• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ring of Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhyBuffet

Pokémon Breeder
Announcements_zpsxx7f46ub.png

This is another message regarding inactivity (and hopefully the last one for a while).

This is the way things are going to work from now on:

- If I notice that you have become inactive for a few weeks (usually a month is the limit) I will PM you letting you know that you have one week to post in the guild to retain your member status.

- If you do not post within a week, you will be removed from the guild, and won't be able to re-apply for 3 months.

- Please be aware that I take into account your overall contributions to the guild when making my decisions about inactivity: for example, if you're a member that's ranked up a couple of times, contributes to discussion regularly, and battles frequently, then I may wait two months rather than one, or maybe send you a PM checking to make sure everything is okay first before giving you a week's notice. Conversely, if you are a new member and the only post you've made in a month is your application, I will adhere to the one month rule of thumb.

- I realize that the guild is not everyone's primary concern in life, and I'm certainly not expecting a post a minute from everyone. But if you took the time and effort to apply to the Ring of Fire, then disappear for months on end, I question why someone would sign up in the first place.

- Sometimes unexpected things happen in life, and you may find yourself away for an extended period of time. If this is the case, just send me a quick PM telling me (not in too much detail, I respect you privacy) that there's an emergency and you'll be away for (such and such a period of time). I will take it into account and offer leniency on inactivity.

- Also, when there is a lull in activity in the forum community (like there was last month) I will not expect activity from people, and the inactivity rules will be lifted. However, I will state very clearly when they come back into effect, so it's wise to check in regularly regardless.

- Lastly, when a member(s) become so inactive that they are removed from the guild, I will post in the guild and inform everyone. This is not to single out people, but rather to make things as transparent for everyone, so that someone doesn't look at the spreadsheet and wonder "Why am I not there anymore?"

With all this said, I am sorry to say that Master Calem, Juxtapoz, and Tuvixer have been removed from the Ring of Fire due to inactivity.

On a more light-hearted note, everything has been updated.
Congratulations SerenadingCelebi, you rank up to Litleo Rank!

Also, four new methods of obtains FP + PC have been added:

Complete a Spotlight Challenge in part:
2 FP + 2 Poké Coins

Complete a Spotlight Challenge in full:
5 FP + 4 Poké Coins

Suggest a viable Pokémon for the CCAT:
2 FP + 2 Poké Coins

Post a winning Battle Video using a CCAT team:
5 FP + 4 Poké Coins

Also also, two new Abilities have been added.
(From now on, whenever a new Ability is introduced, if you want it but your Ability Slots are full, you have one week to request a change, free of charge.)

Spotlight Superstar:
Receive double FP and Poké Coins through Spotlight Challenges.​

Team Player:
Receive double FP and Poké Coins through the CCAT (including Team of the Week).​

As always, any questions/comments/concerns, PM me.

PappaDragon20

Sneasel Master
lol i dont remember who i voted for :p
on my dads comp to see if it can play heros of the storm my cant play it very well.

lol i dont remember who i voted for :p
on my dads comp to see if it can play heros of the storm my cant play it very well.

You a MOBA guy? Used to play League of Legends a few years ago.

As soon as school starts I suddenly have no time for Pokemon, I really need better time management. I'll probably will still be able to pop in and make a post here and there though.

WhyBuffet

Pokémon Breeder
398.png

Staraptor @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Speed / 4 Sp Def
Jolly/Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Brave Bird
- Double Edge
- Close Combat​

This is a pretty standard Staraptor set, but I love Staraptor so much I couldn't resist posting it. Looking at our team, it seems to be going the direction of bulky offense, with a few setup sweepers. The fastest thing on the team right now is Serperior, who despite sitting at a pretty good Speed tier, is still outsped by some pretty prominent, non-priority threats (Mega Lopunny, Mega Manectric, Alakazam, and Starmie come to mind). Choice Scarf Staraptor can come in, outspeed, and OHKO all of these threats, as well as being a beast in its own right. Reckless Brave Bird hurts A LOT, and Flying is a useful offensive type. U-turn also provides a nice VoltTurn core with Rotom-W. True, this adds another Ice (particularly Ice Shard) weakness to the team, however this Ice weakness is covered by the other 3 members already, so it's not a huge issue. Staraptor also doesn't appreciate Stealth Rock, and the team doesn't have a reliable spinner/Defogger as of yet, but Staraptor is very much a revenge killing, do or die Pokémon anyway, so Stealth Rock doesn't hamper it as much as it would something like Talonflame, it merely shortens the time Staraptor gets to punch holes in teams.

One small note, if you're going to construct this Staraptor set for battles over PSS (where the levels are set to 50), be sure to move the 4 Sp Def into HP; this will give Staraptor an odd HP stat, allowing it to switch into Stealth Rock one more time if need be.

