• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ring of Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhyBuffet

Pokémon Breeder
Username: Nitro1191
Division: Dark Flames
Experience: Fairly new to competitive battling
Timezone: GMT -5
Preferred Battle Method (PS or wifi): wifi
Would you be willing to battle in a method other than your preferred battle method, if necessary? Yes
Availability for testing: Depends on time of day. Mainly during the night.

I have become unavailable for test battles this weekend. However, I am available tonight from 6pm - 10pm, and the weekdays from 7pm - 10pm.

Mega Typhlosion

So, I finished my team for the new Battle Spot season. Pretty interesting so far, I'm happy with it. I'll see how the metagame evolves so I can adapt my EV spreads but for now, Mega Altaria is the boss :p

Spacial

procrastination
For Pinsir how about taking the name of a Legend of Zelda boss? There's a whole bunch of insecty ones.

I've been without wifi since Monday apart from the five minutes which I used to post here, and in that time I've managed to actually breed some stuff. Problem is I didn't have much available to breed from outside of Pokebank haha. Anyway I have a few spare so I'll check if any of them have been donated already and then yeah.

I'd also like to bump my idea which was buried at the bottom of page 68 bc I think it would be fun.

Too bad about the war but we've learnt from it so it's all good. I've got an idea for a tournament - a Battle Factory stylel tourney. Basically in the Battle Factory (which is in the Battle Frontier) you are given 6 Pokemon at random and can choose 3 or 4 to battle with (depending on the type of battle) and you battle with those. If you beat your opponent, you can swap one of your Pokemon with one of theirs. Idk but it's a nice mechanic to keep us on our feet.

Still in Ireland without constant wifi but going back to London (where I live) today. Returning to Ireland in a few weeks for my family's annual holiday there (by family I mean generations, my Irish family always go to this village in Connemara every year)

EDIT: Here.

Username: Spacial
Timezone & Availability to trade: I'll VM you
Pokémon: Hawlucha
Shiny (Y/N): N
Nature: Adamant
Level: 1
Ability: Unburden
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31
Moves: Detect, Tackle, Hone Claws

Timezone & Availability to trade: ^^
Pokémon: Deino
Shiny (Y/N): Dei...no.... Ha......ha.....hahaha.....
Nature: Modest
Ability: Hustle
IVs: 31/x/31/31/31/31
Moves: Tackle, Dragon Rage

Timezone & Availability to trade: ^^
Pokémon: Gastly
Shiny (Y/N): N
Nature: Timid
Ability: Levitate
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31
Moves: Hypnosis, Lick

Sorry for the biggish post!

Last edited:

WhyBuffet

Pokémon Breeder
Too bad about the war but we've learnt from it so it's all good. I've got an idea for a tournament - a Battle Factory style tourney. Basically in the Battle Factory (which is in the Battle Frontier) you are given 6 Pokemon at random and can choose 3 or 4 to battle with (depending on the type of battle) and you battle with those. If you beat your opponent, you can swap one of your Pokemon with one of theirs. Idk but it's a nice mechanic to keep us on our feet.

I thought I commented this back on page 68 but it turns out I didn't... Weird. Anyway, I think this tournament idea is really cool, and would work wonderfully as either an in-house war team tournament or a guild-wide tournament. I am going to assume that it would have to be done on PS (since swapping Pokémon over wifi would be kind of a chore) but it would be really cool. I remember the Battle Factory from Hoenn (and Sinnoh) quite well, and I have fond memories of the facility.

Master Calem

Time traveler fool
Amazing idea! I think that if we implement it, we should all suggest some pokemon sets to be used before starting.

Spacial

procrastination
Yeah, I remember the Battle Frontier from SS because I didn't have R/S/E or Platinum. Well if we're doing it we should pick a tier - OU would be best to give the war team practise. Then narrow down a pool of Pokemon based on usage and how many people are taking part and unless another set is suggested we'll use standard Smogon sets. A random number generator can be used to assign Pokemon at random to people so they can choose out of those which Pokemon to use.

WhyBuffet

Pokémon Breeder
Heads up to anyone who still needs to have a war team test battle, I will be available to conduct test battles starting tomorrow. Tomorrow I will be on and off the forums throughout the day, and will be available to test upon request. Just PM/VM me to set it up. As for other days, my weekday availability is 7pm - 11pm EST. Again, just PM/VM to set something up.

In addition to that, once we have 5 or more members on the war team, I plan on implementing the rank system I thought up.

Ekans647

Strongest Shield
I would love to do a Battle Frontier style tournament! I loved it in Emerald. We could also a Battle Dome style tournament as well.

