• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ring of Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kitt Geekazaru

Infernape Trainer
Sassy, as i've already arranged an adamant one.
And it's for cresselia so.
Do I have your friend code?

I don't think so.

Serperior won't stay in NU. It's ability and speed make it able to revenge kill and get decent damage on whatever comes in after. When I said I couldn't wait for it to be in OU, I meant it would be usable there, its going to settle in UU or BL2

2 sets I've been working

Modest
252 SpA/252 Spe
Choice Scarf
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- HP Rock
- Glare/Toxic

Naive/Hasty
Expert Belt
252 Spe/80 SpA/176 Atk
- Knock Off
- Leaf Storm
- Outrage
- HP Rock

Both are still a WIP. The first is meant to scare out an opponent and be a revenge killer set. The second is a mixed attacker, but the set is giving me more problems than I thought it would.

I have bred some Snivy's with HA, Timid, Glare, and Mirror Coat. Idr what the HP is, but Leaf Storm+Dragon Pulse is crucial. I'm also giving it Mirror Coat and Synthesis for demolishing certain pokemon and healing when important. So...

Serperior @ Life Orb
EVs: TBD
Timid Nature
Ability: Contrary
-Leaf Storm
-Dragon Pulse
-Synthesis
-Mirror Coat/Glare/HP ___/Toxic

is what I'm going with.

LynxForte

The Phoenix
I don't think so.

I have bred some Snivy's with HA, Timid, Glare, and Mirror Coat. Idr what the HP is, but Leaf Storm+Dragon Pulse is crucial. I'm also giving it Mirror Coat and Synthesis for demolishing certain pokemon and healing when important. So...

Serperior Life Orb
EVs: TBD
Timid Nature
-Leaf Storm
-Dragon Pulse
-Synthesis
-Mirror Coat/Glare/HP ___/Toxic

is what I'm going with.

I thought about Synthesis, but I think you would have to focus the EVs on bulk. Mirror Coat helps with that, I'm just not sure what the EV spread would be other than 252 HP

Shade2000

Shade in Shades
Kitt, I registered you. My code is 1392-4324-0297 if you want to register me.

I never really noticed serperior before, but Contrary + Leaf storm is awesome!

StonE EdgE

Brock n' Roll
Username: StonE EdgE
3DS Friend Code: Not sure, I'll have to look it up. I'm not on my 3DS often, though.
PS Name: Do You Even Splash
Desired Division: Bright Flames
Favorite activity in game: Battling or contests, both are pretty fun!
Favorite Battle Tier: This is a tie between UU and NU, I love me some PU too.
Referrer: N/A
About you: I've been around for a while. Well maybe not, I've had big lapses in activity. This is probably my 5th time coming back to Serebii, I've lost count. I used to be part of Black Ice (R.I.P. :( ) for a loooooong time. I have some art skills, but not much.

Reshiram

Last edited:

Spacial

procrastination
Wow so much activity :D

Username: Ponymon
Division: Bright Flames
Experience as a competitive IV breeder: I breed constantly for myself and have experience in it, I possess a 6IV Ditto but can't breed for HP, I'd like to be a breeder for the Guild because i enjoy breeding and have no personal breeding projects currently and would like something to do on Pokemon

EDIT:
3DS Friend Code: Not sure, I'll have to look it up. I'm not on my 3DS often, though.
About you: I've been around for a while. Well maybe not, I've had big lapses in activity. This is probably my 5th time coming back to Serebii, I've lost count. I used to be part of Black Ice (R.I.P. :( ) for a loooooong time. I have some art skills, but not much.

Reshiram

Accepted! I'm an Admin so I presume I have the power to accept or reject members. Welcome to the Guild!

StonE EdgE

Brock n' Roll
Thanks! :)

I've seen this set for Serperior around a lot.

Serperior @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Gastro Acid

Gastro Acid is a little gimmicky, but it works to suppress those pesky Sap Sippers.

WhyBuffet

Pokémon Breeder
Wow, I go offline for one night and the guild explodes with activity! Excellent!

Welcome to all the new members, both old THT members and completely new members alike.

Romeo mentioned it above, but I just want to reiterate it because I too am curious: how do the apprenticeship programs work? Is there a schedule or something that we follow in order to get tips, or is there a separate live chat for such things?

Also, if anyone wants to battle (Smogon OU), I'm free all day today, so shoot me a PM and we can have some fun.

Reshiram

Black Ice life man, that's where I spent most of my years. Nice to have you back buddy!

EDIT: A Xat would really help an active guild, easier to live chat with it. Should I go ahead and make one for this Guild?

Last edited:

Mega Typhlosion

Wow! What happened here? xD Okay, one thing at a time...

How do the Competitive and VGC corners work? I know it's and academy-like system, but how/when do we learn?

Well, since it's a new thing, suggestions are welcome, but my idea was to hold create-a-team contests, promote debates, encourage people to come up with strategies. And I wanted to write some "articles" regarding the metagames, but I don't know how to do that yet... maybe writing them on a post and posting the link in the main post? I'll probably do that soon ;)

I can make the Guild Xat, if Fire Hero's okay with that.

I think we may actually need it to avoid spamming the thread... feel free to do it if you want ;)

Awesome! I need a sassy or adamant one, so if you could that would be great. As for lapras, 31/31/31/31/31/x would be awesome!

Competitive Corner Application
Username: Shade2000
Experience with competitive battling: Um I mostly do VGC and battle spot but i'm looking to do OU soon. I guess i'm okay at battling but not so good at team building.
Apprentice/Master: Apprentice

Do you still need the synchros? I'm sure I have Adamant, but not sure about the Sassy one. As for Lapras, need to check it once I finish my current E4 challenge. You probably need Quiet or Sassy natures though...

Also, added to the competitive corner list.

We may need some more Masters to that corner since I'm not familiar enough with the metagames to actually teach anybody, so it's all up to snivy so far.

Username: Ponymon
Experience as a competitive IV breeder: I breed constantly for myself and have experience in it, I possess a 6IV Ditto but can't breed for HP, I'd like to be a breeder for the Guild because i enjoy breeding and have no personal breeding projects currently and would like something to do on Pokemon

Accepted! I'm an Admin so I presume I have the power to accept or reject members. Welcome to the Guild!

Added to the breeders section :) Send me a PM regarding what you CAN'T breed so I can add it to the post as well.
And yes, you can accept and reject members.

Finally, welcome StonE EdgE ;)

Shade2000

Shade in Shades
No, fire hero I don't need them anymore, sorry for the trouble. But can I still have one of those lapras please?

And yeah sure i'll make a background for the XAT if you tell me what kinda thing you want lol.
OMG this is like the second time i've ever been on an XAT. Although, I don't really see it getting loads of use as we aren't a big clan yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.