• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ring of Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miss Meta Mon

I ♥ Poké Dolls
I am on the same side as WhyBuffet... I know I am not very active right now, but if a new game were to be announced my activity in the guild would shoot straight up! Needless to say, I will not be leaving the guild anytime soon :)

Shade2000

Shade in Shades
1. Oops yep 10
2. No but he was the leader of THT so yeah

I agree that I don't like the way which Pokemon is going but that's the way with all of the series I like (Pokemon, LoZ, MK etc) with the exception of Fire Emblem (able to play as the evil side and same sex S-rankings in Fates). To me guilds in Serebii started dying out either when clans were changed to guilds or when THT closed. There's much less interest in guilds now and I don't think they'll regain any popularity. I do like being in a guild, especially with people who I've been in a guild with for a long time/before. If we just try to keep the spirit alive then maybe activity will grow again.

Hmmm, yeah most video games are going downhill except Fire Emblem. That said i'm excited for 2016 because of new games and such.

Who were the original five?

Spacial, Hudsonn98, Klinklang1024, Snivy, and me

Last edited:

Spacial

procrastination
Snivy lol Shade. The original 5 were basically the people who were long-standing members of THT and kept it from inactivity.

Snivy lol Shade. The original 5 were basically the people who were long-standing members of THT and kept it from inactivity.
Heh, singlehandedly keeping a Guild alive, I can relate to that.

Ironic because I'm barely active. Something is making the core fanbase lose interest in Pokemon, myself included, and I don't know what it is, and why it's happening, which really hurts because I truly love Pokemon. I don't know what's going on.

Last edited:
Myself included. I just don't find pokemon interesting atm. I check this guild regularly, but I don't have much to say.

Goodbye Snivy, you were da man.

Last edited:

Shade2000

Shade in Shades
yeah, i relate to that. i really like pokemon and i don't want to start not liking it because it truly is good, i'm just finishing the games a little disappointing at the moment, while other games and other hobbies have been going a lot better.

i also check the guild every day/ every few days but i never have anything to say. maybe to keep activity up we could just chat about unrelated stuff, if we mention pokemon in the post a bit it doesn't count as spam, i don't think.

Mega Typhlosion

Hi everyone ;) We've been challenged for a war with TEF. Since we're a little inactive at the moment, I'd like to know if anyone is interested in joining it, to see if we have enough people.

Meanwhile, I've been active in the Event Trading Thread, and I'm increasing my collection :) Anyone here likes collecting events?

Ironic because I'm barely active. Something is making the core fanbase lose interest in Pokemon, myself included, and I don't know what it is, and why it's happening, which really hurts because I truly love Pokemon. I don't know what's going on.

It happened to me before DPPt, before BW and before XY. I was about to quit when DP came out and then suddenly I bought an NDS just for that. I spent 1 year away from Serebii and Pokémon in general before BW. I spent 4 months away before XY. What's happening is that you're getting bored. We need a new game to keep us into it :)

I've just restarted my event collection so I can keep myself in Pokémon because like everyone else, I don't want to give up and stay away for too long eheh.

Last edited:

LynxForte

The Phoenix
Hi everyone ;) We've been challenged for a war with TEF. Since we're a little inactive at the moment, I'd like to know if anyone is interested in joining it, to see if we have enough people.

I'll battle in the war if we get enough people.

Shade2000

Shade in Shades
I would do the war (so we had enough members) but i don't have an OU team currently, and i'm assuming the war is OU.

Idk, i've never got this bored before. Until XY came out, i could honestly play pokemon the whole year round. Heck I used to go on holiday and play the hell out of BW and HGSS thats why my play times are the highest on those games. I never got bored of them ever. (This probably would have happened with Pearl too, if I hadn't restarted....) I just feel like the newer games have less to do after the main story is over, so I don't feel that they are as good or interesting as the older games. I was actually expecting the remakes to be better than XY because remakes, but they're weren't that much better in the end ;-;

Ekans647

Strongest Shield
I'll do the war. I have an OU team.