Mega Typhlosion

Battle Factory was my least favorite of the Battle Frontier facilities, but I think that would be a fun tournament to organize :) I may join in as well if it is PS, to see what I can do :p We just need to agree on the rules.

That said, since the idea of the Pokémon Badges was frozen because we got inactive, I'll restart it by offering a badge for the winner of the tournament. I wanted to use the signature Pokémon of the Factory Head, but in the anime that's Articuno (not going to catch an Articuno for that lol), and in the games his team is random, so I'll award one of my favorite starters and one of the guild's mascots. So, meet the Magic Badge! (It won't be perfect 5IV... since it's not meant to be used in battle, I think it won't make much of a difference so I won't waste time breeding for the Premier Ball or the HA just for this).

Magic Badge
653.png

Nickname: Magic
Item: Sitrus Berry
Level: 10
Poké Ball: Premier Ball
Ability: Magician
Moves: Fire Pledge, Sunny Day, Solar Beam, Hidden Power
OT: Nuno
ID: 01020​

For those who are not aware, these Pokémon Badges cannot be evolved or change their movesets. You may use them for breeding but be careful with the moves. These badges will be used in the future to redeem prizes and FPs, depending on which badges you have. Different badges will be awarded for different things, so, make sure you collect them all to claim your prizes.

Last edited:

WhyBuffet

Pokémon Breeder
So then, how are we going to organize this tournament? Who will be in charge of getting everything sorted and finalized?

Spacial

procrastination
So some of you may have heard, but Satoru Iwata has just died.

Yes I heard, it was due to some kind of cancer/a bile duct growth. Very sad since he was responsible for Nintendo's success and the person responsible for my childhood (I'm just speaking for myself but I'm sure it's the same for others also). I wish there's some way to pay tribute to him.

I can organise the tournament since it was my idea, although I could do with some help. Perhaps the format should be altered from that of the actual Battle Factory because a knockout style tourney would limit participation. Any ideas?

Romeo32

A Battle Factory tournament sounds fun, I'll join. If you don't want to do a knockout style we could do round robin instead.

Mega Typhlosion

I was thinking we could do swiss rounds, with everyone battling everyone, then pick the top 2 and decide the winner in that final. In the end, both players would have a team with at least 4 new additions.

Ninja Eevee

Haunters Gonna Haunt
Username: Ninja Eevee
3DS Friend Code: 3DS currently out of charge, can find out later
PS Name: Ninja Eevee
Desired Division: Bright Flames
Favorite activity in game: DexNav Chaining
Favorite Battle Tier: NU
Referrer: Reshiram
About you: A lot know me already, but for those that dont, im fairly new to competitive battling and enjoy breeding and chaining in-game. Favourite type is water and my favourite pokemon is dunsparce
Why do you want to join a guild: Recently got back into ORAS and having a guild bring more enjoyment to the game
What can you bring to the guild: Discussion, Breeding, EV training

Master Calem

Time traveler fool
So some of you may have heard, but Satoru Iwata has just died.
Yeah,yeah... I thought that it was just a prank when I first heard it. Now that I know the truth I am quite shocked. He was a genius programmer but most importantly, our beloved Iwata, reaching directly through our hearts. Here's a quote from him to pay the respects:
"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer"
1959-2015

Things aside, one must wonder who is going to fill in Iwata's shoes now. Also, I've heard that some people are donating money to ask nintendo to make Iwata's amiibo. Not sure what to say about this one.

Mega Typhlosion

Username: Ninja Eevee
3DS Friend Code: 3DS currently out of charge, can find out later
PS Name: Ninja Eevee
Desired Division: Bright Flames
Favorite activity in game: DexNav Chaining
Favorite Battle Tier: NU
Referrer: Reshiram
About you: A lot know me already, but for those that dont, im fairly new to competitive battling and enjoy breeding and chaining in-game. Favourite type is water and my favourite pokemon is dunsparce
Why do you want to join a guild: Recently got back into ORAS and having a guild bring more enjoyment to the game
What can you bring to the guild: Discussion, Breeding, EV training

Accepted. Welcome back to the community ;)

Spacial

procrastination
Welcome back Eevee!

Swiss rounds sounds good although I'd need help putting it together, I can sort out the Pokemon we'll be using and stuff by myself. I'll start making some kind of post so we can bring it over to our tournament thread but it will probably be a while because I have extended family staying with me so I don't have much time to myself (which I hate because I prefer spending time without people than time with people most of the time... time)

Iwata amiibo? I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have liked that and amiibo are a bit stupid. I also find it hard to imagine amiibo fanatics queueing outside a store for hours to gets their hands on one, as they do with other amiibo.

Status
Not open for further replies.