• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ring of Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikazuki Marazhu

of the Furry Fandom
Contemplating if I should purchase PokeBank because I wanted HA Johto Starters so badly but after I got a anticipation eevee on Wonder Trade, I think I should be patient and spam Wonder Trade. +Pokemiles

LynxForte

The Phoenix
Contemplating if I should purchase PokeBank because I wanted HA Johto Starters so badly but after I got a anticipation eevee on Wonder Trade, I think I should be patient and spam Wonder Trade. +Pokemiles

Im in the process of breeding all 3 of you don't mind waiting a day or 2

Mikazuki Marazhu

of the Furry Fandom
Im in the process of breeding all 3 of you don't mind waiting a day or 2

Oh that's very kind of you.. I hope you really don't mind. Plus I should make an official request so you can have SP's

I'd like you to breed me a Pokémon:

Username: Marazhu
Time available: +5 GMT (5 PM EST)
FC and IGN: 2681-1843-8582 (Marazhu)
Pokémon: Chikorita/Totodile/Cyndaquil
Nature: Any
Ability: Leaf Guard/Sheer Force/Flash Fire
IVs: Any
Egg moves: Crunch (Totodile)
HA: Y
Nickname: Original Name
I have read and will abide by all rules.

Last edited:

WhyBuffet

Pokémon Breeder
Oh that's very kind of you.. I hope you really don't mind. Plus I should make an official request so you can have SP's

Not to swoop in and Snatch SP from anybody but... I have all 3 HA Johto starters bred up and sitting in my Wonder Trade box at this very moment.
I can more than certainly give you a set.

Breeding request accepted. They are ready when you are.

Last edited:

LynxForte

The Phoenix
Not to swoop in and Snatch SP from anybody but... I have all 3 HA Johto starters bred up and sitting in my Wonder Trade box at this very moment.
I can more than certainly give you a set.

Breeding request accepted. They are ready when you are.

Perfectly fine, I wasn't gonna ask for FP since I was on the process of breeding them for myself

WhyBuffet

Pokémon Breeder

Breeding request complete.

Mega Typhlosion

Hmm, this was not written in the rules, so, from now on:
FPs will only be awarded to breeders for a successful 5IV breeding job. Random IVs and nature won't count as an official breeding as it's something easy and not that time consuming.

WhyBuffet

Pokémon Breeder
Hmm, this was not written in the rules, so, from now on:
FPs will only be awarded to breeders for a successful 5IV breeding job. Random IVs and nature won't count as an official breeding as it's something easy and not that time consuming.

I agree with the above rule amendment.
I only jumped in and traded in this instance because I happened to have spare HA Johto starters knocking about in my box anyway.
I'm perfectly happy with helping people out with Hidden Abilities without the need for FP :)

WhyBuffet

Pokémon Breeder
An entire day with nothing happening in the guild... I take it school, work, and real life has gotten everybody very busy as of late?
I can relate to that... I have a history essay that's due by the end of today, and I've only now started the book the essay is based on. Ask me to hatch a 5IV Pokémon, no problem. Ask me to read a book on history though...

In Pokémon-related news, finished my Black playthrough a couple of days ago. Well, I finished the main story, at least. When school calms down a bit I plan on training my in-game team up a bit more and challenging Alder, to TRULY complete the runthrough. It's gonna take a bit of grinding though, so I've put that on hold and started breeding a bit more in my down time. Currently in the process of breeding a Mega Venusaur and a Starmie. Of course today minimal breeding will get done due to the procrastination of my aforemoentioned history essay, but there's always the weekend.

Speaking of the weekend, I will be up for some 6v6 single battles this weekend, if anyone is interested. It's been a while since I had a good battle and I need some occasional battling action to break the breeding monotony.

That's about it, I think. Might as well include a FOTD while I'm at it.

ocdawmR.png

It is possible for Deoxys-Attack to one-hit KO itself while confused.

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
Well I finally finished my Spanish test yesterday, so no more revision for me! As a plus my friend is inviting me round sometime this weekend to play Black/Pearl/Platinum, and I promised to breed him some random eggs for his game since he's beaten them already. So why not? I will probably join him in playing, maybe breed something myself to use (not sure what though, I have so much choice).

Mega Typhlosion

Yeah I've been busy as well. I'll breed my Cyndaquil if I have time this weekend.

I like that FOTD lol I knew Deoxys is frail but still... how would Focus Sash work? And how many boosts you need?

