• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ring of Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Romeo32

I'd like to borrow a Pokémon!

Username: Romeo32
Timezone & Availability to trade: GMT-6, 4-11 pm my time on weekdays and all day on weekends

I'd like to get:

Pokémon: Cottonee
Shiny (Y/N): N
Nature: Impish
Level: 1
Ability: Prankster
IVs: 31/31/31/31/x/31
Moves: Encore, Memento, Switcheroo, Grasswhistle

Timezone & Availability to trade: GMT-6, 4-11 pm my time on weekdays and all day on weekends

I'd like to get:

Pokémon: Aerodactyl
Nature: Jolly
Level: 21
Ability: Unnerve
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31
Moves: Roar, Agility, Wide Guard, Tailwind

Last edited:

Mega Typhlosion

I'd like to get:

Pokémon: Cottonee
Nature: Impish
Level: 1
Ability: Prankster
IVs: 31/31/31/31/x/31
Moves: Encore, Memento, Switcheroo, Grasswhistle

I'd like to get:

Pokémon: Aerodactyl
Nature: Jolly
Level: 21
Ability: Unnerve
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31
Moves: Roar, Agility, Wide Guard, Tailwind

Both accepted, I can probably trade today at the usual times (after 6pm GMT). If not, other weekdays after 6pm or weekend (almost) all day.

Btw, Whimsicott is a real pain in VGC. I had a lot of fun with it as a Taiwind setter in my previous team. I even have a video on XY which I called "The Wrath of Whimsicott" where it basically disrupted my opponent's entire team by itself lol

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
I don't have much to say to be honest, except what the hell was I thinking about making Mega Salamence Stall? It's not possible, it doesn't stall, it tanks. Not going to work. So we'll ignore that. I've got some other stuff to do today so I'll get along to doing that, no problem I think. Eh, who knows. I'm having doubts on my tournament team so I'll be changing and editing that, nothing too major.

Wego

WeCounting Stars
Hey guys I need some help I have two Groundons one with jolly and the other has timid I don't play Ubers so I do know how many EVs I will has to put in on the note I alright EV trained the timid one with max special and max speed so can someone help.

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
Timid Groudon isn't ever seen, and I can't say Jolly is either actually. But I suppose Earth Power / Solarbeam / Lava Plume / Rock Polish or Thunder Wave could be an alright set for the Timid one; Max Speed would be fine though since it gets the jump on other base 90's who run Jolly and base 95's like Rayquaza who don't possess a Speed-boosting nature. Likewise Jolly goes Max Speed for the same reasons, and its moveset could be anything really.

Username: Mike the Fire
3DS Friend Code: 4699-8277-4613
PS Name:Mongo
Desired Division: Open to any
Favorite activity in game: Training and completing the main story.
Favorite Battle Tier:
Referrer: Read about guilds on Forum
About you: My friend, Reshiram, instructed me to tell ya'll about me. Well here it goes; I am an older player, 48, to be more exact. My Wife and our three kids all play Pokemon. My first game was Pokemon Red. As my name implies I like... no LOVE to train fire Types. I have collect all the non legendary fire types for Pokemon Y and intend on doing the same for Sapphire. I just got Sapphire for Christmas and have only barely started that journey.

Last edited:

Mikazuki Marazhu

of the Furry Fandom
Redoing my Application (This is embarrassing)

Username: Marazhu
3DS Friend Code: 2681-1843-8582
PS Name: Marazhu Mallun
Desired Division: Bright Flames Division
Favorite activity in game: Battling/Collecting Pokemon
Favorite Battle Tier: Mixed but will never touch uber tiers (Please refer to my trainer card).
Referrer: None
About you: I've been a pokemon fan for 6 years. I never look at pokemon as a hardcore competative videogame. It's just recent that I learned more about smogon rules and whatnot. For the past few days, I've managed to pull of some wins in Battle Spot, proving I can carry myself very well in battles (So long as no one uses uber tier pokemons) Did I mention I'm playing ORAS and I love "Reshiram?" The Truth Shall Set You Free!".

Mega Typhlosion

Username: Mike the Fire
3DS Friend Code: 4699-8277-4613
PS Name:Mongo
Desired Division: Open to any
Favorite activity in game: Training and completing the main story.
Favorite Battle Tier:
Referrer: Read about guilds on Forum
About you: My friend, Reshiram, instructed me to tell ya'll about me. Well here it goes; I am an older player, 48, to be more exact. My Wife and our three kids all play Pokemon. My first game was Pokemon Red. As my name implies I like... no LOVE to train fire Types. I have collect all the non legendary fire types for Pokemon Y and intend on doing the same for Sapphire. I just got Sapphire for Christmas and have only barely started that journey.

