1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Ring of Fire

Discussion in 'Pokémon Guilds' started by WhyBuffet, Jan 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Da_bomb.com

Da_bomb.com Hoenn Hype

I was working on Dexnaving a Vulpix in my Alpha Sapphire, but after two 90+ chains and a few smaller ones and over 400 encounters I decided to put it on hold and actually finish the game. I swept through the E4 pretty easily, got Kyogre in a Premier Ball, and now I'm working my way through the Delta Episode and catching the mirage spot legendaries. The Delta Episode is great so far, I had no idea there would be a whole new portion of the game added in, and I'm loving every second of it.

2. snivy trainer

snivy trainer Driving myself batty

Wow, 3 days of nothing...

I'm back from my holiday in Norfolk, although I'm at my grandparents instead of at home. This means I have better WiFi and can use my laptop, at the cost of **** Pokemon nearby in GO and still not being near my friends. Luckily I'm only here until Friday, when I shall return home for a week before coming back :/

I caught a Dratini last night in go and a 393 CP Eevee this morning on my way home in GO. Strongest is my 836 CP Vaporeon still, did evolve my second 353 Eevee into a 678 Jolteon the other day though (why it had such a shite CP I don't know, especially since the Eevee that evolved into the better Vaporeon had a worse CP).

3. Br0k3n s0Ul

Br0k3n s0Ul Br0k3n sOUl

Finally have got a semi-proper IV, OU, Kalos Rules team put together on ORAS. The only thing left to do on a few of them now is Super Training. Fun.

4. snivy trainer

Ooh, nice! Super Training, not so much... what's your Kalos Rules team?

I've got to start EV training my Psychic monotype team, not particularly excited for that. I then have to do the Battle Maison to get a Focus Sash, 2x Choice Scarf and possibly an Assault Vest.

5. Young Xehanort

Young Xehanort I exist

I need to make a Unova Classic team! Gen 5 is hands down my favorite generation and I must honor its legacy with Triple Battles!

6. DJSummers

DJSummers Ground-Type Champion

You do realize I hold majority of your team, and I can give you some of the needed items, I buy plenty that don't get used, they just sit on Pokemon in the PC that potentially one day, I will surely use in battle.

7. snivy trainer

I knew you had my Espurr, Smoochum and Bronzor (which is being replaced by Metagross, but I'd like to have the Bronzor nonetheless), but had no idea you had some of the items. We need to sort that out... eventually.

My friend recently found their SoulSilver, so he wants to play through that with me. Since I have HeartGold, it makes the process easier (and more fun). All he knows he wants to use are Feraligatr, Togekiss and Umbreon. I'm completely fine with this, as I don't like Totodile that much (still do like it though) and I've used Umbreon before. Togekiss is a sad loss, but it's not a great Fly user. I'm probably going to make my team for that here, so you'll see pretty pictures and movesets :)

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Meganium - Giga Drain, Rock Climb, Petal Dance, Earthquake
    Golem - Earthquake, Stone Edge, Double Edge, Brick Break
    Alakazam - Psychic, Shadow Ball, Focus Blast, Psybeam
    Lanturn - Surf, Discharge, Signal Beam, Blizzard
    Arcanine - Flamethrower, Strength, Thunder Fang, Crunch
    Honchkrow - Fly, Night Slash, Sucker Punch, Return

Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
  8. Da_bomb.com

Da_bomb.com Hoenn Hype

I just beat Alpha Sapphire for the first time, and that was a lot of fun. I don't know how to get the fancy sprites into my post like snivy so I won't post my team right now, but it swept through pretty much everything. I got both Kyogre and Rayquaza in Premier Balls, but unfortunately I accidentally beat Deoxys so now I have to go rematch the E4 to get him back. I think that once I get Deoxys, I'll go back and finish hunting for a shiny vulpix, then finish the Pokedex, because I've never done that in my 12 years of playing these games. Any recommendations on doing the national Dex? Because I know it's gonna be a huge challenge.

9. snivy trainer

Images is easy enough. If you go on Serebii and find the Pokemon in the Pokedex (I'll assume the ORAS Pokedex, should be a link somewhere) and simply copy the image address (or something like that), then come onto your post where there'll be an "Insert Image" button up the top around the bold/italics/underline row. Paste the image address into there and there you have it! I hope that made some sense, otherwise I'll just find a link that demonstrates it. Play around with it.

Anyway, congrats on beating AS! I've still not done it, cannot be bothered to. I wish you luck with your shiny hunting, Vulpix is worth it!

