• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ring of Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
It's been a painful morning so far; early wake-up during my holidays, my younger brother texts me telling me he's got all these powerful Pokemon in Pokemon GO (a Pidgeot, which isn't great, but it's one more than me) and half my friends are ill. Luckily the friend I'm meeting today (who's getting back into Pokemon, although she's unsure about it all) is not ill and we're going to watch Legend, which I'm pretty excited for. However that's not until this afternoon so I now need to waste a couple of hours. Teambuilding may do that, or plan some in-game teams for my holiday...

WhyBuffet

Pokémon Breeder
Sorry Summers, I already beat you to adding the new member to the spreadsheet. Welcome, Mr. Da_bomb, I hope you enjoy your time here!
Things are slow-going at the moment, but are sure to pick up once we get even closer to Sun/Moon.

By the way snivy, due to reference of this new member, you have ranked up!

Da_bomb.com

Hoenn Hype
I'm pretty excited Sun and Moon, actually. Which surprises me because I never really got into BW even though I played it, and I didn't get BW2 nor X/Y. I'm just having so much fun with Alpha Sapphire that I want to get one of them.

Also, here's something I was thinking about a few days ago, does anyone know why they stopped making a third version, like Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, and Platinum?

Shade2000

Shade in Shades
I saw some cool UK sun and moon steel boxes with figures on tumblr, and so I hopped on over to the game website to buy them and they weren't there. There was the steel box copies but I want the figures to put in my pokemon shrine that i made in my room. RIP me.

Also, all my friends at school are joining team mystic idk why, all I can tell them is they're making a wrong decision.

DJSummers

Ground-Type Champion
FINALLY A GROUND TYPE!!!!! And it has a nice new Ability to raise its Defense after a hit, I'm hoping it has a nice Sp. Def stat to go along with it. I'm also wanting to see what Mimikyu changes too once its Disguise is gone.
Comfey looks amazing, and its priority healing ability Triage will be nice for a quick healing. Bounsweet is looking alright too, wonder what it'll evolve into. Wimpod better be an easy catch because with that ability, it will causes problems for catching, during battle that'll just be awesome for an easy swap.

Hyper Training is alright, I barely used Super Training as EVing with Hordes was much faster. And the Global Link Tournaments thing will be great since we already make our own Tournaments here, just needs to let you control more on what Pokemon you want to allow entry and it'll be really good.

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
Also, here's something I was thinking about a few days ago, does anyone know why they stopped making a third version, like Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, and Platinum?

I don't know actually. Maybe they couldn't think of additional things to include in a third game? Who knows.

By the way snivy, due to reference of this new member, you have ranked up!

Oh wow, that's pretty cool.

Also, all my friends at school are joining team mystic idk why, all I can tell them is they're making a wrong decision.

The reason all your friends are joining Team Mystic is because Team Mystic is the best team there is! Duh.

FINALLY A GROUND TYPE!!!!! And it has a nice new Ability to raise its Defense after a hit, I'm hoping it has a nice Sp. Def stat to go along with it. I'm also wanting to see what Mimikyu changes too once its Disguise is gone.
Comfey looks amazing, and its priority healing ability Triage will be nice for a quick healing. Bounsweet is looking alright too, wonder what it'll evolve into. Wimpod better be an easy catch because with that ability, it will causes problems for catching, during battle that'll just be awesome for an easy swap.

Yeah, some of these new Pokemon are looking pretty good. Mudsdale and Wimpod are my favourites out of the new revealed ones, and Mimikyu has grown on me a fair bit. Bewear still looks ridiculous, but I could get behind it. Comfey and Bounsweet are... weird. Not bad, but not really. inspiring.

I think they stopped making third versions due to receiving flak from the rest of the gaming community about being a cash-grab, and about halting progression of new ideas or new story. Black and White 2 covered and added more than any third version ever good.

Also, I'm really liking Mudsdale, Wimpod, and Bewear.

WE CAN FINALLY CHANGE IVS WOO

LynxForte

The Phoenix
I am not a fan of Hyper Training at all. Now everything that finds it viable will have hidden power as a move and the only use breeding will have is for egg moves (which are really easy to obtain if you have to chain breed). You can't even argue that shiny breeding is worth it because you can just hunt for a random one and then increase the IVs later.

That being said, I will use it because it means I can start battling sooner.

DJSummers

Ground-Type Champion
I am not a fan of Hyper Training at all. Now everything that finds it viable will have hidden power as a move and the only use breeding will have is for egg moves (which are really easy to obtain if you have to chain breed). You can't even argue that shiny breeding is worth it because you can just hunt for a random one and then increase the IVs later.

Lol, I read that after I posted my post about it being for IVs. They're really making things way too easy now, no more looking for 6IV Ditto's as you can now make your own.

