• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ring of Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spacial

procrastination
Ah, that Poliwrath brings back memories of the Gym Leader in Johto with one and when I used Poliwrath on my SS ingame team as well because I found a Poliwag in the water in Ecrutahigiveup City ^~^

Anyway I've thought of a great 6th member of my VGC team (which is a Rain team that consists of Politoed, Weavile, Volcarona, Swampert, Thundurus and the Pokemon of which I am about to write) which is Scizor. It nicely checks Hyper Voice Sylveon and other Fairies, and also has less damage dealt to it by Fire types due to the rain. I also kinda need a nice offensive Pokemon. I just need to answer two questions about it - what set should I use, and to Mega evolve or not to Mega evolve? I have no experience with Scizor so I'm not sure. Bullet Punch feels like a necessity but I'd also like to have a stronger Steel type move to deal with Faries...

I also realise that there's a lot of type overlapping in my team but if I battle well and they're balanced anyway I don't see the harm.

EDIT: Looked on Smogon. This seems to be the go-to Doubles/VGC Scizor set. According to the description, Bullet Punch has 90 base power after STAB and Technician.

Scizor @ Scizorite/Lum Berry
Ability: Technician
EVs: 164 HP / 252 Atk / 92 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Protect

Last edited:

WhyBuffet

Pokémon Breeder
I was doing some thinking today, and it occurred to me... I really miss playing Gen V; it's my favourite generation of all time, and it brings back such wonderful memories.
Then I remembered that I have a shoe box in my closet, which contains a Game Boy Advance, a Nintendo DS, a Nintendo 3DS, and Pokémon Red, Silver, LeafGreen, Emerald, Platinum, SoulSilver, Black, and Black 2.
So, I'm breaking that bad boy open and starting up another Pokémon Black adventure! Starting a new journey is always the most exciting part! :D

Anyway, if people need breeding/training services done, or if anybody wants to battle, I'll still be available for all that.

Spacial

procrastination
Gotta breed this quick before Saturday in case I get a chance to go to the regoinals - I'd like to borrow a Pokémon!

Username: Ponymon
Timezone & Availability to trade: I don't think I can trade today but hopefully tomorrow at 6pm GMT

I'd like to get:

Pokémon: Scyther
Shiny (Y/N): N
Nature: Adamant
Level: 1
IVs: 31/31/31/X/31/31
Moves: Vacuum Wave, Quick Attack, Leer

Anyways, I much prefer the older games to the new ones mainly because they don't drive you to insanity battle competitively purely because there's nothing left to do. I keep all of my games in a jewellery box and I have all of the main games and also a number of spin-offs. These are all the result of various birthdays, Christmases etc. Gen 5 was my favourite to restart (although not actually restart - I'd do the thing where you could restart without saving and without losing your old data) and I used to quite a lot. I definitely prefer the casual side of Pokemon to the competitive side. Good luck in your little Pokemon Black adventure :3

Last edited:

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
So has there been any progress as to this runthrough thing we were planning to do? I'm really interested in doing that (love my runthroughs) and I'd like to do that, as a more casual guild thing. What generation of games will we do? Who would be interested in doing that?

Spacial

procrastination
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/battlespotdoublesvgc2015-213528483 This is what Scizor is for.

Yeah I'd like to do our little causal run-through so I think depending on which games people have we're doing either gen 4 or gen 5. Previously we were planning B/W2 but is everyone okay with doing it? I myself would prefer a different game but I don't mind if it's the only thing that everyone has themselves. For example I recently bought Platinum for £5 off a friend and have yet to go through it properly, although idk - what does everyone think?

Romeo32

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/battlespotdoublesvgc2015-213528483 This is what Scizor is for.

Yeah I'd like to do our little causal run-through so I think depending on which games people have we're doing either gen 4 or gen 5. Previously we were planning B/W2 but is everyone okay with doing it? I myself would prefer a different game but I don't mind if it's the only thing that everyone has themselves. For example I recently bought Platinum for £5 off a friend and have yet to go through it properly, although idk - what does everyone think?
It's either Gen 5 or Gen 3 for me. I wish I had Gen 4 but maybe I'll be able to procure a copy of Platinum soon for a future run through :/

Last edited:

Mega Typhlosion

Gotta breed this quick before Saturday in case I get a chance to go to the regoinals - I'd like to borrow a Pokémon!

Username: Ponymon
Timezone & Availability to trade: I don't think I can trade today but hopefully tomorrow at 6pm GMT

I'd like to get:

Pokémon: Scyther
IVs: 31/31/31/X/31/31
Moves: Vacuum Wave, Quick Attack, Leer

Anyways, I much prefer the older games to the new ones mainly because they don't drive you to insanity battle competitively purely because there's nothing left to do. I keep all of my games in a jewellery box and I have all of the main games and also a number of spin-offs. These are all the result of various birthdays, Christmases etc. Gen 5 was my favourite to restart (although not actually restart - I'd do the thing where you could restart without saving and without losing your old data) and I used to quite a lot. I definitely prefer the casual side of Pokemon to the competitive side. Good luck in your little Pokemon Black adventure :3

Ponymon, I'll be on to trade you the Scyther tomorrow after 6pm. Send me a VM once you get on, I'll try to pay attention.
If you feel you have no time you can always ask one of the other breeders in here to breed you one of those. LynxForte bred me a Honedge in a matter of minutes

This reminds me I have to level up my Honedge in time for the WiFi competition as well!

