• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ring of Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

shiny collector 96

search 4 osl badges!
Finally got My Abra with Magic guard and the right nature :) but how does ev training Work On Alpha sapphire? Is it pretty much that App super training or?

DJSummers

Ground-Type Champion
Finally got My Abra with Magic guard and the right nature :) but how does ev training Work On Alpha sapphire? Is it pretty much that App super training or?

You can use Super Training for EVin, but it's faster to just buy the EV Training Power Items, and battle against Hordes, which you need a Pokemn with Sweet Scent or the Honey Item used to encounter them easier.
HP - Whismur (Rusturf Tunnel)
Attack - Shuppet (Mt. Pyre [Cemetary Area])
Defense - Sandshrew (Route 111)
Sp. Atk - Oddish (Route 119) or Spinda (Route 113)
Sp. Def - Swablu (Route 115)
Speed - Zigzagoon, Wingull, and Taillow (Route 104 [North of Petalburg Woods is Wingull, and South is Taillow])

Have lots of fun!!

LynxForte

The Phoenix

Horde training is the easiest unless you're trying to get some crazy EV spread. With horde training, if your pokemon is holding the correct item and has pokerus, it gives 50 evs in the respect stat. Even if you don't have pokerus and the hold item, its still quicker with the help of exp. share and a strong pokemon with a spread move that will ohko.

DJSummers

Ground-Type Champion

Horde training is the easiest unless you're trying to get some crazy EV spread. With horde training, if your pokemon is holding the correct item and has pokerus, it gives 50 evs in the respect stat. Even if you don't have pokerus and the hold item, its still quicker with the help of exp. share and a strong pokemon with a spread move that will ohko.

Right, its best to have moves that hit all Pokemon when Horde Battling such as Surf and Earthquake, and also make sure to not have Pokemon that aren't EV'd for different stats in as the entire Team gets EV'd at the same time when the Exp. Share is being used.

Also on that note, I'm free for Guild & Dojo (Ground, Grass, Poison, Normal) Battles for those who wish to Challenge.

Never actually used Hordes in fear of messing it up, I'll try it out next time I breed something.

What do you guys think accompanies a Mega Gallade/Bisharp core? I'm honestly confused past this point and really can't think of anything.

LynxForte

The Phoenix
Never actually used Hordes in fear of messing it up, I'll try it out next time I breed something.

What do you guys think accompanies a Mega Gallade/Bisharp core? I'm honestly confused past this point and really can't think of anything.

I would pick Weezing for defense or Gengar for attack

DJSummers

Ground-Type Champion

Like Lynx said above, since Fairy hits Bisharp regular effectively and even though it can fight back, you could use a Poison-type to either take the hit, or defeat it faster. Plus Weezing and Gengar both have Levitate so they're immune to Ground. Unless your opponent is using Mold Breaker and Earthquake which you would most definitely see coming. But if you do happen to pick Gengar, you could always try and throw in a Gliscor or Landorus for Defensive support.
I'm use to battling with teams on PS then do my best to converting them into wifi teams.

Like Lynx said above, since Fairy hits Bisharp regular effectively and even though it can fight back, you could use a Poison-type to either take the hit, or defeat it faster. Plus Weezing and Gengar both have Levitate so they're immune to Ground. Unless your opponent is using Mold Breaker and Earthquake which you would most definitely see coming. But if you do happen to pick Gengar, you could always try and throw in a Gliscor or Landorus for Defensive support.
I'm use to battling with teams on PS then do my best to converting them into wifi teams.

Oh, now I understand, and now I feel dumb. I believe when I asked somewhere else, I vaguely remember Rotom-W coming up as an option. What do you guys think of that?

We can battle anytime man, just hit me up.

DJSummers

Ground-Type Champion
Oh, now I understand, and now I feel dumb. I believe when I asked somewhere else, I vaguely remember Rotom-W coming up as an option. What do you guys think of that?

We can battle anytime man, just hit me up.

Rotom-W could work too, just its best to limit the weaknesses of some Pokemon to a minimum. Balances the team out.

LynxForte

The Phoenix
Rotom-W could work, but the most common fairy moves that will be seen are Moonblast and Pixilate Hyper Voice. You could see Play Rough from Azumarill, but accuracy makes you not worry about and depending on investment, Bisharp still handles it decently (just don't switch it on to take that hit). Anyway, my point about Rotom-W is that 90% of the time is physically defensive, the other 10% being offensive and specially defensive. It's not something you want taking a pixilate boosted hyper voice. Weezing isn't the best option to take on Gardevoir (or Sylveon until you know the set) because Psyshock I believe either OHKOs or does 90%. Gengar would be my choice to make that your offensive core as it outspeeds any pixilate pokemon and handles them with sludge bomb/wave.

