• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ring of Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alatar VGC

House Greyjoy
Great! Thanks alot :). Im making a competetive team now, but there is sooo many new items/ ways of doing things since platinum. Is there anyone who could help a lost Soul? I know that i want alakazam in My team, but need a team comp wich is Good with Him. Any suggestions?

Which format are you asking about? Singles or VGC/Doubles?

Can help with the latter. If it's the former, other people here are far better qualified :p

LynxForte

The Phoenix
Great! Thanks alot :). Im making a competetive team now, but there is sooo many new items/ ways of doing things since platinum. Is there anyone who could help a lost Soul? I know that i want alakazam in My team, but need a team comp wich is Good with Him. Any suggestions?

Do you want to use regular Alakazam or Mega Alakazam?

WhyBuffet

Pokémon Breeder
Hey everyone, I'm just dropping in on this New Year's Eve to let you all know that starting in the new year (tomorrow), I'll be a bit more inactive than I normally am. This is mainly due to school and playing games other than Pokémon.

Rest assured, I will still be checking in everyday, and if you ever want to battle you just need to PM/VM me.

Also, because it will be the new year soon, I want to get everything back on track and refreshed. So, with that said, starting January 11, 2016 the inactivity rules will come back into effect (be sure to check the inactivity rules in the first post). The inactivity rules say "if the leader feels a member has become inactive," and that is vague for a reason; I give everyone a lot of leeway with inactivity, since I realize everyone has a life. However, as a general rule, usually two weeks with no inactivity of any kind will be the limit.

Also also, starting tomorrow all the Training Dojo positions (not the Emblems, but the positions) will be reset. If you want a Training Dojo position, just PM me all the positions you want. Members who hold the positions currently will take precedence over new applicants (this process is simply to weed out the inactive Dojo Masters). The applications will close on January 2.

Any questions/concerns/criticisms, as always feel free to PM, VM, or post directly in the guild :)

EDIT: A New Year's edit, the Training Dojo positions will be increased from a limit of 4 to a limit of 5.

Last edited:

DJSummers

Ground-Type Champion
Hey everyone, I'm just dropping in on this New Year's Eve to let you all know that starting in the new year (tomorrow), I'll be a bit more inactive than I normally am. This is mainly due to school and playing games other than Pokémon.

Rest assured, I will still be checking in everyday, and if you ever want to battle you just need to PM/VM me.

Also, because it will be the new year soon, I want to get everything back on track and refreshed. So, with that said, starting January 11, 2016 the inactivity rules will come back into effect (be sure to check the inactivity rules in the first post). The inactivity rules say "if the leader feels a member has become inactive," and that is vague for a reason; I give everyone a lot of leeway with inactivity, since I realize everyone has a life. However, as a general rule, usually two weeks with no inactivity of any kind will be the limit.

Also also, starting tomorrow all the Training Dojo positions (not the Emblems, but the positions) will be reset. If you want a Training Dojo position, just PM me all the positions you want. Members who hold the positions currently will take precedence over new applicants (this process is simply to weed out the inactive Dojo Masters). The applications will close on January 11.

Any questions/concerns/criticisms, as always feel free to PM, VM, or post directly in the guild :)

But I love my 4 types they're challenging Teams for people to beat. With that said I'll be definitely be re-applying for them.

Username: Young Xehanort
Division: Bright Flames
Friend Code / PS Username: 3995 - 6665 - 4886
Timezone: US Central
Competitive Battle Experience Level? Novice/Veteran Definitely Novice
Preferred Battle Method? PS/wifi: PS for now
Would you be willing to battle in a method other than your preferred battle method, if necessary? Y/N If absolutely necessary.
Availability for testing: Next 4-5 hours.

LynxForte

The Phoenix
mega alakazam, and thinking about single Beatles.

Yeah, I can help you out with that. Since you've been out of the game for a while, it's probably best to just start over and learn the basics.

(First thing to learn about me is that I will help you, but I won't build a team for you)

What I like to do is a build a core with the "star" pokemon. So I usually put 2 walls around it that resist the most (or hopefully all) of its weaknesses and do not share any common weaknesses. And my definition of common in this case is a type (or a pokemon or an attack) that is seen on every team. Zam's weaknesses are Ghost, Bug and Dark. So what you want to do is a Physically Defensive pokemon and a Specially Defensive pokemon who theoretically aren't weak against those attacks. It would be best if they resist those attacks.