Redoing my Application (This is embarrassing)

Username: Marazhu
3DS Friend Code: 2681-1843-8582
PS Name: Marazhu Mallun
Desired Division: Bright Flames Division
Favorite activity in game: Battling/Collecting Pokemon
Favorite Battle Tier: Mixed but will never touch uber tiers (Please refer to my trainer card).
Referrer: None
About you: I've been a pokemon fan for 6 years. I never look at pokemon as a hardcore competative videogame. It's just recent that I learned more about smogon rules and whatnot. For the past few days, I've managed to pull of some wins in Battle Spot, proving I can carry myself very well in battles (So long as no one uses uber tier pokemons) Did I mention I'm playing ORAS and I love "Reshiram?" The Truth Shall Set You Free!".

Both accepted! Enjoy your time in here ;) Mike please pick a division so I can add you. It's only a matter of which one appeals more to you.

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
I was talking to Ekans647 last night about some stuff (mainly competitive) and we've decided to try and build a Ubers team together. So I can build an OU team here in between since I need a new OU team anyway. I like my current bulky offensive one but I feel a new one is required, so I shall be building a new one. Mega Diancie or Mega Beedrill, since they're my main 2 teambuilding options.

Last edited:
ok then ummmmmm bright flames heh. and thanks

Howdy everyone,

I am glad to be here in Ring of Fire. My name Is Mike the Fire trainer, and as the name says I love fire types. In Pokemon I use either Mongo or Cofey. I hope to be a credit to the guild. As soon as I remember hoe to update my signature I will do so. Also I sent out a few 3DS friend requests. Please accept them, I love to use the O powers in both Y and Sapphire.

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
Howdy everyone,

I am glad to be here in Ring of Fire. My name Is Mike the Fire trainer, and as the name says I love fire types. In Pokemon I use either Mongo or Cofey. I hope to be a credit to the guild. As soon as I remember hoe to update my signature I will do so. Also I sent out a few 3DS friend requests. Please accept them, I love to use the O powers in both Y and Sapphire.

Welcome to the guild! I also welcome Mikazuki Marazhu, hope you both enjoy your time here.

Well I've decided to build an RU team because screw OU. Nah, I was reading the RU Metagame Discussion Thread, and it seems like a really fun tier with few annoying bans or flaws, and everything there is apparently relatively balanced. So many offensive and defensive threats, got to respect that. Plus there's no Smogon ORAS RU teams about, so it'd be entirely new. I need to decide on Stall or bulky offense though, since both are viable.

Last edited:

Wego

WeCounting Stars
Snivy trainer I think you should go down one more tier and see the beauty that is NU I'm a lover of this wonderful tier Wego crazy for NU but for real I'm just hoping I can find more NU player like myself.

m'kay I am lost here. What is an RU team, NU team, or even a Smogon ORAS team? Are these Smash Brother teams or Competitive Pokemon teams?

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
m'kay I am lost here. What is an RU team, NU team, or even a Smogon ORAS team? Are these Smash Brother teams or Competitive Pokemon teams?

I will assume you're new to all of this: Smogon is the competitive... forefront if you will for competitive Pokemon. It puts all the Pokemon that exist into tiers based on how many people use them or how strong these Pokemon are. The tiers are Ubers, Overused (OU), Underused (UU), Rarelyused (RU), Neverused (NU), Partially-used (PU), Little Cup (LC, for Pokemon who haven't evolved) and technically there's Not-Fully-Evolved (NFE) plus Smogon Doubles, VGC and some other random stuff. Not everyone likes having people decide who should be in what tier but I don't mind personally until they start banning everything. Pokemon move up or down these tiers either on suspect tests were people vote on whether that Pokemon is too powerful/centralizing to the tier or they move based on usage; if a Pokemon is used lots it'll be in a higher tier (there's a percentage I think) and if it's not used much it'll drop to a few tiers. If of course it becomes too powerful in that tier it goes to one of the borderlines, as discussed below.

In between those tiers are the borderlines - there's no Borderline between Ubers and OU since Ubers by definition was a banlist of Pokemon too strong for OU until recently where Mega Rayquaza had to be banned from there to Anything Goes, making Ubers a defined tier. But there's Borderline (BL) between OU & UU, BL2 between UU and RU and BL3 between RU and NU. These simply mean the Pokemon in BL are too strong for the lower tier but aren't used enough for the higher tier, but can be used in the higher tier.

I am trying to build an RU team; Wego and Mikazuki Marazhu obviously like to build NU teams. There's a lot of choice in NU I agree, but I don't particularly like that since there's so much to deal with. I like RU; it's colourful. Although PU is looking like a rather nice tier I might try out, no-one plays it though.

http://www.smogon.com/smog/issue37/introduction-to-pu

Stuff for me, read it if you want though.

Last edited:

Mikazuki Marazhu

of the Furry Fandom
Just to add... Any pokemon lower than OU tier can join OU tier battle, although this is your discretion and if you manage to pull it off.. Kudos to you.
Mike... I understand that you love your pokemons and wont breed your way through, I admire that although if you don't agree with pokebreeding perhaps you should consider your pokemon's movesets

Snivy Would you consider battling if 50% of the opponent's pokemon is NU?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.