WhyBuffet

Pokémon Breeder
I started on my Black playthrough earlier today. I was really into it, until someone came over and ruined my Pokémon mood with some not-so-good news.
In addition, I have only now realized that March is fast approaching, and I have something of a March tradition: I can it Mario & Luigi March Madness.
It's when I play all the handheld Mario & Luigi RPGs (Superstar Saga, Partners in Time, Bowser's Inside Story, and Dream Team) back-to-back.
With March starting in less than a week, I don't want to rush through my Black playthrough.
So I'm putting my Pokémon Black playthrough on hold.

Last edited:

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
I started on my Black playthrough earlier today. I was really into it, until someone came over and ruined my Pokémon mood with some not-so-good news.
In addition, I have only now realized that March is fast approaching, and I have something of a March tradition: I can it Mario & Luigi March Madness.
It's when I play all the handheld Mario & Luigi RPGs (Superstar Saga, Partners in Time, Bowser's Inside Story, and Dream Team) back-to-back.
With March starting in less than a week, I don't want to rush through my Black playthrough.
So I'm putting my Pokémon Black playthrough on hold.

That's cool. Considering everyone else will probably be playing BW/BW2 in the next month or so it means you can participate in the runthrough activities in the guild. I don't believe it's a race or anything, just some casual gaming which I feel is what we're designed for guild-wise, although this is a lot more competitive compared to THT which is awesome.

On that point, I've decided to switch from PU to RU after seeing the potential tier switches: Pangoro & Moltres are probably leaving RU and I think Mega Steelix & Heliolisk are returning back to RU. So it's looking to be a really fun tier to play in, with lots of viable Pokemon to run. I'll get to planning later. Oh by the way me and Ekans647 finished our Ubers Stall team, so I'm also testing that.

Romeo32

I would like to donate a Pokémon!

Username: Romeo32
Timezone & Availability to trade: GMT-6, after 3:30
Pokémon: Heracross
Ability: Moxie
IVs: 31/31/31/x/31/31
Moves: Horn Attack, Endure, Rock Blast, Megahorn

Got an extra 5iv during my latest breeding project. If you can't tell by my avatar I'm pretty excited about it. ;]

Spacial

procrastination
I don't need the Scyther anymore sorry, I found one and just bred it myself. I'm not going to be able to get Thundurus for my team on time so I've decided to replace it, possibly with Rotom-M. The rest of my team is almost good to go.

So for the runthrough should we choose a specific challenge (such as NFE or Nuzlock) to use or should we just play through it? I'd rather do a challenge because it adds some variation.

WhyBuffet

Pokémon Breeder
I don't need the Scyther anymore sorry, I found one and just bred it myself. I'm not going to be able to get Thundurus for my team on time so I've decided to replace it, possibly with Rotom-M. The rest of my team is almost good to go.

So for the runthrough should we choose a specific challenge (such as NFE or Nuzlock) to use or should we just play through it? I'd rather do a challenge because it adds some variation.

I think that for our first guild-wide runthorough we should just stick with a standard runthrough; let people go at their own pace through the games and come back here to share noteworthy stories and experiences. It's been a while since I've done a runthrough and I would rather go through it at my own speed rather than a Nuzlocke.

Also, the HA Johto starters are now live! If anyone does NOT have access to Pokémon Bank and would like the starters, let me know and I'd be more than happy to breed them up for you!

Mega Typhlosion

I would like to donate a Pokémon!

Username: Romeo32
Timezone & Availability to trade: GMT-6, after 3:30
Pokémon: Heracross
Ability: Moxie
IVs: 31/31/31/x/31/31
Moves: Horn Attack, Endure, Rock Blast, Megahorn

Got an extra 5iv during my latest breeding project. If you can't tell by my avatar I'm pretty excited about it. ;]

Donation accepted. I'm on today, so PM/Vm me when you're ready for the trades.

Romeo32

Personally I think a normal run through would be pretty boring. The games aren't really that hard unless you're doing some sort of challenge. I still want to do NFE.

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
Personally I think people should choose what they want to do, since they'll be engaged that way rather than forced to do something they don't want to do. As long as we play the sames games and post our progress here I think we're fine to do whatever. Personally NFE doesn't appeal to me, whereas a monotype or a nuzlocke does. So I'll probably be doing one of those.

WhyBuffet

Pokémon Breeder
Personally I think people should choose what they want to do, since they'll be engaged that way rather than forced to do something they don't want to do. As long as we play the sames games and post our progress here I think we're fine to do whatever. Personally NFE doesn't appeal to me, whereas a monotype or a nuzlocke does. So I'll probably be doing one of those.

I agree with what snivy said, I think the choice of what type of runthrough someone wants to do should be left up to the individual Trainer.

On another note, I will be introducing a neat little feature into the guild called the Pokémon Fact of the Day. I started this feature with my brother; all I've been doing is texting him a new Pokémon factoid everyday that I've learned. I thought I would extent this feature to the guild because it's something Pokémon-related and some of the things I have learned are actually quite interesting. Besides, there's nothing better than sharing information amongst fellow Trainers!

ocdawmR.png

The attack Night Slash is named Tsujigiri in Japanese. Tsujigiri is the samurai practice of testing a new katana’s effectiveness by using it on a defenseless passerby, usually at night.

Last edited:

Romeo32

That's fair. I still think it would be a better activity overall if we all did the same thing but if we can't agree then there's no point in forcing people to do something they don't want to.

Pokémon Fact of the Day
The attack Night Slash is named Tsujigiri in Japanese. Tsujigiri is the samurai practice of testing a new katana’s effectiveness by using it on a defenseless passerby, usually at night.

That's very interesting... if disturbing...

Status
Not open for further replies.