I have to agree with you guya. Pokemon is just uninteresting at the moment. The only Pokemon related thing I'm doing is playing through Red Rescue Team, which is really fun. I'm also still involved in the TCG, helping out at my local league. I guess I'm just not as interested in the video games series as I was before. Alpha Sapphire is still an amazing game and one of the best and the series, with tons of stuff to do, but I'm not interested in playing right now. Maybe it's because I'm also playing FE:A (Accidentally deleted my save file) and MGS:TTS. Don't give up yet though. Yesterday I heard some inspiring words regarding hobbies and disciplines. In any interest our passion will ebb and flow. If you accept that, you will continue to pursue it. It important to have friends who support our hobbies so we can stay with them. We're all probably just experiencing a simultaneous ebb in interest because we all play this game together. The Ring of Fire isn't dying out, it's just experiencing a collective ebb in interest. Activity will pick up soon.

WhyBuffet

Pokémon Breeder
I relate to and agree with everything you guys have said about waning interest so far, and Ekans, you hit the nail on the head with that ebb and flow comment, I couldn't agree more with that.

I don't have much to add on to what you have all said, though. Like all of you, my interest in Pokémon is low right now, but it will always be my passion. I am just pursuing other interests right now (like Bravely Default).

I'm the same as Lynx for the war; I'm in if we get enough people. Who will be our war captain though, since snivy is no longer here?

LynxForte

The Phoenix
I relate to and agree with everything you guys have said about waning interest so far, and Ekans, you hit the nail on the head with that ebb and flow comment, I couldn't agree more with that.

I don't have much to add on to what you have all said, though. Like all of you, my interest in Pokémon is low right now, but it will always be my passion. I am just pursuing other interests right now (like Bravely Default).

I'm the same as Lynx for the war; I'm in if we get enough people. Who will be our war captain though, since snivy is no longer here?

I nominate WhyBuffet as the Captain.

How many do we need for the war, 5? And are they looking to battle WiFi of PS?

Romeo32

I'll stay out of the war since I'm horrible at OU. I think the reason for my recent disinterest in the games is that the two things I did in game were breeding and battle spot battles. Breeding is very boring and frustrating at times and the VGC meta is so stale and repetitive that I got bored of it. Hopefully VGC16 will shake up the meta.

Lately I've been more interested in other RPGs like the Dragon Age series, and I would highly recommend Dragon Age: Origins (the first in the series) to anyone, especially RPG fans.

Mega Typhlosion

I've never actually organized a war before so I don't know how many people we need but I'll ask. What exactly is a captain's job anyway? I would go for WhyBuffet since he leads our rankings by a huge distance so it would be kind of a prize eheh

As for the PS vs. WiFi thing, he said it's up to us so I'll propose PS to make things easier unless any of you has anything against it ;)

WhyBuffet

Pokémon Breeder
I've never actually organized a war before so I don't know how many people we need but I'll ask. What exactly is a captain's job anyway? I would go for WhyBuffet since he leads our rankings by a huge distance so it would be kind of a prize eheh

As for the PS vs. WiFi thing, he said it's up to us so I'll propose PS to make things easier unless any of you has anything against it ;)

Actually, to be honest, I find I perform better in battles when I have the physical 3DS in front of me, so unless you've already contacted the other party involved I kind of want to vote for wifi.

LynxForte

The Phoenix
I think the majority of that guild is WiFi so they would probably prefer to play that way as well. I'm on the side of WhyBuffet as well, I play better with a 3DS.

Mega Typhlosion

WiFi is good for me as well, although I was going to sign up as a sub only.

We need 5 people, so right now we have:

- WhyBuffet
- LynxForte
- Ekans647

Subs:
- Fire Hero

So we need AT LEAST one more player to join, and that is if we go without subs (meaning I have to play as a starter and I'll use my gimmick team lol). I'll see if we get someone else to battle, so I can send the full list to them.

WhyBuffet

Pokémon Breeder
I would prefer PS, since I don't if breed.

Well, that's one vote for PS, but three votes for wifi. Perhaps we can make a stipulation when planning the war that if you absolutely need to play Showdown you can? I dunno. I just can't do Showdown; my performance in battles drops significantly when using online simulators, I don't know why.

Status
Not open for further replies.