• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ring of Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spacial

procrastination
Well if everyone has a BW2 game they can reset then we'll do our run-through on those.

Does anyone have a HA Shinx? I think its HA is DW exclusive (Serebii says it's avaliable) which is a pain... I'm starting to put together an MM for Shinx, in honour of my lost Pearl game - when I first started it I knew nothing about Pokemon and went out after I got Pokeballs and caught 13 Shinx xP I'm kinda sad about losing it because I take such good care of all my games and it ended up just vanishing.

Also I've been doing a few battles in that PGL tournament but keep getting knocked down by M-Rayquaza just when I think I've won. Sometimes I prefer Smogon battles, since I seem to be the only one not using Mega Rayquaza/Primal Groudon.

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
I can restart Black 2, although to be honest I'd much rather be playing BW since there's something about BW2 that puts me off. So if we don't have BW2 or don't want to restart them then perhaps BW should be an option and making this a 5th Generation runthrough.

@ Ponymon, I don't have a HA Shinx (used to), but perhaps try asking for one in the trade threads here? Look for someone who isn't asking for much and see if they'd be willing to trade. Or you could get a HA Luxio via Friend Safari, since that's available.

WhyBuffet

Pokémon Breeder
Generation V is my favourite generation, so I would totally be down for a runthrough of that.

Ponymon, I have a HA Shinx that I can trade you. Do you need any specific Nature or stats or anything?

EDIT: That goes for anyone else in the guild looking for Hidden Abilities; I have access to all of them, and all I'm really looking for in return are PP Max (so I can max out the 5 PP moves my Pokémon have...)

Last edited:

Sietse23

*Brainfarts*
I have all items through farming and trading, as I dont play XY anymore Im willing to trade anything anyone wants. Also I have lots of EV trained mons if anyone is interested

Kitt Geekazaru

Infernape Trainer
A service that I would be very interested in seeing is an EV Training shop. EV Training is one of those things that I really don't like doing. It takes so long (for me at least) and half the time I don't even get it right.

WhyBuffet

Pokémon Breeder
A service that I would be very interested in seeing is an EV Training shop. EV Training is one of those things that I really don't like doing. It takes so long (for me at least) and half the time I don't even get it right.

You know, that's not a bad idea. I could easily extend my breeding duties to include EV training as well, as I find EV training very easy. I could even get people's Pokémon up to level 100 in a day (thanks to my Blissey bases).

Kitt Geekazaru

Infernape Trainer
You know, that's not a bad idea. I could easily extend my breeding duties to include EV training as well, as I find EV training very easy. I could even get people's Pokémon up to level 100 in a day (thanks to my Blissey bases).

I'm not so worried about leveling as I find the infinite loop+heart scale method preferable, but I would pay FP for a service like that.

Mega Typhlosion

An EV-training shop could be nice yeah. Maybe just putting it together with the breeding shop so we'd have breeding and training services :)

I don't think "paying FP" would work though... make the trainer receive FP for a good job sounds more like it. And then we'd see how it develops and if it has a lot of "customers" or not.

WhyBuffet

Pokémon Breeder
An EV-training shop could be nice yeah. Maybe just putting it together with the breeding shop so we'd have breeding and training services :)

I don't think "paying FP" would work though... make the trainer receive FP for a good job sounds more like it. And then we'd see how it develops and if it has a lot of "customers" or not.

If that's how we will manage an EV training service then you can update my breeding page to include the fact that I'll also do EV training/leveling up.

Spacial

procrastination
I can also EV train since I have all of the power items and there's a handy little page on Smogon with EV Horde locations.

That being said, could my breeding services be put on hold? I've started my MM for Shinx now and can't take the parent out of Daycare because it will forget its egg moves. I'm hoping to collect 15 boxes and then binge hatch them - 15 boxes is 450 eggs which is a sizeable amount. I've collected 55 eggs so far xD. The Oval Charm is really useful. I'm running out of space (and time actually - 53 days remaining) in Pokebank. Might use my XY games for storage. Working on a living Dex, almost finished Kanto :D

Mega Typhlosion

I can also EV train since I have all of the power items and there's a handy little page on Smogon with EV Horde locations.

