• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ring of Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
Username: snivy trainer
3DS Friend Code: 3926-5601-2329
PS Name: Snivy Trainer / snivy trainer / Lord of the Llamas
Desired Division: Dark Flames
Favorite activity in game: Battling people
Favorite Battle Tier: UU, although I don't have a UU team
Referrer: Fire Hero
About you: I was a member of THT before it became closed. I regularly attempt to build competitive teams in a variety of tiers although I'd like to shift my focus down to UU and RU permanently rather than OU (although I will build some OU teams for wars). I play World of Warcraft and Skyrim relatively frequently as well, love jelly beans and I sincerely hope we can once again rebuild a name for ourselves.

Oh, and if I get accepted:
Division: Dark Flames (hopefully)
Experience: Damn... 2 years nearly of competitive? Start of BW anyway, so yeah. Plus I ran the War Team in THT (get rekt)
Activity [time available to organize wars, direct the other team members and test new members]: Well my schedule isn't too bad so far, although I can see it decreasing during the summer months when I have school tests to revise for

All right, let's go! Oh, and I prefer Zekrom to Reshiram btw.

Last edited:

Mega Typhlosion

Username: ThisIsPatrick
3DS Friend Code: 2852 9641 5180
PS Name: N/A
Desired Division: Bright Flames
Favorite activity in game: Catching Pokemon
Favorite Battle Tier: UU
About you: I was in THT formerly and loved it, Can't wait to start doing Guild stuff again, Bring on the Ring of Fire.Cough Cough Reshiram

Accepted! Welcome to the guild ^^

I would like to donate some Pokémon!

Username: WhyBuffet
Timezone & Availability to trade: Almost anytime (GMT -5)

Pokémon: Phanpy
Shiny (Y/N): N
Nature: Adamant
Level: 30
Ability: Pickup
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31 (flawless)
Moves:
Rollout
Natural Gift
Slam
Ice Shard (Egg Move)

Pokémon: Barboach
Nature: Adamant
Level: 40
Ability: Oblivious
IVs: 31/31/31/x/31/31
Moves:
Rest
Snore
Aqua Tail
Earthquake

Pokémon: Numel
Nature: Quiet
Level: 22
Ability: Simple
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/x
Moves:
Focus Energy
Flame Burst
Amnesia
Lava Plume

This will max out my donations for FP.

Donations accepted ;) I'll be around in the next few hours, hit me with a PM once you're on.

3DS Friend Code: 3926-5601-2329
PS Name: Snivy Trainer / snivy trainer / Lord of the Llamas
Favorite activity in game: Battling people
Favorite Battle Tier: UU, although I don't have a UU team
About you: I was a member of THT before it became closed. I regularly attempt to build competitive teams in a variety of tiers although I'd like to shift my focus down to UU and RU permanently rather than OU (although I will build some OU teams for wars). I play World of Warcraft and Skyrim relatively frequently as well, love jelly beans and I sincerely hope we can once again rebuild a name for ourselves.

Oh, and if I get accepted:
Division: Dark Flames (hopefully)
Experience: Damn... 2 years nearly of competitive? Start of BW anyway, so yeah. Plus I ran the War Team in THT (get rekt)
Activity [time available to organize wars, direct the other team members and test new members]: Well my schedule isn't too bad so far, although I can see it decreasing during the summer months when I have school tests to revise for

All right, let's go! Oh, and I prefer Zekrom to Reshiram btw.

Accepted! Welcome ;) About the war team I think you can have it as well since you have some experience on it.
From now on those who apply to the war team must be tested by you. Feel free to send me some info you want added to the post as well as any change in the application form.

PS: Zekrom sucks, look what it did to Kyurem! Even Smogon thinks Kyurem is much better with Reshiram :p

I'd also like to remind everyone to take a look at the competitive corner ;) It may be interesting for some of us.

Last edited:

WhyBuffet

Pokémon Breeder
qRAzPkF.png

Once you have reached the final rank, your journey is not yet over.
Once you have earned even more MP, you will have arrived...
Once you have arrived, good things will happen...​

Last edited:

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
Accepted! Welcome ;) About the war team I think you can have it as well since you have some experience on it.
From now on those who apply to the war team must be tested by you. Feel free to send me some info you want added to the post as well as any change in the application form.