I want to take a second to mention that some of the bulkiest pokemon are in the UU tier, so do not be afraid to look in lower tiers for pokemon that could help out your team.

After I have my core, what I like to do is look for a mon who attacks opposite of my showcase mon (Alakazam SpA, so look for a Physical Attacker). You should also consider coverage as well; MegaZam is more of a clean up/revenge killer than a set up mon, so something that could set up on the physical side wouldn't be bad.

My last 2 slots usually vary depending on what my team lacks. The first choice is usually where I look for a hazard setter (SR, Spikes, T-Spikes, Webs). And because hazards are key, if your team doesn't appreciate hazards (mostly SR), you should look for a pokemon that can use Rapid Spin or Defog. There are some mon who can both set up and remove hazards and those are fun, but depending on the person, it can make filling that last slot difficult. If my 5th slot fulfills both my hazard setter and hazard remover, my 6th pick is something that fulfills coverage. Either with a choice item or a mixed attacker.

Anyway, this is part of my process when it comes to team building (the rare moments I actually take it seriously). Once you're a little more comfortable and decide whether or not you like the way the team plays, certain strategies and playstyles help are developed.

Best of luck! You're in good hands with these guys :)

Welp, Not sure if i'll be around in 35 mins lol so

Happy New Year ROF Members

From the UK ;) lol.

You UK people and your living in the future.

WhyBuffet

Pokémon Breeder
Best of luck! You're in good hands with these guys :)
Welp, Not sure if i'll be around in 35 mins lol so
Happy New Year ROF Members
From the UK ;) lol.

Yeah, it's not quite New Years where I am, but Happy New Year all the same :)

Username: Young Xehanort
Division: Bright Flames
Friend Code / PS Username: 3995 - 6665 - 4886
Timezone: US Central
Competitive Battle Experience Level? Novice/Veteran Definitely Novice
Preferred Battle Method? PS/wifi: PS for now
Would you be willing to battle in a method other than your preferred battle method, if necessary? Y/N If absolutely necessary.
Availability for testing: Next 4-5 hours.

Sorry I missed you for availability, Xehanort.
If you want to PM me a time that works for you for a test battle, that'd be great
(the same goes for Hakallowin, he also needs a test battle if I recall correctly).

So I've been giving it some thought, and I think that re-introducing some admins to the guild would be a good idea, especially since my presence will not be as prevalent in the guild in the new year.

The admins would have the following responsibilities:

- accepting new members (the current Marcargo/Rapidash rule would be nullified)
- accepting war team test battles

The responsibilities could grow as deemed fit.
I would want one admin in both divisions, for a total of two admins.
There are multiple ways in which the admins could be determined. I could simply pick them myself based on guild activity, etc., but I want to know what you guys think.
Should we have a poll or a vote to determine admin positions, or do you guys want me to pick the members whom I feel are most qualified?

Alatar VGC

House Greyjoy
So I've been giving it some thought, and I think that re-introducing some admins to the guild would be a good idea, especially since my presence will not be as prevalent in the guild in the new year.

There are multiple ways in which the admins could be determined. I could simply pick them myself based on guild activity, etc., but I want to know what you guys think.
Should we have a poll or a vote to determine admin positions, or do you guys want me to pick the members whom I feel are most qualified?

A poll sounds like a fair way of going about it. So I vote for a poll? Is that allowed lol?

DJSummers

Ground-Type Champion
Yeah, it's not quite New Years where I am, but Happy New Year all the same :)

Sorry I missed you for availability, Xehanort.
If you want to PM me a time that works for you for a test battle, that'd be great
(the same goes for Hakallowin, he also needs a test battle if I recall correctly).

Well no matter what is chosen, just make sure the people chosen for the job actually wants it, I've been places where people who had authority might have started out using it, but ended up not doing anything after awhile. Of course that's why their's an option of stepping down now.

A poll would be good, I mean it allows everyone to have a say. Even thought I just thought of having the Division Members choose who represent them as Admin, and if that person wants it, sure, if not just move on to the next.