That being said, could my breeding services be put on hold? I've started my MM for Shinx now and can't take the parent out of Daycare because it will forget its egg moves. I'm hoping to collect 15 boxes and then binge hatch them - 15 boxes is 450 eggs which is a sizeable amount. I've collected 55 eggs so far xD. The Oval Charm is really useful. I'm running out of space (and time actually - 53 days remaining) in Pokebank. Might use my XY games for storage. Working on a living Dex, almost finished Kanto :D

Good luck for the hunt. I'll add the training services today ;) How much FP do you guys think you should get for each training job? 20 like the breeding?
And I'll put your breeding on hold, don't worry.

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
Well I've been reading the Mega Metagross ban debate on Smogon, and it's quite interesting. It'll go for definite which is sad due to it being overcentralizing, hard to teambuild around and it destroying offensive teams. The best anti-ban arguments have been that losing Mega Metagross means Fairies will rise in usage since Metagross is the only thing keeping them in check. I don't think it needs to be banned; Mega Charizard X was a ***** to build around in XY OU since most of its checks/counters weren't offensively based or weren't even OU, it had monster typing and a powerful ability (Tough Claws, oh look) to abuse and unlike Metagross could boost it's stats. Yes it did need a turn to set up to deal damage but it was just as hard to beat. And what if it was Mega Charizard Y? You switched your Landorus- T in to get mullered by STAB, Drought boosted Fire Blast.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/np-oras-ou-suspect-process-round-2-spider-man.3529407/

Read it, see what you think about it.

Spacial

procrastination
Haven't read the thread since I'm using my 3DS brower but I support the anti-ban argument more. In my opinion the Charizards are more of a threat and they haven't been banned. Personally my teams have absolutely no problem with it - I lower its health and if it defeats me then I revenge kill it. It's not a big threat, even with STAB Bullet Punch. Most Faries (such as Clefable, Sylveon and Togekiss) annoy me anyway so I like having something around to keep them in check.

My MM is now well underway - I've collected 450 eggs, but only hatched one, which hatched by accident when I did an extra lap around the island while not concentrating and it ended up hatching when I was directly in front of the PC box xD. Should start hatching soon but its great that I got 450 eggs collected so quickly :3

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
Haven't read the thread since I'm using my 3DS brower but I support the anti-ban argument more. In my opinion the Charizards are more of a threat and they haven't been banned. Personally my teams have absolutely no problem with it - I lower its health and if it defeats me then I revenge kill it. It's not a big threat, even with STAB Bullet Punch. Most Faries (such as Clefable, Sylveon and Togekiss) annoy me anyway so I like having something around to keep them in check.

My MM is now well underway - I've collected 450 eggs, but only hatched one, which hatched by accident when I did an extra lap around the island while not concentrating and it ended up hatching when I was directly in front of the PC box xD. Should start hatching soon but its great that I got 450 eggs collected so quickly :3

Congrats on 450 eggs, good luck getting your Shiny. I'd like to do stuff like that - Shiny hunting - but I can't be bothered to be honest, I'd rather play other games or do other stuff.

I think I'll have to accept MMeta is going to be leaving OU and that I'll need to pick a second team member. Serperior loses to Talonflame, Heatran and Mega Altaria, so I need something to deal with them. Landorus- Therian does a good job to all of them bar Altaria (mainly its Mixed or Special sets) and can set up Stealth Rock. Rotom- Wash is Landorus- T's main counter and Serperior eats it for breakfast, so that works.

Last edited:

Spacial

procrastination
Looklooklook!!! One of the first 20ish eggs - I'll upgrade his details in a sec :D I'm so happy I had no idea I would get a shiny this quickly :O
1oExLncl.jpg

EDIT: Okay it took me a while because the device I was using ran out of battery so I've reverted to the 3DS browser - he's in a Moon Ball with Howl, Thunder Fang, Fire Fang and Ice Fang as Egg Moves (although I knew of those details before) and he has 31/31/31/31/X/31 IVs (exactly the same as my Swablu actually). Unfortunately no HA but has Intimidate which is the next best thing, arguably the best competitively although I don't know what my standing point on that is - I use both Guts and Intimidate differently. I'm glad he's male because that means I can nickname him Thoron. He was egg no. 20!!! I'm still hatching because I have 14 boxes left to empty out xD

Last edited:

