• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ring of Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spacial

procrastination
I'm up for the hunt, it also gives me an incentive to get the 100 or so Pokemon which I need in order to finish my Dex and get the Shiny Charm.

I really like the 5IV Badge idea, I think something like that is what the Guild needs right now to get everyone back into Pokemon etc. I can offer Pidgey and Miltank which are 5IV in advance because I have around 10 of each left over from the HGSS walkthrough challenge things and want to see them put to some use.

Romeo32

I'm probably going to be inactive for the next 5 days because I'm going on a marching band trip. I'll still have access to serebii but I doubt I'll be checking it since I'll be pretty busy. I might post a battle review or something when I get back since I had a pretty cool one yesterday but was too busy preparing for the trip to write one. I don't think I'll do the shiny hunt since i find them pretty tedious, but good luck to everyone participating. See you guys soon!

WhyBuffet

Pokémon Breeder
aeYxYMs.png

It’s another guild feature (surprise, surprise)… The Pokémon Crossword Challenge!

This feature is fairly self-explanatory… A Pokémon-themed crossword will be posted in the guild. All you have to do is use the clues to complete the crossword. The first one to submit the correct answers will receive prizes, like battle items or 5IV Pokémon.​

Below is the first Pokémon Crossword Challenge. The crossword contains 26 words, with the clues listed below. Unfortunately, there is no way to fill out the crossword itself, so there are a couple of options:

Option one is to simply list your answers in order.

ex:
1. Answer 1
2. Answer 2
3. Answer 3
etc.

Option two is to print out the crossword, physically fill it out, take a picture of the completed crossword, and then put that picture in your PM to me (WhyBuffet).

Option three is to copy the crossword onto your computer’s paint program, fill it out there, then save it and put it in your PM to me (WhyBuffet).

The first person to submit the correctly completed crossword will receive credit towards one of the new "5IV badge Pokémon" thattowardseen recently introduced to the guild.

7PrNIJX.png

Clues

Across

1. Boldore's Japanese name
4. The Volcano Pokémon
5. "Cargo Port"
11. One of the first Kalos Pokémon to appear in the anime
14. One of the 18 types
15. BST of 395 before Mega Evolution
17. Zinnia and _____
18. Restores 1/16th of HP every turn
19. This city is "rising steam"
21. This character was the partial inspiration for Rotom's design
23. The number of Contest Halls in Mauville City
24. A Hoenn Pokémon with a unique type combination
26. The Fox Pokémon

Down

2. Hatoboh is its Japanese name
3. The Mouse Pokémon
6. "Home to Molten Foundries"
7. A Legendary Pokémon with giant wings
8. A Fire Stone causes this in an Eevee
9. Temporary bonus effects are granted by this
10. Tentacool, the _____ Pokémon
12. One of Team Flare's scientists
13. The winner of the Clubsplosion Tournament
16. A Rock/Water Pokémon with the same English and Japanese name
20. A move that causes paralysis
22. One of Ash's traveling companions
25. A move that prevents sleep

EDIT: It has been brought to my attention that one of the clues (12 down) has more than one possible answer. I thought that because crosswords are inherently self-correcting, this issue would hardly come up, if at all. What I have decided is that if a clue has two or more possible answers that seem to fit into the puzzle, you are free to use whichever you prefer, given they follow the following 2 criteria:

1) Any letters that overlap into another word must be correct
2) The word must fit the criteria of the clue

I might as well use the word in this puzzle as an example. 12 down is "one of Team Flare's scientists," with the 2nd and 6th letters being used for other words. Xerosic and Celosia are both Team Flare scientists, and the 2nd and 6th letters in their names are the same ('e' and 'i' respectively) therefore you are free to choose either as your answer.

EDIT 2: It has also been brought to my attention that there is a spelling error in the puzzle. 2 down should be "Tranquill" but the spaces provided only allow for "Tranquil." That's my bad.

Last edited:

Olzuupro

I might be back to play, but I started omega ruby from the start so I have nothing xD I just wanted to do that pick different starter and such. Enjoying the storyline again xD

Spacial

procrastination
In the crossword, I think there's an error at 2 down, the English name for the Pokemon is spelt with two of the same letters at the end, not one (sorry if that made no sense, I'm trying not to give the answer away). I've made the same mistake before so it's fine but I'm pretty sure that is a mistake so I was just informing you. I've almost finished the crossword, I should really be revising but it's a welcome distraction :)

EDIT: on the crossword, have all but 7 down. Seems unclear to me but I'm probably just being thick.

