• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ring of Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spacial

procrastination
Tip for any series: don't start with a new addition that hasn't been released yet unless you have no means with which to play previous games. Play either PMD Explorers of Time, Darkness or Sky and you'll get a good idea of what the series is like. Don't get PMD Gates to Infinity bc it's terrible.

Shade Splatoon is mainly online so you play with other people all the time what are you on about haha?

Almost finished Twilight Princess I'm at the last dungeon (Hyrule Castle). I ship Midna/Zelda, Midna/Link and Zant/Ganondorf xD. I'm the kind of person who doesn't ship anything really but eh.

EDIT: Ahhhh my name changed. Yep. It's not a great name but it's better than Ponymon bc I don't like mlp

Last edited:

LynxForte

The Phoenix
I think Shade is referring to Splatoon's lack of being able to chat. You can't really enjoy a multiplayer shooter without being able to chat with teammates or talk bad about the opponents.

Spacial

procrastination
Possibly, although if she played it at Eurogamer it was probably just a demo thing which is why I was asking. I think the matches are too short (3 mins) to establish communication and make a strategy which is why team chat was omitted. I'd like to see longer matches but then again I think the point of the gameplay is that it's kinda chaotic and fast-paced and longer matches wouldn't really work. However with longer matches the game would have more depth so I think team chat should happen with longer matches, but with shorter ones I don't see much point.

LynxForte

The Phoenix
3 minute matches would make me hate that game, but that could be just because I'm used to CoD's 10 minute matches. It just doesn't seem like it's enough to really do enough in a match.

Was going to try to get started on the shiny hunt today, but I'm exhausted from the weekend and don't have the mental focus to shiny hunt using the dexnav. Hopefully tomorrow I can try.

WhyBuffet

Pokémon Breeder
I have been playing Splatoon non-stop since it came out, and already I have a very love-hate relationship with it. What I mean by that is, everything that makes the game awesome (because the game is pretty awesome also has the potential to make the game unbearable at times. For example, the lack of communication is not really a big deal when you start playing the game; the main objective is to splat as much turf as possible, rather than get the most "kills." Because of this, you kind of go out on your own and don't really need to communicate with your teammates. On the other hand though, sometimes random matchup puts you with absolutely horrid players who don't know what they're doing. Voice chat to instruct newer players on what to do and how they could help would have been very beneficial. Despite all of that, I am thoroughly enjoying the game.

As a matter of fact, I will probably not be participating in the shiny hunt because I'm playing Splatoon so much lol

Shade2000

Shade in Shades
I wasn't aware of the online feature but obviously there would be one so it's just me being stupid. It was fun when I played it but I can envision it getting quite boring quite quickly. But then again my version might have been a demo and I only got to play one match because all the queues were hella massive.

Also Spacial, Link is hella gay so can we just not ship him with anything remotely female.
Yeah and Swifter if you are going to play PMD please, for the love of god, play Time, Darkness or Sky (Sky is the best because extra features but whatever.)

I might try and do pokedex things today if I have time because I also have like another 5 things to do....
I haven't been playing pokemon lately because i'm finding it boring, and also because fire emblem and actual real life.

Spacial

procrastination
^ sorry but please don't call stuff hella gay because it's a hella straight thing to do. Link is rlly camp in Skyward Sword though ^~^ and if it helps, LinkxGhirahim.

I've also made it through about half of Wind Waker HD, I'll spoiler the next bit just in case:
I don't like how Tetra turns out to be Zelda. Tetra's such a unique little patriarchy-f*cking character and then she just turns out to be Zelda. The most shocking thing is the change in skin tone, from dark tan to pearl white and I don't like the image that creates, but also Toon Zelda just seems so weak. Apart from that Wind Waker (and OoT and PH) is cool but I prefer the Zelda games for the Wii

Other than that, I have nothing to say. If it's worth mentioning I was breeding a Pokemon and got extremely lucky getting a Pokemon with the exact 5IVs I needed from a 6IV Ditto and ~1/2IV parent :)

Romeo32

Hi guys, I'm back. I don't really have anything else to say since I haven't been battling at all lately, so I guess I'll have to get back on that.

LynxForte

The Phoenix
Just curious if anyone is actually doing the shiny hunt? I know a few of us were interested, but seems that other games have higher interest right now. Was planning on searching later today once I finished cleaning, but it seems the interest isn't there.

Sswifter

I was planning to but I haven't even started yet. I'm too worried about playing other games but things may change and I may look tomorrow.

Shade2000

Shade in Shades
So no one is considering on getting the upcoming Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon?

Oh of course, I get EVERY pokemon game. Even if the versions are the same, I get them both. If I can preordere a special edition as well, I will, even if the new PMD game sucks it's still pokemon.

Just curious if anyone is actually doing the shiny hunt? I know a few of us were interested, but seems that other games have higher interest right now. Was planning on searching later today once I finished cleaning, but it seems the interest isn't there.

I'm not doing it because I don't have time and I don't know how to use the dexnav.

I played a bit of pokemon yesterday but I stopped because my DS was on flashing red and I couldn't be bothered to plug in the charger.

Nkg96

Hey guys my shiny hunt is going terribly hunting for shiny krabby and all I seem to run into are pelliper and then my chain breaks

WhyBuffet

Pokémon Breeder
Hey all, sorry for the inactivity. I have nothing Pokémon-related to report, as all of my free time is currently being devoted to Splatoon. It is a very addicting game, and if anyone else here has it feel free to add me as a Wii U friend (same username) and we can have a couple of matches.

Once the Splatoon mania slows down though, I'll most likely be doing some breeding of some kind, or more battles.

Mega Typhlosion

Sorry for not posting often :p In terms of Pokémon games I've been farming exp and coins in Shuffle to get Venusaurite next weekend and chaining for a Sealeo with DexNav (quite hard actually lol).

I haven't been updating much because I don't play any of those games you guys are talking about so I have nothing to add lol.

I've also been focused on my fakemon drawings ^^

LynxForte

The Phoenix
Sorry for not posting often :p In terms of Pokémon games I've been farming exp and coins in Shuffle to get Venusaurite next weekend and chaining for a Sealeo with DexNav (quite hard actually lol).

I haven't been updating much because I don't play any of those games you guys are talking about so I have nothing to add lol.

I've also been focused on my fakemon drawings ^^

Would be interested in seeing some of your drawings. I started searching for clampearl; not a great competitive mon, but the shiny looks good. Probably won't have much time to search this weekend because saturday is mom's bday and we're expecting a lot of people to show up, so a lot to do.

I'd like to see some of your fakemon as well Fire Hero if you don't mind.

Can anybody give me a Ditto? It doesn't need to be good it's just I don't have Pokebank nor any mirage spots with Ditto atm. I won't be available for thr next couple of hours.

Shade2000

Shade in Shades
mm yeah, fire hero I would love to see your fakemon as the previous ones i've seen have bee really cool!
Sorry for like no news but I have 0 motivation to play so yeah.

Also, Top Skuttler I may be able to lend you a ditto but not if you need it like today because I probably won't come back on.

Status
Not open for further replies.