• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ring of Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Romeo32

Sorry for the inactivity. I check the thread every day I just don't have anything to say. :p
I'll probably post a battle analysis soon for the sake of being active, so be on the look out for that if it interests you.

Sswifter

Nice to hear from you Romeo.
Is a 5iv Fennekin with the Moves tackle heat wave and leer goof for doubles? I hatched it myself and its nature is quirky and it has a 31 in everything except attack. So worth keeping for doubles?

Romeo32

Nice to hear from you Romeo.
Is a 5iv Fennekin with the Moves tackle heat wave and leer goof for doubles? I hatched it myself and its nature is quirky and it has a 31 in everything except attack. So worth keeping for doubles?
The 5 IVs and Heat Wave are good but Quirky nature is bad. There's no reason to use a nature that gives you no benefit when you could have either Timid or Modest. Natures are very important and if your poke has a bad one it's practically useless.

LynxForte

The Phoenix
Holiday weekend in the states, probably why those of us here are inactive this weekend. I've been playing a lot of borderlands and mortal kombat the last few days, as well as hanging out with friends, so I haven't done much pokemon related things

Spacial

procrastination
Got MK8 which is cool and I've preordered Splatoon bc it looks interesting. Haven't done anything because of revision for end of year exams. Haven't done anything Pokemon related and it seems that nobody has. There's no point doing another tournament until everyone gets back into Pokemon.

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
Hope everyone's enjoying a pointless long weekend (since it's half-term in the UK, so I guess it's not pointless anywhere else). Anyway, been watching some Pokeaim on YouTube to get me interested in building some teams and thus being more active, and it seems to have been working so far. I'll get onto building some new OU teams or something now and all that, perhaps this time I'll stick to something. Who knows.

Nkg96

Username: nkg96
3DS Friend Code: 5172-2470-7827
PS Name: nkg96
Desired Division: Bright flames
Favorite activity in game: Breeding
Favorite Battle Tier: VGC and UU
Referrer: N/A
About you: Well I've been on serebii for a while used to battle competitively for 4th gen stopped and recently got back into it I had a different account but forgot the password for it and made a new one and used to be in a clan (way back when) called beasts of the night.
Why do you want to join a guild: I want to get back into battling competitively again under 6th gen
What can you bring to the guild: A newbie breeder with limited HA's (hopefully will come with time) and an experienced battler.

WhyBuffet

Pokémon Breeder
Hey all, I am back the convention I attended this weekend, Anime North. It was quite a bit of fun, and I want to share some of my personal highlights with you guys and gals.

First of all, the hotel I stayed at was pretty sweet; the continental breakfast was decent and the room was huge. Unfortunately my hotel was a half hour walk from the convention itself, so I didn't go back and forth between the two too much. I also managed to pick up a bunch of cool stuff, including but not limited to a Waluigi cap, a Mega Swampert keychain, and (coolest of all) a posable plushie Rayquaza.

But that's not what you guys care about. You guys care about the Pokémon related stuff. Well, as I said before, I went to this convention to challenge the "Gym Leaders;" cosplayers of Gym Leaders and other strong trainers who give out badges (buttons with a picture of the badge) if you defeat them. This group of Gym Leaders goes to various conventions, and I happen to be a member of said group. I opted to be a trainer this time though because I just wanted to take a bit of a break from the Gym Leader-ing. However, a few days before the convention started I realized that maybe I could do both; I could participate as a trainer and gather up a few badges, but also cosplay as my own Gym Leader (though my cosplay is not a Gym Leader, but a rival) and hand out badges too. So that is what I did. There were 14 badges to collect at the convention: 13 from Gym Leaders/strong Trainers, and a "bonus badge" (my badge). I used my rain team to challenge Gym Leaders, and I used Mega Lopunny and friends to take challenges from other trainers. I won 10 of the 13 badges; I couldn't get the other 3 because I got so overwhelmed with challengers myself. Speaking of which, in the 3 days the convention took place, I handed out only 1 badge as a Gym Leader. I was quite pleased with how both of my teams did this weekend. Many of the battles were uneventful, however some battles had some highlights, and maybe I'll post a video or two of some of the better battles.

But yeah, that was my weekend, basically. Overall, I was quite pleased with it. Now back to the old grind, I'm afraid.*sigh* Oh well.

Mega Typhlosion

Hey all, I am back the convention I attended this weekend, Anime North. It was quite a bit of fun, and I want to share some of my personal highlights with you guys and gals.