I'd also like to remind everyone to take a look at the competitive corner ;) It may be interesting for some of us.

It feels so odd to have to be accepted into a guild... an experience I haven't had for so many years. Lets keep it that way again shall we? I'm going to be building a UU team; it's a tier not many play (perhaps we should do a tournament on it once we've got more members) but I'd like to try out. Lots of powerful Pokemon. RU was another one but since it's going through suspect testing I'm staying away. I'd like to build around something new and exciting, such as a new Mega or something like Serperior or Emboar. In UU there're plenty of bulky Water types, so Serperior would work well here.

Kingsnake (Serperior) @ Life Orb
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spe
Timid Nature (+Spe/-Atk)
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power {Fire}
- Giga Drain / Knock Off

Simple wallbreaking + sweeping set for Serperior. 75/95/95 bulk is pretty spectacular coupled with such a wonderful 113 base Speed. Blastoise, Milotic, Sharpedo, Suicune, Starmie, Swampert and Vaporeon all fear this thing since once it comes in on them they're screwed. It's not a counter since it can be beaten by them, but it's a damn good check provided it switches in correctly. Therefore Pokemon who love bulky Water types gone will love Serperior. Crobat is a pain in the *** for Serperior to handle, as is any decently bulky Fire type like Chandelure, Arcanine and Rotom- H. Dragon types don't want to be hit by +2 Dragon Pulse but Goodra, Mega Ampharos and Noivern either have the bulk to take such hits or are immune to/4x resist Grass so need to be dealt with. Quite a lot to do, but not impossible.

Luckily Crobat isn't too strong offensively and loses to most Steel types, as do many of the Dragon types. Bulky Water types beat Crobat and also defeat Fire types, so that's good. CB Crobat only just 3HKOes defensive Swampert, CroCune or Alomomola, my primary choices. Steel types are pretty much Mega Aggron, Jirachi, Doublade, Magneton and possibly Mawile (is it even viable?). Problem is that Noivern and Goodra 2HKO them all, which sucks. So it may be that I find a direct solution to my Dragon type issues with a Fairy type or something; Florges works alright as does Aromatisse. Could run Slurpuff for the lols. Who knows?

Mega Typhlosion

It feels so odd to have to be accepted into a guild... an experience I haven't had for so many years. Lets keep it that way again shall we? I'm going to be building a UU team; it's a tier not many play (perhaps we should do a tournament on it once we've got more members) but I'd like to try out. Lots of powerful Pokemon. RU was another one but since it's going through suspect testing I'm staying away. I'd like to build around something new and exciting, such as a new Mega or something like Serperior or Emboar. In UU there're plenty of bulky Water types, so Serperior would work well here.

Kingsnake (Serperior) @ Life Orb
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spe
Timid Nature (+Spe/-Atk)
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power {Fire}
- Giga Drain / Knock Off

Simple wallbreaking + sweeping set for Serperior. 75/95/95 bulk is pretty spectacular coupled with such a wonderful 113 base Speed. Blastoise, Milotic, Sharpedo, Suicune, Starmie, Swampert and Vaporeon all fear this thing since once it comes in on them they're screwed. It's not a counter since it can be beaten by them, but it's a damn good check provided it switches in correctly. Therefore Pokemon who love bulky Water types gone will love Serperior. Crobat is a pain in the *** for Serperior to handle, as is any decently bulky Fire type like Chandelure, Arcanine and Rotom- H. Dragon types don't want to be hit by +2 Dragon Pulse but Goodra, Mega Ampharos and Noivern either have the bulk to take such hits or are immune to/4x resist Grass so need to be dealt with. Quite a lot to do, but not impossible.

Luckily Crobat isn't too strong offensively and loses to most Steel types, as do many of the Dragon types. Bulky Water types beat Crobat and also defeat Fire types, so that's good. CB Crobat only just 3HKOes defensive Swampert, CroCune or Alomomola, my primary choices. Steel types are pretty much Mega Aggron, Jirachi, Doublade, Magneton and possibly Mawile (is it even viable?). Problem is that Noivern and Goodra 2HKO them all, which sucks. So it may be that I find a direct solution to my Dragon type issues with a Fairy type or something; Florges works alright as does Aromatisse. Could run Slurpuff for the lols. Who knows?