Romeo32

At this point I'm kind of fed up with Smogon's ban-happy attitude. Back in XY I understood Kang and Lucario getting banned, but ORAS is just getting ridiculous. Everyone knew Salamence would get banned as soon as it was announced, but their arguments and reasoning for their more recent bans are very weak. They claim that Greninja and Metagross are "overcentralizing" the meta game, but Lando-T is on almost every single team and it hasn't been banned. They keep banning more and more pokes and the OU tier keeps getting smaller and smaller, meaning we see more and more of the same things like Lando-T and Rotom-W on every team. By banning things left and right they're centralizing their metagame even more. I find VGC to be a lot more enjoyable lately, even though it arguably has even less variety than OU, it's still a more strategic way to play and you don't have to deal with things constantly getting banned.

Kitt Geekazaru

Infernape Trainer
The problem with smogon is that nearly all of the good people use Hyper Offense.
Well I've been reading the Mega Metagross ban debate on Smogon, and it's quite interesting. It'll go for definite which is sad due to it being overcentralizing, hard to teambuild around and it destroying offensive teams. The best anti-ban arguments have been that losing Mega Metagross means Fairies will rise in usage since Metagross is the only thing keeping them in check. I don't think it needs to be banned; Mega Charizard X was a ***** to build around in XY OU since most of its checks/counters weren't offensively based or weren't even OU, it had monster typing and a powerful ability (Tough Claws, oh look) to abuse and unlike Metagross could boost it's stats. Yes it did need a turn to set up to deal damage but it was just as hard to beat. And what if it was Mega Charizard Y? You switched your Landorus- T in to get mullered by STAB, Drought boosted Fire Blast.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/np-oras-ou-suspect-process-round-2-spider-man.3529407/

Read it, see what you think about it.
It's SUPPOSED to destroy offensive teams. Stall beats Metagross, Metagross beats Hyper Offense, Hyper Offense beats Stall. It's a perfectly balanced situation, but since no one likes Stall, no one likes Metagross. It's just stupid. And saying that "you need to bring a counter to it" is stupid as well. You need to bring a counter to every top 'mon in OU! At this point I really just don't want to deal with Smogon's bull****.

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
Nice to see some competitive discussion going on here, I like it. Mega Diancie and Fairy types in general are the new face of Bulky Offense, which Metagross supposedly checks and handles. Mega Sableye is basically on every imaginable Stall team there is and Metagross is chosen for Hyper Offense due to stats. Offense has a mixture of them all I suppose. I just think that Smogon's ideas of why we should ban Metagross would mean we might as well ban Charizard and Gardevoir too since they all break walls and can sweep. Metagross is quicker and bulkier but needs help breaking the metagame and only really gets boosts to it's dual STAB and a couple of coverage. MCX only needs its STAB's and Earthquake, if that. Gardevoir only really runs Hyper Voice and Focus Blast; the other 2 moves could be anything. It's going to be an interesting ban if it happens, here's to hoping it doesn't.

Oh, and congrats on your shiny Ponymon :).

WhyBuffet

Pokémon Breeder
At this point I'm kind of fed up with Smogon's ban-happy attitude. Back in XY I understood Kang and Lucario getting banned, but ORAS is just getting ridiculous. Everyone knew Salamence would get banned as soon as it was announced, but their arguments and reasoning for their more recent bans are very weak. They claim that Greninja and Metagross are "overcentralizing" the meta game, but Lando-T is on almost every single team and it hasn't been banned. They keep banning more and more pokes and the OU tier keeps getting smaller and smaller, meaning we see more and more of the same things like Lando-T and Rotom-W on every team. By banning things left and right they're centralizing their metagame even more. I find VGC to be a lot more enjoyable lately, even though it arguably has even less variety than OU, it's still a more strategic way to play and you don't have to deal with things constantly getting banned.

I have to agree with Romeo on almost every single point he made. I rarely come up against Mega Metagross, and even when I do I usually have no problems with it. However, I am constantly finding myself up against Landorus-T and Rotom-W, up to the point where it has started to limit/change what I put on my own team. That's part of the reason I mainly use Smogon rules to guide my team building choices, rather than strictly following the tiers.

The only thing I don't agree with Romeo on at this point is the bit about VGC, but that's simply because I haven't made the leap into Doubles yet :p

Oh, and Fire Hero... I think maybe 15 for training, 20 for breeding would be good; breeding is a little bit more time consuming than training, after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.