First of all, the hotel I stayed at was pretty sweet; the continental breakfast was decent and the room was huge. Unfortunately my hotel was a half hour walk from the convention itself, so I didn't go back and forth between the two too much. I also managed to pick up a bunch of cool stuff, including but not limited to a Waluigi cap, a Mega Swampert keychain, and (coolest of all) a posable plushie Rayquaza.

But that's not what you guys care about. You guys care about the Pokémon related stuff. Well, as I said before, I went to this convention to challenge the "Gym Leaders;" cosplayers of Gym Leaders and other strong trainers who give out badges (buttons with a picture of the badge) if you defeat them. This group of Gym Leaders goes to various conventions, and I happen to be a member of said group. I opted to be a trainer this time though because I just wanted to take a bit of a break from the Gym Leader-ing. However, a few days before the convention started I realized that maybe I could do both; I could participate as a trainer and gather up a few badges, but also cosplay as my own Gym Leader (though my cosplay is not a Gym Leader, but a rival) and hand out badges too. So that is what I did. There were 14 badges to collect at the convention: 13 from Gym Leaders/strong Trainers, and a "bonus badge" (my badge). I used my rain team to challenge Gym Leaders, and I used Mega Lopunny and friends to take challenges from other trainers. I won 10 of the 13 badges; I couldn't get the other 3 because I got so overwhelmed with challengers myself. Speaking of which, in the 3 days the convention took place, I handed out only 1 badge as a Gym Leader. I was quite pleased with how both of my teams did this weekend. Many of the battles were uneventful, however some battles had some highlights, and maybe I'll post a video or two of some of the better battles.

But yeah, that was my weekend, basically. Overall, I was quite pleased with it. Now back to the old grind, I'm afraid.*sigh* Oh well.

That sounds really fun! :D
My Premier Challenge weekend was a lot less eventful then that, and they were only giving away random Pikachu magnets and Treecko keyrings, which I already had from a previous PC... there was also the top prize, a Primal Kyogre figure, but I needed to go both days and could only go on Saturday :(

Romeo32

I've been doing more Battle Spot lately, this time with a pretty standard M-Kang team. I had a pretty good battle today that would've made a great battle analysis, but unfortunately my opponent DC'ed right when things were getting interesting. He still had a chance to win so I wish he would've played it out, but such is life. I've been enjoying using a more standard team lately, it makes battles a lot easier. I think I'm finally through my "trying too hard to be unique" phase, so hopefully I can start climbing up to the top of the Battle Spot ladder.

LynxForte

The Phoenix
@Whybuffet, sounds like an amazing weekend; can't wait to see a few of the battles. Was anyone crowned champion?

I've kind of been doing what Romeo's been doing, except I'm doing Passerby battles mostly. Before I used to hate playing against someone whose running around with 6 Legends thinking that wins them every battle, but since I've started focusing more on UU teams, I laugh a little when I see those teams.

Sswifter

Whybuffet that sounds like a lot of fun.
I've been breeding a team for doubles and came across a 5iv Fennekin but unfortunately it was not the nature I wanted. So I'm doing some more breeding and have been trying to hatch a shiny!

WhyBuffet

Pokémon Breeder
@Whybuffet, sounds like an amazing weekend; can't wait to see a few of the battles. Was anyone crowned champion?

The way the "finals" worked was kind of weird: there were 3 trainers in the finals (the 3 trainers with the most Gym badges). It didn't really make much sense to me from a logistics standpoint, considering you can't really have any kind of elimination rounds or anything with 3 people, but we were pressed for time so I don't know. All I know is that the 2 trainers in the finals (let's call them Trainer A and Trainer B) beat the third trainer (Trainer C) to earn their spots in the final battle. Trainer A was the only trainer of the weekend to win my badge, and his team was a stall team rounded off with a Substitute DD Mega Salamence, while Trainer B had every badge except mine (he had even battled me 3 times to try and get it), and his team was a balanced team with a RestTalk Mega Slowbro. I couldn't stay for the final battle (I had a bus to catch) but I'm told that Trainer A seemed to have the upper hand, but because time was running out in the convention, they set a time limit, with the winner being whoever had more KOs when time was up. According to what I heard, Trainer B's Mega Slowbro got a critical hit on a +6 Scald to Trainer A's Chansey, which, coupled with burn damage, was enough to faint the Chansey just as time ran out, putting Trainer B ahead by one KO, making him the winner. I'm sorry I missed it, because it sounded intensely awesome, but it was still interesting to hear the recounting of said battle.