And also,
The Ring of Fire Holiday Puzzle will be over tonight at 12:00 EST, if you've done it or wanted to try it, do so and send in your Answers before 12 EST, and may your next Crossword Puzzle be with you soon.

Lastly!
HAPPY EARLY NEW YEAR!!

Because clearly its not 2016 at this time, but give it 2 hours and it'll be just that time.

Last edited:

WhyBuffet

Pokémon Breeder
Well no matter what is chosen, just make sure the people chosen for the job actually wants it, I've been places where people who had authority might have started out using it, but ended up not doing anything after awhile. Of course that's why their's an option of stepping down now.

Good point, Summers.

With that in mind, anyone who wants to be considered for an admin for their division, please PM me by Tuesday, January 5th.
Then, each division can vote for who they'd like to be their admin.

yf0x32

It's been the new year here already for a couple of hours now so happy late new year to all!

I'm just seeing that training dojo thing whybuffet posted and I'm tempted again. But I problem won't be applying for it anymore. I realized I hardly have enough time to battle. And I've only had a couple of matches around here so far. I've been working on drawing a lot these few days. So there's that.

Again. Happy new year!

God damn activity has skyrocketed, which is definitely a good thing. I agree on polls for adminship, that seems fair. I'm lending my 6IV Ditto to a friend so I can't breed for a while. I'm still available for OU PS battles, so shoot me a VM!

PappaDragon20

Sneasel Master
Username: PappaDragon20
3DS Friend Code: 3196-6100-8812
PS Name: (PS name? never heard of that before.)
Desired Division: Dark fire (my two favorite types. fire and dark <3)
Favorite In-Game Activity: EV training and wrecking players online.
Favorite Battle Tier: OU (competitively i prefer OU but when playing casually i play without rules or restrictions)
Referrer (if any): Reshiram. (lets see who pays attention and catches its location >:D)
About You:Oh about me huh? well i have been playing pokemon since blue and red were still relatively new i didnt understand what competitive gameplay was until about 5th gen and haven't been able to stop training for comp ever since. (still new to it but i love it.) i am 22 years old will be turning 23 in February on the 18th i have a son who is 2 years old and my ex rarely lets me see. fun easy going guy who just wants to have fun.
Why do you Want to Join a Guild?: hmm well i to remember when the site used to have clans but a lot of them have crumbled down into nothing and so i was looking for a guild/clan that had been around for a long time and well this guild kinda took it in that aspect on top of that i love Dark ypes and Fire types so well why not go for the Dark division? that's why i wish to join simply because i know this guild can and has lasted for awhile now.
What can you Bring to the Guild?: I can bring Victory in many battles and wars. that's right i wish to join the war team and trust me you will not regret it, heck i will battle anyone who doubts my ability using OU or uber tiers single or double battles.

Last edited:

WhyBuffet

Pokémon Breeder
Username: PappaDragon20
3DS Friend Code: 3196-6100-8812
PS Name: (PS name? never heard of that before.)
Desired Division: Dark fire (my two favorite types. fire and dark <3)
Favorite In-Game Activity: EV training and wrecking players online.
Favorite Battle Tier: OU (competitively i prefer OU but when playing casually i play without rules or restrictions)
Referrer (if any): N/A
About You:Oh about me huh? well i have been playing pokemon since blue and red were still relatively new i didnt understand what competitive gameplay was until about 5th gen and haven't been able to stop training for comp ever since. (still new to it but i love it.) i am 22 years old will be turning 23 in February on the 18th i have a son who is 2 years old and my ex rarely lets me see. fun easy going guy who just wants to have fun.
Why do you Want to Join a Guild?: hmm well i to remember when the site used to have clans but a lot of them have crumbled down into nothing and so i was looking for a guild/clan that had been around for a long time and well this guild kinda took it in that aspect on top of that i love Dark ypes and Fire types so well why not go for the Dark division? that's why i wish to join simply because i know this guild can and has lasted for awhile now.
What can you Bring to the Guild?: I can bring Victory in many battles and wars. that's right i wish to join the war team and trust me you will not regret it, heck i will battle anyone who doubts my ability using OU or uber tiers single or double battles.

You're missing something in your application.
Re-read the rules and edit your post :)

Status
Not open for further replies.