Last edited:

LynxForte

The Phoenix
In the crossword, I think there's an error at 2 down, the English name for the Pokemon is spelt with two of the same letters at the end, not one (sorry if that made no sense, I'm trying not to give the answer away). I've made the same mistake before so it's fine but I'm pretty sure that is a mistake so I was just informing you. I've almost finished the crossword, I should really be revising but it's a welcome distraction :)

EDIT: on the crossword, have all but 7 down. Seems unclear to me but I'm probably just being thick.

9 and 18 have had me stumped since the crossword was posted...and i possibly have 14 wrong, but there's only one other answer for it.

Edit: Yup, my 14 was wrong. Realized it as soon as I found the answer to 9. So only need 18
Also, if anyone is around, need help trade evolving a mon.

Last edited:

Spacial

procrastination
There are about 5 possible answers for 14 and you can only really tell when you get one of the ones around it. I can be online in around an hour or so if that suits you, I have to finish my revision for the day.

LynxForte

The Phoenix
Well, since 12 was given to us (although it was easy to figure out prior to that), it narrows down 14s answer. I should be around in an hour. Will be cleaning up, but I'll be should be around.

I won't be participating in the shiny hunt or crossword puzzle, however they look like great fun. I might have a go at the next crossword...

I haven't been playing Pokemon, so I don't have any related news. That's why I haven't been posting, since I haven't been interested in playing Pokemon. I've mainly been playing Smash and have also recently gone back to playing Kid Icarus: Uprising.

Spacial

procrastination
I've been wondering if I should get Kid Icarus: Uprising for a while, what's it like? I know what you mean about not being interested in Pokemon and I think most of us here are the same.

My opinion is that Kid Icarus: Uprising is one of the best Nintendo games I've ever played, enough to buy it a second time when I lost my first file and to keep playing after the game reset itself (dirt, maybe? It seemed pretty clean so idk). It has a prominent competitive side online. Solo is great. The characters, enemies, music and scenery is enthralling, and it's a lot more 3D than Smash (they're not similar apart from they're both fighting games, but I know you have Smash so I'm comparing to give you an idea). There are challenges to keep you busy after you've completed the main quest, and I still spend loads of time fusing weapons, and I got the game in 2012.

Spacial

procrastination
I haven't been doing much Pokemon related things but is SuperSmash Bros good for the 3ds?

If you're into all of the competitive stuff, yes. If not then, like me, you'll regret spending so much money on it. I prefer Super Smash Bros Brawl (Wii).

And Skuttler, that sounds like the kind of game I'd be interested in - I'll buy it :)

WhyBuffet

Pokémon Breeder
The crossword puzzle has been solved. Congratulations to ponymon for solving it first. ponymon, you will receive credit towards a 5IV badge; the numbers aren't official yet, but it takes about 4 or 5 of these mini-challenges to make up one badge.

So I started playing Bayonetta yesterday, and after about half an hour I got bored and stopped playing. It is not a bad game by any means, I just wasn't in the right mindset or mood to play that kind of game right now. Therefore, I opted to buy Splatoon at launch, and I'm kind of glad I did; I'm having a lot of fun with it.

Last edited:

Mega Typhlosion

Pokémon Badges and Shiny Hunt

POkemon%20Badges_zpssp5ldl6k.png

I would like to announce a new guild feature: The Ring of Fire Pokémon Badges.

This Pokémon will be distributed as prizes for several accomplishments around the guild. However, they will have several characteristics to make them unique:

- They will all be nicknamed and will have my OT and IDno.
OT: Nuno
ID no.: 01020

- They will all be 5IV versions.

- They can have some signature moves related to the challenges.

These Pokémon can be levelled up and used for breeding, however, to claim your prize, they must retain their moves and item and can not be traded away! They act exactly like badges, they are trophy Pokémon, not intended to be used in battle.
After several badges have been released and obtained, prizes will be awarded at random to those who have obtained a specific badge or several ones. Badges are not unique! They may be awarded a second time in another challenge, so that more people have the chance to get it.

So, to start, two badges are going to be released:

Deep Dive Badge
366.png

Deep Dive @ Heart Scale
Level 1| Timid Nature
- Clamp
- Water Gun
- Whirlpool
- Dive

How to obtain? Win the Deep Dive Shiny Hunt.

Friend Badge
058.png

Friend @ Sitrus Berry
Level 20 | Modest nature
- Helping Hand
- Snarl
- Overheat
- Morning Sun

Note: This is a replica of the Arcanine I'm using on my VGC team right now ;)

How to obtain? Win 5 different casual challenges (crosswords, caption contests, quizzes).

