are the Fire types I haven't got 5IVs of and I'm perfectly happy with any of them (and take your time - I won't be around much to trade and Pokemon is not a priority to me so take as long as you want), sorry if this comes across as demanding ^^

Mega Typhlosion

You are missing something from your application, so deni...

...What am I saying? You WROTE the rules, of course you have read them! lmao

Just my sad attempt at a joke, accepted. :)

EDIT: Member list updated :)

LOOL The fact that I never had to apply made me forget that part :p Sorry. I should amend my application ASAP anyway.

I would like to enter but I need to see if I can build a team with that set up. I'm happy Crobat is allowed, it's one of my MVPs and I can say I take it for 99% of my battles.

Alatar VGC

House Greyjoy
I would like to enter but I need to see if I can build a team with that set up. I'm happy Crobat is allowed, it's one of my MVPs and I can say I take it for 99% of my battles.

I'm in the process of making a trick room team! I have kind of an idea on 3 of the members. Stuck on the 4th tho
It's not a gimmicky team, but it's not full of OU's either.
Currently awaiting feedback on it before I start to breed anything.

If you do enter, then feel free to throw any ideas out there. At least if you want to :)

On the changes to the guild.
I've not been a member of Ring of Fire for as long as some. But these changes are pretty awesome!
Looking forward to trying to get to a higher rank. ;)

WhyBuffet

Pokémon Breeder
Thanks! I took a look at the OP, the changes look really cool and I can't wait to try some of them :) good luck with running the Guild!

Is it possible to narrow down the contents of the Fire type egg? It's just bc Fire is my favourite type I've bred quite a lot of Fire types already and it would be a waste of your time to give me a 5IV egg of a Fire type which I already have my own 5IV of. Cyndaquil, Houndour, Slugma, Magby, Torkoal, Ponyta, Tepig, Heatmor and Fennekin are the Fire types I haven't got 5IVs of and I'm perfectly happy with any of them (and take your time - I won't be around much to trade and Pokemon is not a priority to me so take as long as you want), sorry if this comes across as demanding ^^

I think I can work something out ;)

3DS Friend Code: 4485-0447-2297
PS Name: LynxForte (won't battle on it unless I have to for a War)
Favorite In-Game Activity: Battling
Favorite Battle Tier: OU and UU
Referrer (if any): I refuse to give Reshiram credit, so me
About You: Lazy, plays pokemon, lazy, plays nba 2k, lazy, works and lazy
Why do you Want to Join a Guild?: Enjoy talking to people about a lot more than just pokemon
What can you Bring to the Guild?: Help with Singles team building, breeding, team testing

And I guess I should reapply for this as well

Division: Dark Flames
Friend Code / PS Username: 4485-0447-2297
Timezone: EST (-5)
Competitive Battle Experience Level? Veteran
Would you be willing to battle in a method other than your preferred battle method, if necessary? Y
Availability for testing: Hard to say, pm me and we can work it out

Accepted.
You have earned 2 Great Coins, have an Ability Slot unlocked, and will receive a random Dragon-type Pokémon Egg.

Also, your application to the war team is accepted. I have battled you so many times in the past that I know your capabilities already.

Mikazuki Marazhu

of the Furry Fandom
Username: Marazhu
3DS Friend Code: 2681-1843-8582
PS Name: Marazhu
Favorite In-Game Activity: Pokebreeding/Event Collecting/Competitive Pokemon Battles
Referrer (if any): None
About You: A 46 year old man still playing Pokemon. Can we have Emboar cooked in Reshiram's flames for dinner?

WhyBuffet

Pokémon Breeder
3DS Friend Code: 2681-1843-8582
PS Name: Marazhu
Favorite In-Game Activity: Pokebreeding/Event Collecting/Competitive Pokemon Battles
Referrer (if any): None
About You: A 46 year old man still playing Pokemon. Can we have Emboar cooked in Reshiram's flames for dinner?

Accepted. Welcome back to the thick of things :)

Shade2000

Shade in Shades
Username: Shade2000
3DS Friend Code: Who am i kidding idk
PS Name: Shade2000
Favorite In-Game Activity: Idek? Just battling and messing around??? I haven't played for so long.
Favorite Battle Tier: The PSS 6v6 singles thing, also VGC and OU??
Referrer (if any): Reshiram
About You: Started my GCSE courses this year. i'm 14 and I like pokemon, but i don't play it that often anymore tbh. I like drawing as well. I mostly just do homework and watch TV and sleep tho. I like anime a little but I haven't watched any in a while. I'm also going to Japan later this ear i'm so excitedomg.
Why do you Want to Join a Guild?: bc i've always been in a guild since i joined in 2011 or whenever and it's fun and i like the community
What can you Bring to the Guild?: off topic conversations, fun, occasionally free wins for others (i'm so bad wtf)

Why not apply for the war team again since I actually have an OU team go me!
Username: Shade2000
Division: bright flames
Friend Code / PS Username: Shade2000
Timezone: GMT
Competitive Battle Experience Level?: Novice ish?
Preferred Battle Method?: PS
Would you be willing to battle in a method other than your preferred battle method, if necessary? No, as i don't have my team (or any OU team) in game
Availability for testing: Not much until November actually, sorry about that, but if you VM me we can arrange something.

Can I just be a sub also

Last edited:

Spacial

procrastination
Might as well apply for this, everyone else is

Division: Bright Flames
Friend Code / PS Username: Ponymon THT
Timezone: GMT
Competitive Battle Experience Level? Novice
Availability for testing: whenever idk, not this week bc I'm busy but I'll VM you

Mikazuki Marazhu

of the Furry Fandom
I'm going to go ahead and join the war team. Can I invite my mate into the guild/war team? I need to be a top notch Pokemon battler.

Division: Bright Flames
Friend Code / PS Username: 2681-1843-8582
Timezone: EST
Competitive Battle Experience Level? Borderline Veteran.
Preferred Battle Method? Wifi
Would you be willing to battle in a method other than your preferred battle method, if necessary? YES, Since I can breed top notch pokemons, I can build any team. I'm a technical Pokemon battler who prefer to counter metas
Availability for testing: I'm available anytime. Just VM me.

WhyBuffet

Pokémon Breeder
Okay, so Shade, you are accepted. Your rank has been re-instated, and your previous FP count has been converted :)

Also, all three of your war team applications are accepted. PM/VM me whenever you guys are available for a test battle (I'm pretty much always available).
However, Mikazuki, I have noticed that you are more of an avid doubles player, and I feel it would be remiss of me if I didn't point out that war team battles are single battles only at the moment. You are still more than welcome to join the war team, but I'm just letting you know :)

Username: Top Skuttler
3DS Friend Code: 0834-2991-9052
PS Name: Top Skuttler
Favorite In-Game Activity: Breeding
Favorite Battle Tier: OU/UU
Referrer (if any): Reshiram
About You: I'm a student of Darwen Aldridge Enterprise Studios in (you guessed it) Darwen. I enjoy playing guitar.
Why do you Want to Join a Guild?: I like the community.
What can you Bring to the Guild?: Ummm... I never forget to put Reshiram in my application form? Also, apparently I give decent massages...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.