Rotom-W could work, but the most common fairy moves that will be seen are Moonblast and Pixilate Hyper Voice. You could see Play Rough from Azumarill, but accuracy makes you not worry about and depending on investment, Bisharp still handles it decently (just don't switch it on to take that hit). Anyway, my point about Rotom-W is that 90% of the time is physically defensive, the other 10% being offensive and specially defensive. It's not something you want taking a pixilate boosted hyper voice. Weezing isn't the best option to take on Gardevoir (or Sylveon until you know the set) because Psyshock I believe either OHKOs or does 90%. Gengar would be my choice to make that your offensive core as it outspeeds any pixilate pokemon and handles them with sludge bomb/wave.

That was great, so can I just run any regular Gengar set? Anything I should specify for this core?

LynxForte

The Phoenix
That was great, so can I just run any regular Gengar set? Anything I should specify for this core?

I would go standard offensive. Either life orb or focus sash. But it's a preference thing. Not many people go with fully offensive Gengar anymore. Some do taunt, WoW, Destiny Bond

Last edited:

DJSummers

Ground-Type Champion
I would go standard offensive. Either life orb or focus sash. But it's a preference thing. Not many people go with fully offensive Gengar anymore. Some do taunt, WoW, Destiny Bond

Yeah, I only run Destiny Bond on my Lead Gengar, because its speedy and has that choice preference.

WhyBuffet

Pokémon Breeder
The Dojo positions have been reset and updated with those who have re-submitted their applications.

In addition, the limit on Dojo Masters positions any one person can hold has increased from 4 to 5

WhyBuffet

Pokémon Breeder
Username: PappaDragon20
3DS Friend Code: 3196-6100-8812
PS Name: (PS name? never heard of that before.)
Desired Division: Dark fire (my two favorite types. fire and dark <3)
Favorite In-Game Activity: EV training and wrecking players online.
Favorite Battle Tier: OU (competitively i prefer OU but when playing casually i play without rules or restrictions)
Referrer (if any): Reshiram. (lets see who pays attention and catches its location >:D)
About You:Oh about me huh? well i have been playing pokemon since blue and red were still relatively new i didnt understand what competitive gameplay was until about 5th gen and haven't been able to stop training for comp ever since. (still new to it but i love it.) i am 22 years old will be turning 23 in February on the 18th i have a son who is 2 years old and my ex rarely lets me see. fun easy going guy who just wants to have fun.
Why do you Want to Join a Guild?: hmm well i to remember when the site used to have clans but a lot of them have crumbled down into nothing and so i was looking for a guild/clan that had been around for a long time and well this guild kinda took it in that aspect on top of that i love Dark ypes and Fire types so well why not go for the Dark division? that's why i wish to join simply because i know this guild can and has lasted for awhile now.
What can you Bring to the Guild?: I can bring Victory in many battles and wars. that's right i wish to join the war team and trust me you will not regret it, heck i will battle anyone who doubts my ability using OU or uber tiers single or double battles.

Accepted!
I shall add you to the member list shortly.

shiny collector 96

search 4 osl badges!
Would like to give something to the bazar;

Username: Shiny Collector 96
Timezone & Availability to trade: when im on
Pokémon: Shiny (Y/N): Yes
Nature: Lonely
Level: 35
Ability: water veil
IVs: i dont Even know how to find that out lol
Moves: pursuit, swift, Aqua jet, double hit
Asking Poké Coin Price: 4

And i would also like to Get something from the bazar;

Username: Shiny Collector 96
Loan Amount: 4 (enough for the crobat)

Last edited:

PappaDragon20

Sneasel Master
Username:pappadragon20
Division:Dark Fire
Friend Code / PS Username: 3196-6100-8812
Timezone: -800 pacific united states
Competitive Battle Experience Level? Novice/Veteran: Veteran
Preferred Battle Method? PS/wifi Ummm wifi but i would like to know what PS is so i can learn it and use that as well.
Would you be willing to battle in a method other than your preferred battle method, if necessary? Y/N depend if i have experience in that battle method or not. or if i have a team ready for it.
Availability for testing: weekends or any day of the week after 4:30 pm

Last edited:

DJSummers

Ground-Type Champion
Username:pappadragon20
Division:Dark Fire
Friend Code / PS Username: 3196-6100-8812
Timezone: -800 pacific united states
Competitive Battle Experience Level? Novice/Veteran: Veteran
Preferred Battle Method? PS/wifi Ummm wifi but i would like to know what PS is so i can learn it and use that as well.
Would you be willing to battle in a method other than your preferred battle method, if necessary? Y/N depend if i have experience in that battle method or not. or if i have a team ready for it.
Availability for testing: weekends or any day of the week after 4:30 pm

PS is short for Pokemon Showdown, it's a website that allows you to build a team and battle. www.pokemonshowdown.com it's easy to join and fun for making teams for testing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.