Shiny_zpsgqp2leu3.png

I'd like to announce the second Ring of Fire Shiny Hunt: The DEEP DIVE HUNT!

RULES

The contest will work on the same principle as the Johto Bug Catching Contest. You have 2 weeks to catch the best possible shiny. However, this time we're going to have a real hunt. You will have to find your shiny in the wild using DexNav in OR or AS games.

The criteria for choosing a Pokémon are simple:
- Must be able to learn Dive.
- Must be a Water type.
- Must be found and caught in one of the water routes from Hoenn. Not a "route with water", but one with a majority of water. Routes 105, 106, 126-130 are examples of this. Caves located in those routes like Shoal Cave are okay too.

The contest starts now and will close by 15th June at 6:00 am. This deadline may be extended depending on the submissions and the overall participation.

EVALUATION CRITERIA

The evaluation will be made by myself based on several criteria:
- Perfect IVs (regardless of the stats)
- Egg moves
- Level
- Ability
- Ball used to catch it. Dive Ball gets a bonus.

SUBMISSION

When you get your shiny, you'll have to submit into this thread:

1. A picture of your shiny
It has to show the nature and the date of capture as well as the location and the moves if it has any relevant ones.

2. Details on your Pokémon
Special moves, IVs, ability and level.

You can submit as soon as you want, but the results won't be evaluated until the end of the contest. If you get a non-perfect shiny, you can keep it and keep hatching. If by the end of the contest you haven't found a better one, you can use the one you got before, just like in the Bug Catching Contest.

You're also requested to keep the guild updated about your progress. How many eggs have you hatched so far, for example[/SPOILER]

PRIZES

The winner will have the pleasure of getting the Deep Dive badge, detailed below!
366.png

Deep Dive @ Heart Scale
Level 1| Timid Nature
- Clamp
- Water Gun
- Whirlpool
- Dive

The contenders will also get FPs based on their classification:
1st - 120 FP
2nd - 80 FP
3rd - 50 FP

Every member that submits a shiny successfully and finishes outside the top three will get 20 FP as a consolation regardless of their position.

Last edited:

Spacial

procrastination
It may not be the best idea to judge the shiny based on competitive value, since we're doing a real hunt. That said, I don't know what a better criteria would be. I guess I'll take part in the hunt when I finish my Dex (just Sinnoh and Unova to go).

Splatoon came. With a hat. Have yet to play it because of revision but will do so in about an hour, if possible.

Mega Typhlosion

It may not be the best idea to judge the shiny based on competitive value, since we're doing a real hunt. That said, I don't know what a better criteria would be. I guess I'll take part in the hunt when I finish my Dex (just Sinnoh and Unova to go).

Splatoon came. With a hat. Have yet to play it because of revision but will do so in about an hour, if possible.

Nature may not be a criterion since you'd have to take a Synchronizer to influence it, but everything else are variables that you can influence with the DexNav. The additional moves, the IVs, the Hidden Ability and the Level are all things that DexNav chaining provides. So it will reward those with the highest chains. And the IVs won't be judged competitively since you can't influence which ones you get. So, a 3IV will be a 3IV regardless of the stats. And egg moves are all equally valued ;)

I tried to chain for Spheal/Sealeo and that's a pain xD

Last edited:

Nkg96

Just posting to say that I'm still alive and here I've been having internet problems for the last few days and got it back today. Just saying I've just seen the shiny hunt challenge.

Shade2000

Shade in Shades
I see talk about other games apart from pokemon, which is fine for me because I spent a whole week playing Fire Emblem: Awakening bc I (still) hadn't completed the story and just when I figured out why I had been so bad all along and what I had been doing wrong i acCIDENTALLY DELETE MY FILE so yeah I spent the last 3 days trying to get back to where I was. I'm about 7 chapters away now, but I'm doing better that I was and I have got some of the characters that I previously missed.

Also Splatoon is good, but as far as I know it's only really good if you have other people to play with. The concept is good, but i think it gets bit repetitive as I played it at EuroGamer and I got bored after one game lol.
I was also gonna buy Kid Icarus: Uprising from the dodgy game shop but they lost the card so it couldn't...

Now onto actual relevant pokemon news; I probably used the semicolon wrong but semicolons r cool I was gonna carry on with my pokedex but I forgot you need wifi to use poke bank so I gave up after like an hour lmao.

I'm not gonna enter the shiny hunt though because I have 0 idea how to use the DexNav

Sswifter

I was wanting some information about pokemon mystery dungeon. Is it a fun game? I am wondering because im thinking about getting Pokemon super mystery dungeon that comes out in the Winter.
Any Opinions are appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.