• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ring of Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shade2000

Shade in Shades
Decent team, nice. However I don't know if having just 1 Sunny Day user is a good idea or not. Plus I'd run Fire Blast/Flamethrower > Eruption for more overall power and since you won't always guarantee Trick Room up before Camerupt starts spamming Eruption.

But Eruption is a spread move, so with Helping Hand and Sunny Day up, it's pretty beast. Even though it depends on HP.
Who else would have sunny day though?

And, no Ponymon, I haven't. But lets not forget my 24 and a half hour coach journey tomorrow XD

Spacial

procrastination
Is that for skiing? Lucky, I love long journeys, I always get things done on Pokemon during them xD I haven't done much at all at the moment, although I'm using the GTS to fill up my Dex. Tbh there isn't much to do postgame and I haven't anything that I want to breed. Since most discussion in RoF has been about competitive things, perhaps I could propose something for the Casual Corner to balance it? I'm not sure what, either a shiny hunt or a challenge run-through. A past generation would be nice since I dislike gen 6. Although shiny hunt would be in gen 6 obviously. I'll think about it, does anybody want to suggest anything?

Romeo32

Is that for skiing? Lucky, I love long journeys, I always get things done on Pokemon during them xD I haven't done much at all at the moment, although I'm using the GTS to fill up my Dex. Tbh there isn't much to do postgame and I haven't anything that I want to breed. Since most discussion in RoF has been about competitive things, perhaps I could propose something for the Casual Corner to balance it? I'm not sure what, either a shiny hunt or a challenge run-through. A past generation would be nice since I dislike gen 6. Although shiny hunt would be in gen 6 obviously. I'll think about it, does anybody want to suggest anything?
We should do an NFE (not fully evolved) run through. I started one in Fire Red a while back and I didn't get very far before it kind of fell by the wayside, but I think it would be fun to do one. Maybe in one of the 4th gen games?

I played around with Eject Button Ammongus + M-Gyarados and it worked out ok, but I wasn't doing very well with it. However I have found a core that I really like in Aegislash + M-Salamence. Aegislash is a great Wide Guard user, protecting Salamence from Rock Slide, Icy Wind, and Pixilate Hyper Voice, allowing it to either set up a DD or smash something with Double-Edge. Wide Guard also protects Aegislash from Salamence's EQ. Volcarona is a good partner for Aegislash too, as it appreciates being protected from the omnipresent Rock Slide. I have a really good feeling about this core and hopefully through experimentation I'll be able to create a really solid team.

I wish I'd gotten into VGC earlier, because St. Louis Regionals are only about an hour away from where I live, but I don't think I have enough experience or a good enough team to justify dedicating my entire weekend to a tournament like that. Does anyone know if Regionals come around again later in the year? Because once I get better acquainted with the format I would love to go to Regionals.

Last edited:

Kitt Geekazaru

Infernape Trainer
Shade, have you finished your team ingame?

And Snivy when I said Bug types I meant Volcarona because I use it.

I think Emboar has such a weak defensive typing and it's too slow to be any use. Some people could use it well but I'll stick to Infernape thanks :3 I still think Tyrantrum should get more use - it has better coverage of OU Pokemon (such as Talonflame) imo and stat-wise (I think, I haven't looked it up) is similar.

Infernape ftw!

Tyrantrum has 82 HP, 121 Attack, 119 Defense, 69 Sp. Attack, 59 Sp. Defense, and 71 Speed. The speed is a bit of a letdown, but it gets Dragon Dance. I should come up with a set... wait. I have some on PS.

Tyrantrum @ Assault Vest
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Head Smash
- Crunch/Iron Head
- Dragon Claw/Dragon Tail
- Earthquake/Iron Head/Ice Fang

This is an interesting set. Assault Vest makes it's Sp. Def. manageable, but gives up Dragon Dance.