LynxForte

The Phoenix
The way the "finals" worked was kind of weird: there were 3 trainers in the finals (the 3 trainers with the most Gym badges). It didn't really make much sense to me from a logistics standpoint, considering you can't really have any kind of elimination rounds or anything with 3 people, but we were pressed for time so I don't know. All I know is that the 2 trainers in the finals (let's call them Trainer A and Trainer B) beat the third trainer (Trainer C) to earn their spots in the final battle. Trainer A was the only trainer of the weekend to win my badge, and his team was a stall team rounded off with a Substitute DD Mega Salamence, while Trainer B had every badge except mine (he had even battled me 3 times to try and get it), and his team was a balanced team with a RestTalk Mega Slowbro. I couldn't stay for the final battle (I had a bus to catch) but I'm told that Trainer A seemed to have the upper hand, but because time was running out in the convention, they set a time limit, with the winner being whoever had more KOs when time was up. According to what I heard, Trainer B's Mega Slowbro got a critical hit on a +6 Scald to Trainer A's Chansey, which, coupled with burn damage, was enough to faint the Chansey just as time ran out, putting Trainer B ahead by one KO, making him the winner. I'm sorry I missed it, because it sounded intensely awesome, but it was still interesting to hear the recounting of said battle.

Sounds like it was a round robin for the championship; not a bad way to determine a champion, just not the most logical way. The battle sounds interesting, just sucks that they were pressed for time and couldn't finish the battle. And failing to get your badge 3 times...that's gotta be discouraging.

WhyBuffet

Pokémon Breeder
Sounds like it was a round robin for the championship; not a bad way to determine a champion, just not the most logical way. The battle sounds interesting, just sucks that they were pressed for time and couldn't finish the battle. And failing to get your badge 3 times...that's gotta be discouraging.

I had a lot of challengers that made 2 or 3 attempts at my badge. However, none of them displayed any kind of discouragement or resentment, in fact quite the opposite: the constant loses encouraged and inspired them to better themselves and improve their battling skills. With each rematch, each challenger got progressively better, and I have to admit it was really uplifting to know that I was helping these trainers get better through battle.

Mega Typhlosion

Whybuffet that sounds like a lot of fun.
I've been breeding a team for doubles and came across a 5iv Fennekin but unfortunately it was not the nature I wanted. So I'm doing some more breeding and have been trying to hatch a shiny!

If you want to build a team I say focus first on the breeding and then on the shinyness. It shouldn't be a priority.

Do you have any idea about how will you run that Delphox? Which moves and item?

I saw an interesting view on Delphox in Nuggetbridge so I'll post you the set with some alternatives as well.

Delphox @ Life Orb
Timid nature
252 SpA / 244 Speed / 12 SpD or Def
- Overheat / Heat Wave
- Protect
- Psychic
- Will-O-Wisp

A mix of support and attack. Psychic provides good coverage and power. Will-O-Wisp punishes your main weaknesses in physical attackers and can save you from Mega Kanga or Mega Mawile by dodging their Sucker Punch and burning them in the process.
The fire move is quite tricky. Heat Wave and Fire Blast provide more long term damage but since you already have a strong Psychic, Overheat lets you OHKO the common variants of Aegislash in Shield Forme which is really important. So it depends on the rest of your team and on the role Deplhox will have but I say it's worth a try.

Last edited:

Sswifter

Thanks for all the help. I haven't decided the item but for the moves I was thinking Heatwave
Psychic
Sunny Day (since this will be the lead on my sun team)
Flamethrower/Will-O-Wisp/Fire Blast
And Timid Nature. But I will also give yours a try as this Delphox of mine is going to be used in doubles a lot.

Romeo32

Thanks for all the help. I haven't decided the item but for the moves I was thinking Heatwave
Psychic
Sunny Day (since this will be the lead on my sun team)
Flamethrower/Will-O-Wisp/Fire Blast
And Timid Nature. But I will also give yours a try as this Delphox of mine is going to be used in doubles a lot.
Fire Hero's set is immeasurably better than this one. First of all you don't have Protect on your set, which is literally the most important move in doubles as it allows you to avoid getting KOed or doubled into while your other Poke takes out the threat. Protect is basically mandatory on everything that isn't choiced or extremely bulky like Suicune, and Delphox is neither of those things. Also don't run sunny day, in fact don't run an entire team that relies on sun. Usually the only use sun really gets is with Charizard Y+Venusaur, which is a powerful offensive combo which also disrupts your opponent's weather (mostly talking about rain here). Sunny Day is really a waste of a move slot because you only need your Drought user for sun. Also two fire STABs are really unnecessary and are also a waste of a move slot, Will-O-Wisp is a much better option since it can support your team.

So in summary:
Protect > Sunny Day
Will-O-Wisp > 2nd Fire STAB

Status
Not open for further replies.