• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ring of Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

yf0x32

I have no idea how to post pictures and all so I'll go with a text thing. That and it's hard to do all that using a phone.

DRAGONITE
Ability: multiscale
Nature: adamant or jolly
Item: lum berry or leftovers or choice band
Ev: 252 attack, 252 speed, 4 he

Moveset:
Dragon claw/outrage/dragon rush
Dragon dance/extreme speed
Thunder punch/fire punch
Earthquake/extreme speed

DRAGONITE is a awesome once ye can get one or 2 dragon dances in. A predicted earhquake on heat ran would be a good chance to switch him in and setup with dragon dance.
Fire punch for ice type threats and thunder punch for water type threats. Extreme speed is an option over dragon dance if going choiced. Earthquake for coverage.

Dragon claw is a good staple but ye can go dragon rush for a more powerful but less accurate move. Outrage is there for pure power combined with lum berry to cure confusion. But not really recommended cuz of fairies.

Yellow De Viridian Grove

I have no idea how to post pictures and all so I'll go with a text thing. That and it's hard to do all that using a phone.

DRAGONITE
Nature: adamant or jolly
Item: lum berry or leftovers or choice band
Ev: 252 attack, 252 speed, 4 he

Moveset:
Dragon claw/outrage/dragon rush
Dragon dance/extreme speed
Thunder punch/fire punch
Earthquake/extreme speed

DRAGONITE is a awesome once ye can get one or 2 dragon dances in. A predicted earhquake on heat ran would be a good chance to switch him in and setup with dragon dance.
Fire punch for ice type threats and thunder punch for water type threats. Extreme speed is an option over dragon dance if going choiced. Earthquake for coverage.

Dragon claw is a good staple but ye can go dragon rush for a more powerful but less accurate move. Outrage is there for pure power combined with lum berry to cure confusion. But not really recommended cuz of fairies.
Waaaaay too many options. Heatran only had one and that is only because it depends on the rest of the team. I'd pick some moves especially since they affect the items.

yf0x32

Waaaaay too many options. Heatran only had one and that is only because it depends on the rest of the team. I'd pick some moves especially since they affect the items.

In that case.. just go with this one then. One of my favorite DRAGONITE builds. (This counts as just one right? Since I just edited my original post to use just one option instead of a lot)

DRAGONITE
Nature: jolly
Item: weakness policy
Ev: 252 attack, 252 speed, 4 hp

Moveset:
Dragon claw
Dragon dance
Thunder punch
extreme speed

Switching in on a predicted earthquake and setting up. Weakness policy plus multiscale works quite well with weak se moves and gives him quite a boost. Went for extreme speed for priority cuz it's totally necessary.

Ascended Dialga

Sorry I've been gone for so long. I had to take an unexpected journey. And yes, I watched the Hobbit.

I'd like to give a shoutout to you, SerenadingCelebi, for referring me to this guild, and to Regi_Rocks and HM02gon for inspiring me to actually join. I give my thanks to all of you!

One of my Pokémon hobbies is collecting HA Pokémon. I'm looking for a lot of Pokémon, but for now, I'll just start with the Kanto families that I need:

- Caterpie (Run Away)
- Weedle (Run Away)
- Nidoran-F (Hustle)
- Nidoran-M (Hustle)
- Diglett (Sand Force)
- Mankey (Defiant)
- Bellsprout (Gluttony)
- Grimer (Poison Touch)
- Shellder (Overcoat)
- Onix (Weak Armor)
- Exeggcute (Harvest)
- Cubone (Battle Armor)
- Kangaskhan (Inner Focus)
- Horsea (Damp)
- Scyther (Steadfast)
- Smoochum (Hydration)
- Pinsir (Moxie)
- Tauros (Sheer Force)
- Omanyte (Weak Armor)
- Kabuto (Weak Armor)
- Aerodactyl (Unnerve)

Alatar VGC

House Greyjoy
I want to play competetive but My team is far from finished :/ the struggle

Well you've come to the right place!

What did you have in mind? I think previously you mentioned singles around Zam no?

Also that is the purpose of the current CCAT (Clan Choose A Team).

To allow those of us who struggle with team building to do so as a community. Getting many different prospectives on Pokemon etc.