LynxForte

The Phoenix
036.png

Fairytale (Clefable) @Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Nature: Bold
EV's : 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SDef
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Cosmic Power​

I'm renominating Clefable. We need someone who is able to support members by fixing up status and damage mishaps. Also, fighting types may be a problem with our current team, especially with their wide array of types they can use. Pokemon such as M-Heracross might be able to take out vital members such as (in this case) Serp and Heat, while switching may be a problem with Scizor possibly not being able to handle a multi-hit + C-Combat and Washtom not being extremely capable of taking hits. What I'm saying is, we need a wall with the ability to take down a couple of our weaknesses. I did make one change and that was Cosmic Power, therefore making it more of a wall with self-healing capability. With enough prediction, Fairytale would be FAIRY CLEFABLE to not only support the team, but carry it's own weight.
Now for the CCAT, which I still have multiple choices to choose from. But here we go,
169.png

Nightwing (Crobat) @Black Sludge
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 248 HP / 28 Def / 212 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- U-turn / Cross Poison

Crobat is a good option to provide hazard removing capabilities, as well as having the speed to get things done.
First of all it can get rid of your hazard problems, and Roost off any damage taken to it. It also has the ability to damage your opponent even if they put up a Substitute thanks to its Infiltrator. Brave Bird for damage. Lastly U-turn if you are the type of person who likes attack and leave the field, or Cross Poison if you want an additional stab move. Its typing prevents you from worrying about being Poisoned, but it would hate to be paralyzed as that'll make it useless without its speed.

If chosen, I would suggest a Ground- or Fighting-type Teammate at the most to help cover Crobat either offensively or defensively as Steel & Rock-types, obviously Crobat cannot do much damage to with this moveset.

398.png

Staraptor @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Speed / 4 Sp Def
Jolly/Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Brave Bird
- Double Edge
- Close Combat​

This is a pretty standard Staraptor set, but I love Staraptor so much I couldn't resist posting it. Looking at our team, it seems to be going the direction of bulky offense, with a few setup sweepers. The fastest thing on the team right now is Serperior, who despite sitting at a pretty good Speed tier, is still outsped by some pretty prominent, non-priority threats (Mega Lopunny, Mega Manectric, Alakazam, and Starmie come to mind). Choice Scarf Staraptor can come in, outspeed, and OHKO all of these threats, as well as being a beast in its own right. Reckless Brave Bird hurts A LOT, and Flying is a useful offensive type. U-turn also provides a nice VoltTurn core with Rotom-W. True, this adds another Ice (particularly Ice Shard) weakness to the team, however this Ice weakness is covered by the other 3 members already, so it's not a huge issue. Staraptor also doesn't appreciate Stealth Rock, and the team doesn't have a reliable spinner/Defogger as of yet, but Staraptor is very much a revenge killing, do or die Pokémon anyway, so Stealth Rock doesn't hamper it as much as it would something like Talonflame, it merely shortens the time Staraptor gets to punch holes in teams.

One small note, if you're going to construct this Staraptor set for battles over PSS (where the levels are set to 50), be sure to move the 4 Sp Def into HP; this will give Staraptor an odd HP stat, allowing it to switch into Stealth Rock one more time if need be.

Here are the 3 options for this round. You have 24 hours to vote.

Any1 has a HA oddish? lmao

DJSummers

Ground-Type Champion
Voting Crobat, its most needed.

Staraptor would be a nice vote too, but just not right now.

Clefable, we are already passed needing anymore Special Mons, but it could have been considered.

HM02gon

Waiting...
I agree with DJ, that Crobat is a much-needed, especially to handle Fighting types, which it seems could counter the team fairly easily. It also balances out the physical and special sides of the team, and at the same time has passable enough bulk to take hits that Staraptor would likely not be able to wall, not that its a wall in itself. What this team really needs is a good Pokemon that resists rocks. I suggest a bulky fighting type, but we'll have to see.

Alatar VGC

House Greyjoy
Imma votin' for Crobat

We need some form of hazard control as a matter of priority.

As i've already stated, Serperior can't sweep if it takes rocks/spikes damage ontop of poison + LO recoil.

Yellow De Viridian Grove

Hm... Crobat or Staraptor. Staraptor means we really, REALLY need hazard removal as our last member, or switch Scizor to a defog set. While I don't mind changing Scizor, I think I'll go with Crobat and just make the last slot easier to suggest stuff. Hazard removal will be lovely for this team. SR is neutral to most of our pokemon and all of them are affected by Spikes, so Stall/Hazard stacking teams would hurt us pretty badly.

LynxForte

The Phoenix
new-3ds-pokemon-bundle.jpg

Why do they always release things I don't want to spend money on, but feel like I need in my life? They know me a little to well.

new-3ds-pokemon-bundle.jpg

Why do they always release things I don't want to spend money on, but feel like I need in my life? They know me a little to well.

fk em!! wheres the green 1? kmt
They don't want me to win.. they shld make ANOTHER ONE!!
lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.