I've been watching videos like this recently, don't know why. Seems like a fun idea though, and there are rumours about S&M and gyms I believe that may make this actually useful. Maybe at some point I'll convince someone to run this as a guild creative challenge or something, see what people think and what ideas they have. Who knows.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
  10. DJSummers

Spotlight Challenge Result Form
    Challenge Pokemon: Tyranitar
    Nature & Ability: Sassy & Sand Stream
    Held Item: Smooth Rock
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
    Moveset: Rock Slide, Ice Beam, Dark Pulse, Protect
    Team Theme (Optional):
    Challenges Completed: All 3
    Battle Video: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogontriples-408806045

11. WhyBuffet

WhyBuffet Pokémon Breeder

Well, just got back from a convention this weekend, where I acted as a Gym Leader in the Pokémon Gym Leader Squad; well, technically I was cosplaying as Barry, but I was still part of the PGLS and I was distributing a wholly original badge. Anyway, I went undefeated the entire weekend, but I had a lot of good battles (many of which I will be posting on my YouTube channel thanks to my new modded 3DS). I even ran into Marashu from these forums, so it was the first time I've met someone from the forums in real life.

12. snivy trainer

Ooh, nice! Sounds like fun.

New trailer revealed! Some weird stuff, old Pokemon now have new Alola forms (Exeggutor, Ninetales, Sandslash). Mudsdale has a prevolution and it's adorable, Yungoos evolves into Donald Trump some more and there're some new birds and new Grass types. Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iaav6J6XzFs

Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
  13. yf0x32

yf0x32 Well-Known Member

I get to ride my charizard! Yes please! This is awesome!

14. snivy trainer

I think my in-game squad may change now for Sun and Moon - was going to use Rowlet but there're some pretty sweet Grass and Flying types added that may make me change some stuff.

15. DJSummers

First things first,

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Challenge Pokemon: Haxorus
    Challenge Rules:
    1 - Keep the Spotlight Pokemon alive during the battle.
    2 - Must use the Spotlight Pokemon for 3 turns total during the battle.
    3 - Have the Spotlight Pokemon get at least 1 Kill.​

Needs more Ground-type changes to old Pokemon. And as for Rowlet, I'm still going along with it, Grass Starters are a must-have!!

Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
  16. snivy trainer

Not sure if there'll be any new Ground types; it was fairly plentiful in Gen I with Golem, Onix, Marowak, Sandslash, Nidoqueen & Nidoking, Dugtrio and Rhydon. Only types with more Pokemon than that back then was Water, Normal, Flying, Poison and Psychic (if you count Legendaries). With such a large amount of Pokemon with that type originally there's less Gen I Pokemon (assuming the regional thing is Gen I only, if not then ignore me) to make Ground, so chances are they'll all be made Ice, Dragon and other types. Also if the rumours of a Water type Arcanine are true...

I tend to go with the faster starter rather than a particular type (don't know why, I've just had more success with Typhlosion/Sceptile/Infernape/Serperior/Greninja). Chances are I may end up with Rowlet since it looks to be the fastest, but I really like Lurantis' design. Possibly should've been either Bug/Grass, Bug/Fairy or Grass/Fairy, but whatever. It gives me Lilligant vibes, and I didn't mind Lilligant much. I can see a final team for me being Popplio evolution, Pikipek evolution/Oricorio, Salandit evolution, Lurantis, Mudsdale/Mimikyu and Vikavolt. All depends on what Rockruff and Komala evolve into really. Too early to plan, but there you go.

17. DJSummers

My original plans be to use Regional Pokémon as well, but if something I like gets better, why not use it again, and I see your point as well, they only became Ice based on the climate they migrated too. I personally think they were created to kill Dragon's, so far all of the Alolan Pokemon have 1 type to kill Dragon's with, and I'm okay with that, really loving the Ice|Steel Sandshrew & Sandslash.

18. snivy trainer

Oh for sure. The team I play through S&M first may not be the same team I complete the game with. X&Y was a perfect example of this - my original team was Greninja, Talonflame, Gogoat, Pangoro, Aegislash and Goodra. I got up to catching Yveltal before restarting and playing through X. My final Y team? Greninja, Talonflame, Venusaur, Lucario, Gardevoir and Heliolisk. I'll probably end up mix-and-matching stuff when I feel like it. First playthrough I always try the new Pokemon out though.

Icy Sandslash is amazing, Sandshrew looks like it's part-igloo! Adorable. I'm still hunting for one in Pokemon GO...

19. DJSummers

I try to only use New Pokemon, I think the only game I've done so in was Gen 1 of course, Gen 3's Ruby & Emerald, FireRed & LeafGreen, and again in Gen 5's White since of course it only had Unova Pokemon first time.

But before the games do come out I try to plan a team out time, but it doesn't always go as planned, I always find myself catching a Pokemon from another region.

20. snivy trainer

Yeah, seems like a solid plan. These new Pokemon look solid, much better than XY and maybe even BW. I'm excited to play these games now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.