Also, since we don't yet have a psychic or a mega for the team, i'm sure you can submit it ;)

:)

Br0k3n s0Ul

Br0k3n sOUl
I would like to contribute to the CCAT:

Flareon

Now, I know what you're thinking, why use a PU Pokemon in the OU tier? Simply for the set I like to use:
Item: Choice Band
Moves:
Last Resort
---
---
---
EVs: 252 Attack/ 252 Speed/ 4 HP.​

Still confused? Well, a Choice Band Last Resort, while it can never be STAB or SE, is still very powerful on a Pokemon with a higher attack stat than Arceus. Why not use Ursaring with Guts and Toxic Orb, you ask? Sure, it gets STAB, but it takes a turn to reach it's full potential, while, CB Flareon not only has higher stats in most fields, but it also can begin sweeping immediately. The reason I want it in this team is because it adds a physical sweeper that will destroy any special walls that Serperior can't get past, such as Regice or Florges, even though those two aren't used very often. (Except maybe Regice)

Last edited:

LynxForte

The Phoenix

Flareon

Now, I know what you're thinking, why use a PU Pokemon in the OU tier? Simply for the set I like to use:
Moves:
Last Resort
---
---
---

Still confused? Well, a Choice Band Last Resort, while it can never be STAB or SE, is still very powerful on a Pokemon with a higher attack stat than Arceus. Why not use Ursaring with Guts and Toxic Orb, you ask? Sure, it gets STAB, but it takes a turn to reach it's full potential, while, CB Flareon not only has higher stats in most fields, but it also can begin sweeping immediately.

While it is perfectly fine to suggest pokemon that you like, to make a competitively viable team, you should ask yourself "What does this pokemon do for the team at the time I am including it?" And when it comes to suggesting it for a CCAT, you should let others know that reason as well so they have a reason to vote for it.

I have decided to make Submissions 24 hours and Voting 24 hours. It seems everyone is submitting fairly quickly, so this will allow us to finish a team quicker. With that said, any final submissions will need to be posted within the next hour.

Last edited:

LynxForte

The Phoenix
Sorry for the double post. I just want to make sure that everyone checks this

479-w.png

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability : Levitate
Nature: Calm
EV's : 252 HP / 44 Def / 60 SAtk / 152 SDef
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
- Hydro Pump

Renominating Rotm-W because we really need a water type and only having one weakness on top of being able to start a Volt-Turn core and just have nice switch advantage is lovely. He also has a slower Volt-Switch which can allow Serp to come in more easily. Will-o-Wisp also hits things like TTar and Scizor that threaten Serp and can tank hits even with a boost (Scizor just outspeed with Bullet Punch and chunks). Most importantly though, Rotom-W checks every Talonflame ever as Hydro Pump 2HKO's (OHKO's after Rocks) SDef Talon and Rotom-W isn't 2HKO by anything bar +2 Brave Bird, but you OHKO back, so it's moot. Besides, if anything, you force them out.​
Righty ho! :)

Lynx, hope you don't mind if I submit this.

395.png

Empoleon @ Leftovers

Ability : Torrent
Nature : Modest
EV's : 252 HP/252 Special attack / 4 Special Defense
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rocks
- Defog

Now, hold up. Before you question this choice. First off Empoleon is an awesome water type. Something we need a this point in time. Yes, I know. It shares half it's typing with Heatran and gives us an additional ground/fighting weakness!
However, it also acts as our hazard remover! Something we don't yet have. Plus, unlike some (not all I grant you) hazard removers, this one cares very little about either toxic spikes or rocks. You can bring this thing on most dragon types and fairy types with ease. Starmie I'm looking at you
Now for the set.
I know, most of you will wonder, why not calm and full defensive investment? Welp, Empoleon has decent offenses and access to two of the best moves in scald and ice beam respectively. By investing in offenses, it means that you can bring it in and it won't just sit there walling things. However, if enough of you say so then this set can be redesigned to a more defensive build.​
Hakallowin, you forgot my Rotom-Wash's Nickname (Ready 2 Wash). How could you hurt its feelings like that. You should feel ashamed!!