Ohh, Serperior :p The new toy of competitive lol

snivy, you should join the competitive corner and use your teambuilding skills to help the others who may join ;) You have more experience in teambuilding than the entire guild since you've started some hundreds of them :p

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
Ohh, Serperior :p The new toy of competitive lol

snivy, you should join the competitive corner and use your teambuilding skills to help the others who may join ;) You have more experience in teambuilding than the entire guild since you've started some hundreds of them :p

I know, fitting for me considering my name. And very well:

Division: Dark Flames
Experience with competitive battling: 2 years of teambuilding and battling, hoping this year to enter some big Showdown tournaments
Apprentice/Master: Master

WhyBuffet

Pokémon Breeder
Username: WhyBuffet
Experience with competitive battling: I've been battling competitively since Black and White, and I do alright, but I want to learn how to construct a proper team, rather than what I'm doing now (which is throwing 6 Pokémon on a team and hoping for the best).
Apprentice/Master: Apprentice

Mega Typhlosion

Accepted both of you ;) I'll add you to the lists.

The idea with the academy is to promote activities like CCATs and competitive analyses to introduce people to competitive stuff, as well as promote debates about the metagames and stuff. Same for the VGC corner since a lot of people don't play it regularly and it's a very different metagame.

Btw, new banners/headers for the divisions, the competitive and casual corners and the war team ^^

LynxForte

The Phoenix
I'm waiting to see how long it takes Serperior to jump to OU. I've been writing down sobe potential sets, but haven't tested then out yet. Scarf and Specs have been the 2 I constantly go back to

Username: Casskingdra
3DS Friend Code: 0232-8416-1838
PS Name: Casskingdra
Favorite activity in game: Contests!!
Favorite Battle Tier: Inverse (does that count? if not then RU)
About you: I'm a very small pokétuber from the UK. I like Shaymin a little bit. I do music pretty much all the time. I wish I had eyes as blue as Reshiram?

JohnMango95

Loyal magma grunt
i'm really glad to be back in a guild, it's been quite a while!
i'm thinking about delving back into competitive. maybe somthing OU, i don't know for sure.
i'd like to have sableye on my team. aside from that, if anyone has any ideas what i should use with that, i would be really grateful.

Last edited:

Mega Typhlosion

Username: Casskingdra
3DS Friend Code: 0232-8416-1838
PS Name: Casskingdra
Favorite activity in game: Contests!!
Favorite Battle Tier: Inverse (does that count? if not then RU)
About you: I'm a very small pokétuber from the UK. I like Shaymin a little bit. I do music pretty much all the time. I wish I had eyes as blue as Reshiram?

Accepted :D Welcome! And yes inverse counts as a tier ^^

also, does anyone know how to add the Userbar into the Signature?

Right-click, choose "Copy image URL" (or something) and insert it as a pic in your signature.

Last edited:

Romeo32

I'm waiting to see how long it takes Serperior to jump to OU. I've been writing down sobe potential sets, but haven't tested then out yet. Scarf and Specs have been the 2 I constantly go back to
I'm not gonna count it out quite yet, but I don't think Serperior will go up to OU, and if it does, it'll be pretty tough to use. First of all, its move pool is trash, and it relies heavily on Hidden Power for coverage against many common threats like HO Fire for Ferro and Scizor or HP Ground for Heatran. Talonflame and Heatean both completely wreck it, and they're both super common in OU. However, Serperior completely destroys Rotom-W, and I can see it being a decent late game sweeper. Only time will tell I suppose, but I think he definitely has a niche in OU.

On another note, a lot of my real-life friends have started playing the VGC format and I'm very unfamiliar/uncomfortable with it as of right now, but it seems fun so I'm going to try to get into it also so I can keep my position of Pokemon Master secure.

VCG Corner Application
Username: Romeo32
Division: Bright Flames
Experience with VGC: I've had about 3 VGC battles in my entire life and those were with teams of six random pokes made for singles thrown together
Apprentice/Master: Apprentice

Last edited:

LynxForte

The Phoenix
I'm not gonna count it out quite yet, but I don't think Serperior will go up to OU, and if it does, it'll be pretty tough to use. First of all, its move pool is trash, and it relies heavily on Hidden Power for coverage against many common threats like HO Fire for Ferro and Scizor or HP Ground for Heatran. Talonflame and Heatean both completely wreck it, and they're both super common in OU. However, Serperior completely destroys Rotom-W, and I can see it being a decent late game sweeper. Only time will tell I suppose, but I think he definitely has a niche in OU.