Tyrantrum @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Head Smash
- Iron Head/Ice Fang
- Dragon Claw
- Dragon Dance

This set provides maximum coverage and maximum damage. Dragon Dance set up lets it have some speed to outrun key threats, as well as hit harder. I think scarfed Lando-T will give both of these problems, though.

Tyrantrum @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Iron Head
- Outrage
- Ice Fang/Crunch/Earthquake

I'm not sure how fast this will make it. It will probably be too slow to be effective, but I wanted to put it here for thoughts.

JohnMango95

Loyal magma grunt

I can't wait for the next guild-wide shiny hunt. i've been doing a few personal hunts myself. if you're looking for suggestion as to what to hunt, i've just caught a shiny clampearl (evolved into huntail). perhaps you could look for one too.

Mega Typhlosion

A runthrough could be something interesting yeah. The last time I played my X version I refused to evolve Fennekin to make it challenging. It arrived at the E4 over Lv80... lol

Shade2000

Shade in Shades
A run through appeals more to me more, but whatever!

Also, prepared for my journey and took all my photos that I need to train my pokemon. Also, does anyone have a Tornadus I can borrow when I get back so I can get Landorus, as i'm not doing the whole of my OR run just to get one. Anyway bye! Might be wifi in the hotel i'm staying (hopefully) so I might post idk.

Kitt Geekazaru

Infernape Trainer
I have a Tornadus on my X file. When you trade it back, I hope you don't mind putting it in my AS file ;)

Also, a runthrough sounds like a fun thing, but without Pokemon Bank it would be difficult for me.

Sietse23

*Brainfarts*
Username:
3DS Friend Code: 4854-6647-2058
PS Name: Sietse23 banned atm because someone put on timer directly and I said some things about timer haste boys its just a game, then he got a mod to ban me
Desired Division: Dark Flame
Favorite activity in game: Everything gets boring after doing it for a while
Favorite Battle Tier: OU
Referrer: No
About you: I can play competitive Pokemon also I play smash

Username: Sietse23
3DS Name: Sietse
Nintendo Network ID: Sietse
Timezone (GMT Format): GMT+1 (Netherlands so it will be GMT+2 half the year I think)
Smash Bros. Experience (1-10): 5
Main(s): Luigi,( Falco, Jigglypuff, Charizard)
About You: I haven't played very much but I got the basics down

also Reshiram

Competitive Corner Application
Division: Dark Flame
Experience with competitive battling: 9 in OU don't know everything about other tiers
Apprentice/Master: Master

Division: Dark Flaeme
Experience: 9
Timezone: GMT+1/GMT+2
Availability for testing: Most of the time after 3pm my time.

Last edited:

Spacial

procrastination
Username:
PS Name: Sietse23 banned atm because someone put on timer directly and I said some things about timer haste boys its just a game, then he got a mod to ban me

also Reshiram

Accepted! I can't accept you into the other things because I have no authority in those but welcome to RoF!

Also, a runthrough sounds like a fun thing, but without Pokemon Bank it would be difficult for me.

I think if we were to do one it would be for the older games, provided everyone has them. Although we could do separate run-throughs if people don't so everybody can do one.

I like the NFE idea :3 its more of a challenge and generally yeah

We could do something to do with the Pokemon which you're allowed to take a walk with in the Amity Square area in DPP which, excluding starters and Nat. Dex mons are:
Pikachu
Clefairy
Psyduck
Pachirisu
Drifloon
Buneary
Happiny

Of course two of these are evolved forms of baby Pokemon and Pachirisu has no evolutions but I think it's a nice little theme, although I'm open to any other suggestions :3

Mega Typhlosion

Username:

Timezone (GMT Format): GMT+1 (Netherlands so it will be GMT+2 half the year I think)

also Reshiram

Competitive Corner Application
Division: Dark Flame
Experience with competitive battling: 9 in OU don't know everything about other tiers
Apprentice/Master: Master

Accepted in the guild and the competitive corner ;) Welcome.
Feel free to suggest stuff for the competitive corner, be it challenges, CCATs, debate topics, and so on.