Anyways, I wanted to post an entirely new Pokemon,
036.png

Fairytale (Clefable) @Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Nature: Bold
EV's : 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SDef
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Protect

Clefable would be a nice addition to this Team, it has cleric capabilities to heal off Status wounds that could pose threats to Pokemon. Its defensive enough to take an BB from a Talonflames and with Unaware, not even care about Pokemon that setup on it. Its typing helps Heatran as it can be swapped in to take Fighting-type attacks. And it has an Immunity to the all power Dragon attacks.

Clefable may not be able to beat a Talonflame, but it is good enough to wall it and cause it to eventually switch. Wish + Protect for the obvious reason of Clefable being able to gain itself HP back, and can use Protect as a scouting attack. Wish could also on the other hand be used to heal damaged teammate, although you cannot be too obvious on who you're switching too as some battlers catch on to the Wish + Pass to Teammate Strategy. Our Cleric move Heal Bell helps remove status effects from teammates who may have been made useless due to them, like a paralyzes Serperior who won't have any speed. Lastly Moonblast, all Pokemon need at least 1 form of move to actually attack with to avoid the taunting, and Clefable has Moonblast which beat lots of the Dark, and Dragon-types that people may use. Lots of Pokemon hate going up against Clefable when they don't have any Poison, or Steel moves to do lots of damage. The only other means of defeating it would be Clefable being swapped in to take too many attacks, and a critical hit.

Therefore, I wish you all allow Fairytale to make the team.​
In that case.. just go with this one then. One of my favorite DRAGONITE builds. (This counts as just one right? Since I just edited my original post to use just one option instead of a lot)

149.png

DRAGONITE
Nature: jolly
Item: weakness policy
Ev: 252 attack, 252 speed, 4 hp

Moveset:
Dragon claw
Dragon dance
Thunder punch
extreme speed​

Switching in on a predicted earthquake and setting up. Weakness policy plus multiscale works quite well with weak se moves and gives him quite a boost. Went for extreme speed for priority cuz it's totally necessary.

136.png

Flareon

Moves:
Last Resort
---
---
---

Still confused? Well, a Choice Band Last Resort, while it can never be STAB or SE, is still very powerful on a Pokemon with a higher attack stat than Arceus. Why not use Ursaring with Guts and Toxic Orb, you ask? Sure, it gets STAB, but it takes a turn to reach it's full potential, while, CB Flareon not only has higher stats in most fields, but it also can begin sweeping immediately. The reason I want it in this team is because it adds a physical sweeper that will destroy any special walls that Serperior can't get past, such as Regice or Florges, even though those two aren't used very often. (Except maybe Regice)

Voting is open and you have 24 hours. Remember, you cannot vote for your own submission.

Alatar VGC

House Greyjoy
Thinking about this, gotta say

Imma votin' for Clefable!

Heatran is already specially bulky, so it's nice to get some physical bulk in there.

Plus it switches nicely into fighting types, something none of the other nominations can do.

Yes, I know Dragonite, but that breaks multiscale.....

DJSummers

Ground-Type Champion
I'm voting Clefable because it has a nickname Ready 2 Wash (Rotom-Wash)

Can't vote for my own so I go for my last time Nominee, Ready 2 Wash, and just like before it covers the Grass, Fire, Water aspect of the situation.

Empoleon is good too, but I think its confused on if it wants to Set up Hazard or remove them. Now that I think of it, I wonder if I have Pokemon sets that are the same way, I know I have Teams like that and PS people use to ask if I were setting up or removing with Defog, Rapid Spin would have made more sense to them it seems.

Dragonite, it need Clefable to function well, and I must say, most Multiscale's get broken now these days, and Lum Berry would make a better item as Weakness Policy was way too overused for anyone to not damage Dragonite with a Status if they have it.

Flareon, that sets needs my assistance. Flareon likes to beat Rock, Steel, and Ghost, not run from them. Needs more Flare Blitz, Superpower, Facade, Protect, and Flame Charge, sort of moves. Last Resort and me don't get along.

Alatar VGC

House Greyjoy
Dragonite, it need Clefable to function well, and I must say, most Multiscale's get broken now these days, and Lum Berry would make a better item as Weakness Policy was way too overused for anyone to not damage Dragonite with a Status if they have it.

I prefer lum berry over weakness policy. Will O Wisp/T-Wave and to a lesser (tho no less serious) degree toxic are literally everywhere.