Da_bomb.com

Hoenn Hype
I'm a big fan of Mudsdale, and Wimpod looks like it has great potential for evolutions. Bounsweet seems pretty oddish/hoppip/basic grass pokemon, but I don't have a problem with that. Mimikyu is interesting, I definitely like it design wise but who knows how it'll end up in-game. Comfey looks pretty meh to me, nothing special but nothing bad. Bewear is just... no

Ascended Dialga

I'm pretty sure Bottle Caps will be in short supply to limit how much players can increase their Pokémons' IVs.

...I hope that's the case.

Yellow De Viridian Grove

Says the person that doesn't really need to breed if he didn't want to lol.

And really, is it a bad thing? Making competitive easier is always nice for those used to PS or those transitioning into wifi. As someone who started wifi hardcore around ORAS/lateXY, it can be really hard when you have nothing and everyone has almost every viable set already bred.

Last edited:

LynxForte

The Phoenix
I'm pretty sure Bottle Caps will be in short supply to limit how much players can increase their Pokémons' IVs.

...I hope that's the case.

Unless it is an evolutionary item, nothing is ever in short supply. Even some evolutionary items can receive multiples if you have the BP for it.

Says the person that doesn't really need to breed if he didn't want to lol.

I don't have to, but it is something I enjoy. I actually enjoy receiving shinies from breeding because I actually worked for it.

Yellow De Viridian Grove

Unless it is an evolutionary item, nothing is ever in short supply. Even some evolutionary items can receive multiples if you have the BP for it.

I don't have to, but it is something I enjoy. I actually enjoy receiving shinies from breeding because I actually worked for it.

Are you still not working for it? No one is making you use bottle caps. It's just a nice feature and extremely nice for HP Breeding. No one will take your joy from breeding away if you still do it lol

LynxForte

The Phoenix
Are you still not working for it? No one is making you use bottle caps. It's just a nice feature and extremely nice for HP Breeding. No one will take your joy from breeding away if you still do it lol

I'm not saying I won't still breed. What I'm saying is that there is no point in it anymore except for egg moves. I get that they're trying to remove the use of cheating devices, but does holding someone's hand really make it better? I think they could've just made EV training better and not to mess with IVs. The only part about this that they made difficult is that your pokemon has to be lvl 100 to be able to hyper train and with exp share, that's not all that difficult.

Yellow De Viridian Grove

I'm not saying I won't still breed. What I'm saying is that there is no point in it anymore except for egg moves. I get that they're trying to remove the use of cheating devices, but does holding someone's hand really make it better? I think they could've just made EV training better and not to mess with IVs. The only part about this that they made difficult is that your pokemon has to be lvl 100 to be able to hyper train and with exp share, that's not all that difficult.

It's really just making it more user friendly for newer people. Will people who breeded already benfit? Probably not as much, but those getting into it now and into the competitive scene/wifi scene will have an easy transition as another tool to benefit from.

LynxForte

The Phoenix
It's really just making it more user friendly for newer people. Will people who breeded already benfit? Probably not as much, but those getting into it now and into the competitive scene/wifi scene will have an easy transition as another tool to benefit from.

If they wanted to make competitive easier to get into, why not just remove IVsome? Plus, breeding isn't difficult. The only way I could get behind this is if they said it was only for pokemon that can't be bred.

WhyBuffet

Pokémon Breeder
I guess I'll step in with my two cents on everything...

As soon as I saw Mudsdale, I was thinking "Summers is going to love this thing." It actually looks pretty sweet from a defensive point of view, too... A lot of these new abilities are actually really awesome.
I have to say though, my favourite new Pokémon so far is Mimikyu. I just love its typing, its concept, and its Ability is interesting. But sorry to spoil your fun Summers, I don't think the Pikachu disguise will come off; in the trailer, the disguise's head simply lulls to the side, which I think implies that the Disguise is "busted."

Now, for Hyper Training... If it indeed does what everybody thinks it does and will allow you to max out any and all IVs, I have to say... I love it. Watching the slow progression of how easy things have been getting in order to obtain good competitive Pokémon, this seemed like the next logical step; in fact I always hypothesized to myself that in Gen VII they'd come out with a rare item (like a PP Up) that slowly raises an IV. Bottle Caps seem to be that element of "rare item," and we'll have to see just how rare they are. But honestly... This is great. It really does almost make PS obsolete, which makes me extremely happy. Think about it... Breeding for Hidden Power aside, think of all the Mythical Pokémon (Jirachi, Keldeo, etc.) that non-cheating, non-PS playing players (like myself) have not been able to use in the past. Now, we can get good competitive Mythical Pokémon, which I am happy about. We still have to breed for Natures, Hidden Abilities, and Egg Moves, but now it's A LOT easier. You might call it holding your hand, but wasn't the Everstone holding your hand? Wasn't the Destiny Knot holding your hand? It takes no skill to mindlessly breed good Pokémon and hope the RNG spits out some good IVs for you. What matters is how effectively you utilize those Pokémon in battle.

Anyway, I know that was tl;dr but this information was good stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.