WhyBuffet

Pokémon Breeder
I like that FOTD lol I knew Deoxys is frail but still... how would Focus Sash work? And how many boosts you need?

I did some more research into that.
What I learned is that confusion damage is basically your confused Pokémon hitting itself with a typeless base 40 physical attack.
I ran this information through a damage calculator, and Deoxys-Attack can OHKO itself in confusion when it has:

- max Attack and an Attack-neutral Nature while holding a Choice Band
(or having a 1.5x boost to Attack)
- max Attack and an Attack-boosting Nature while holding a Life Orb
(or having a 1.3x boost to Attack)

There are probably more methods that it OHKOs itself in confusion but those two are probably the least convoluted.
As for the Focus Sash, since confusion damage is technically a typeless attack used on oneself, it would probably follow the rules of Focus Sash, leaving Deoxys with 1 HP.

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
Showdown's calculator doesn't give Confusion for some reason, so I can't test it there. People will obviously need to actually test it out in-game or find a new calculator. How irritating.

Anyway I haven't really done an awful lot; still need to breed some Pokemon for myself and my friend in White as well as build an ORAS OU team. That last part isn't overly high on my list of things to do, but I do need a new team for wars and tournaments I'd like to get into. So a couple of bulky offensive teams would be good to build in order to compete in the best of 3 situations.

MASSIVE EDIT: Mega Metagross hasn't been banned! Look here - http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/oras-ou-suspect-process-round-2-voting.3531158/page-13

Time to build a team with it - I had a Serperior / Landorus- Therian / Mega Metagross core planned out pretty nicely, but I'm thinking of building around some older stuff like SubDD Gyarados, SD Garchomp, SD Mega Scizor, DoubleDance Landorus- Therian, Mega Manectric, CM/TG Manaphy and NP Thundurus- I or Thundurus- T. Lots of options, looks pretty solid actually.

Last edited:

WhyBuffet

Pokémon Breeder
Showdown's calculator doesn't give Confusion for some reason, so I can't test it there. People will obviously need to actually test it out in-game or find a new calculator. How irritating.

I know, they have no option for confusion. What I did was just made a Deoxys-Attack set with Quick Attack (since confusion damage does typeless base 40 physical damage, I figured Quick Attack would give me the same results) and calculated the damage it would do against another Deoxys-Attack.

But you're right, a test is most certainly required. In fact, if anyone ever wants to hop onto Showdown with me, I'll bring a Confuse Ray user, they bring a Choice Band Deoxys-Attack with a Choice Band and non-attacking moves, we can test out the theory.

Here's another FOTD for y'all.

ocdawmR.png

The attack Fire Blast is named Daimonji in Japanese.
In the Japanese festival Gozan no Okuribi, the daimonji is a large bonfire lit in the shape of the character , hence the star-shaped appearance of the attack Fire Blast.​

Kitt Geekazaru

Infernape Trainer
I know, they have no option for confusion. What I did was just made a Deoxys-Attack set with Quick Attack (since confusion damage does typeless base 40 physical damage, I figured Quick Attack would give me the same results) and calculated the damage it would do against another Deoxys-Attack.

But you're right, a test is most certainly required. In fact, if anyone ever wants to hop onto Showdown with me, I'll bring a Confuse Ray user, they bring a Choice Band Deoxys-Attack with a Choice Band and non-attacking moves, we can test out the theory.

Here's another FOTD for y'all.

ocdawmR.png

The attack Fire Blast is named Daimonji in Japanese.
In the Japanese festival Gozan no Okuribi, the daimonji is a large bonfire lit in the shape of the character , hence the star-shaped appearance of the attack Fire Blast.​

Actually, you also require +6 attack. I recommend a klefki and a liepard that both have prankster swagger, and you switch in a deoxys-a to a double swagger making it at +4. Next turn one uses swagger to boost to 6 and the other protects in case it doesn't hit itself.

Spacial

procrastination
Been breeding a bit from 6IVs and breedjects, there may or may not be more coming. I haven't really done anything interesting.

Username: Ponymon
Timezone & Availability to trade: GMT, now I guess
Pokémon: Chimchar
Shiny (Y/N): N
Nature: Jolly
Level: 1
Ability: Blaze
IVs: 31/31/31/X/31/31
Moves: Scratch, Leer, Fire Punch, Thunder Punch

Status
Not open for further replies.