Status cripples Dnite and makes the policy a dead weight :(. It's cool if it manages to use it, but weakness policy is better left to the likes of Ageislash. All IMO of course, Sorry.

Empoleon is good too, but I think its confused on if it wants to Set up Hazard or remove them. Now that I think of it, I wonder if I have Pokemon sets that are the same way, I know I have Teams like that and PS people use to ask if I were setting up or removing with Defog, Rapid Spin would have made more sense to them it seems.

This too! You've seen me run Empoleon on PS and it is very contradictory. It does force like two turns to get rid of hazards and set up our own again. However it's typing is nice and it fills the spot of hazard remover better then some other options. Not all I grant you :p

Br0k3n s0Ul

Br0k3n sOUl
Flareon, that sets needs my assistance. Flareon likes to beat Rock, Steel, and Ghost, not run from them. Needs more Flare Blitz, Superpower, Facade, Protect, and Flame Charge, sort of moves. Last Resort and me don't get along.
First of all, Facade Toxic Orb? A little overused, don't you think? Along with a Lava Plume from a team member? Sure, it's a good strat, but it doesn't exactly string together. Or maybe Leftovers, Flare Blitz, Protect, but even that's unreliable with Taunt in play. Perhaps Torment (though it's not a very highly used move) may destroy my strat, but then you switch if you can. If not, go down with a Struggle, which would still be pretty powerful. What I'm trying to say is, I don't see a very big problem with this build, even if I did leave out a few details.

Last edited:

LynxForte

The Phoenix
First of all, Facade Toxic Orb? A little overused, don't you think? Along with a Lava Plume from a team member? Sure, it's a good strat, but it doesn't exactly string together. Or maybe Leftovers, Flare Blitz, Protect, but even that's unreliable with Taunt in play. Perhaps Torment (though it's not a very highly used move) may destroy my strat, but then you switch if you can. If not, go down with a Struggle, which would still be pretty powerful. What I'm trying to say is, I don't see a very big problem with this build, even if I did leave out a few details.

Summers is not saying your set is bad, he's offering an alternative. Please do not take any offense; everything said is opinionated. Also, please keep in mind that we are building a competitive team, if something is overused, there is always a reason for it. What we are trying to do here is not offer something new, but help others learn the meta and the best way to do that is start with the basics. They must first understand why a set is used before they try to get creative.

WhyBuffet

Pokémon Breeder
I'm voting Rotom.
I think Rotom-Wash very nicely completes the Fire/Water/Grass core we've got going on.
I was originally going to suggest Slowbro for the CCAt, but then I realized that Rotom-Wash pretty much does everything that I wanted Slowbro to do for the team, so I held off until voting.

Summers is not saying your set is bad, he's offering an alternative. Please do not take any offense; everything said is opinionated. Also, please keep in mind that we are building a competitive team, if something is overused, there is always a reason for it. What we are trying to do here is not offer something new, but help others learn the meta and the best way to do that is start with the basics. They must first understand why a set is used before they try to get creative.

Also this. I love this. I couldn't agree more.

Br0k3n s0Ul

Br0k3n sOUl
Also this. I love this. I couldn't agree more.
Wait, so you like the set? I mean, I do agree that it shares a typing with Heatran, and it's not exactly very defensive, but I do wish that it was more loved. No offense taken, don't worry. I'm just a little sensitive, that's all.

DJSummers

Ground-Type Champion

No its not, like I posted at the end, Last Resort and I just don't get along well. And you are right, My Flareon set has Flare Blitz, Superpower, Flame Charge, Protect. Never thought of Facade at first, but I have seen it used from another Flareon, I just like to raise my Speed, and hit with powerful attacks. I've seen Last Resort in action and its power is awesome, just never works for me.

Br0k3n s0Ul

Br0k3n sOUl
No its not, like I posted at the end, Last Resort and I just don't get along well. And you are right, My Flareon set has Flare Blitz, Superpower, Flame Charge, Protect. Never thought of Facade at first, but I have seen it used from another Flareon, I just like to raise my Speed, and hit with powerful attacks. I've seen Last Resort in action and its power is awesome, just never works for me.

Have you tried making it the only move it knows?

Status
Not open for further replies.