Speaking of Unova starters, I've been trying to get into the lower tiers lately, mainly UU and RU, and I really want to use a Reckless Emboar and just Flare Blitz all the things. Maybe I'll make a team this weekend and try my luck.

That's all I meant. It's gonna have use in OU. Will probably style in UU

Username: Young Xehanort
3DS Friend Code: 3995-6665-4886
PS Name: Comboman77
Desired Division: Bright Flames Divison
Favorite activity in game: Completing the Pokedex
Favorite Battle Tier: OU
Referrer: Kitt.
About you: Been around Guilds for a long while, took a break and now I'm back. I've always been a huge supporter of the overall concept of "fire", bought every Pokemon version related to fire, including Pokemon Black with Reshiram.

Kitt Geekazaru

Infernape Trainer
Username: Kitt Geekazaru
3DS Friend Code: to be edited in
PS Name: DreadFighterOwain
Favorite activity in game: Secret Bases
Referrer: Young Xehanort
About you: Former THT member. Plays Smash. Rides freelo with Reshiram. Back from inactivity.

Competitive Corner Application
Experience with competitive battling: Less than a year.
Apprentice/Master: Apprentice.

War Team Application
Experience: Medium. I'm not as familiar with the meta as I would like, but I would make a good substitute at least.

Last edited:

Mega Typhlosion

Username: Young Xehanort
3DS Friend Code: 3995-6665-4886
PS Name: Comboman77
Desired Division: Bright Flames Divison
Favorite activity in game: Completing the Pokedex
Favorite Battle Tier: OU
Referrer: Kitt.
About you: Been around Guilds for a long while, took a break and now I'm back. I've always been a huge supporter of the overall concept of "fire", bought every Pokemon version related to fire, including Pokemon Black with Reshiram.

Accepted. Welcome to the guild, and hope you enjoy your time here ;)

3DS Friend Code: to be edited in
PS Name: DreadFighterOwain
Favorite activity in game: Secret Bases
Referrer: Young Xehanort
About you: Former THT member. Plays Smash. Rides freelo with Reshiram. Back from inactivity.

Competitive Corner Application
Experience with competitive battling: Less than a year.
Apprentice/Master: Apprentice.

War Team Application
Experience: Medium. I'm not as familiar with the meta as I would like, but I would make a good substitute at least.

Accepted for both the guild and the competitive corner.

About the war team, snivy will be the one to test and approve you.

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
The idea with the academy is to promote activities like CCATs and competitive analyses to introduce people to competitive stuff, as well as promote debates about the metagames and stuff. Same for the VGC corner since a lot of people don't play it regularly and it's a very different metagame.

OK, well we can make a CCAT or do some analysis stuff once some more members come online. Figured it'd be a good idea to do the Unova Starters (or at least Emboar & Serperior) since those 2 will have some form of effect on the current tiers - Emboar has a ton of power behind Reckless Choice Band Flare Blitz/Wild Charge/Head Smash, although it's actually weaker than Darmanitan. Serperior is super fast and can boost it's Special Attack to crazy levels with it's STAB Leaf Storm. Opinions?

War Team Application

VM me when you're about, and I'll test you. I'm not going to be on for a solid amount of time this weekend, but I will be around if you want to send me potential times.

Maybe it would be a wise idea to ask for GMT in the war sign-up? Easy way of keeping track of things, means potential enemy war teams will be able to see our availability.

I don't actually think it'll reach OU. Pokemon either rise by usage or by suspect testing, and to be honest I don't think Serperior will make it out of UU. It's got a solid role being a powerful Grass type sweeper with +2 Leaf Storm to wreck the bulky Water types but is checked or countered by every Dragon, Fire or Flying type in the tier. It'll be used in OU (I might use it) since it's solid at checking and beating stuff at +2 - Rotom- Wash & Landorus- Therian will both lose to this thing if it hits them with enough attacks, and then proceed to wreck house with a Speed stat that outpaces the Lati twins/Mega Metagross/Mega Gallade. Talonflame and Heatran are still problems although depending on the Hidden Power will beat them but then loses to the other Steel types. UU at worst, BL at best with a solid OU niche, as Romeo32 put it.

Status
Not open for further replies.