Wait for snivy trainer to get to you about the war team and Romeo32 to accept you intoo the Smash League.

@Ponymon, I don't think I'll join a runthrough just yet because I still have my AS to finish and I want to train a Gardevoir for my VGC team as well, but feel free to take charge of it. I'll add the details to the Casual Corner post later. We can offer points for some achievements, like soloing Clair with a NFE in SoulSilver, or finish the E4 without using any Revive, and so on. We can also stimulate battles between each other every now and then, like after the 1st gym, after the 4th, before the E4, and so on.

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty

Accepted, I'll PM you possible test times.

Anyway I'm all ears for a runthrough; love them. NFE sounds interesting but will it work in practice? I don't know, but I wouldn't mind trying it actually. I like monotypes/nuzlockes for challenges personally - Nuzlockes are where you catch the first Pokemon on a route, no repeats, if your Pokemon faints you cannot use it again & Monotypes are where you use just one type of Pokemon (e.g. Fire types, Electric types, etc.). I think we should also consider what games people have that they can restart; I have LeafGreen, Emerald/Ruby, Platinum, HeartGold, Black and if desired X and Omega Ruby (but I haven't beaten AS yet). Once we take those into consideration then we can choose the challenge since it makes sense that we all play the same games/generations.

Romeo32

Denied. Your app is missing something. Reread the Smash League rules and try again.

As for games that I could do run through on I have FireRed, Sapphire, Black, White, White 2 and X. Unfortunately I lost all my Gen 4 games a while back and I haven't been able to find reasonably priced replacements :(. I'm still in favor of an NFE run through, but the Amity Park thing is a bit too restrictive IMO. Monotype might be fun too.

Kitt Geekazaru

Infernape Trainer
Falcon punch,
Why did i get accepted in the war team without a test?

I believe that was accepted for testing. I also think that your entire form needs to be copied/pasted anew, or to edit the previous one. Or Romeo could be a bit lenient.

Either way, welcome to the guild (and eventually the league)

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
Falcon punch,
Why did i get accepted in the war team without a test?

I accepted you for testing, plus we haven't got a war team yet. So technically I'll be accepting anyone until the war team is complete, and then anyone else wishing to participate will either be a sub or simply denied. So you're on the war team whatever happens really unless you lose terribly (like 6-0 which is unlikely to happen) so congrats I guess. Still got to test you though.

I haven't got much to add, although based on the fact I think Ponymon hasn't got FR/LG or R/S/E & Romeo32 hasn't got any Gen 4 games we'll be doing Gen 5, unless someone doesn't have a Gen 5 game to play.

Username: Young Xehanort
Division: Bright Flames
Experience: Less than a year competitively, 4 years online, 6 years of Pokemon.
Timezone: GMT -6
Availability for testing: 4-6 GMT -6 Mon-Fri

Really rusty because I've been Smashing for the past few months, but I'm gonna try this out.

Spacial

procrastination
Denied. Your app is missing something. Reread the Smash League rules and try again.

As for games that I could do run through on I have FireRed, Sapphire, Black, White, White 2 and X. Unfortunately I lost all my Gen 4 games a while back and I haven't been able to find reasonably priced replacements :(. I'm still in favor of an NFE run through, but the Amity Park thing is a bit too restrictive IMO. Monotype might be fun too.

Ah what a shame! I've also lost my Pearl, which was my first ever and most prized Pokemon game D: I have so many great memories of it... If you're looking for replacements try eBay, there's 4th Gen games for under £10 there.

5th Gen is fine with me although I don't know if I'd be willing to restart any of my games :/ definitely not Black, B2 I've spent quite some time on and would be uncomfortable deleting, White I bought off my brother and has all of his prized Pokemon on it from when he used to play an W2 I still haven't removed from its packaging...

Kitt Geekazaru

Infernape Trainer
I think I have a Black 2 game that I have barely gotten into, so that could work. To be honest, I've never played the B/W sequels all the way through before. I always make it to the World Tournament thing and stop there. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.