• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ring of Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Br0k3n s0Ul

Br0k3n sOUl
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/smogon-usage-based-tier-update-may-2016.3571918/

If anyone is interested in the recent tier shifts. These are very interesting. The most notable changes are Ammongus and Quagsire rising to OU (thanks stall) and Sylveon and Conkeldurr dropping to UU.

Now this IS interesting. I've never seen either of these before, so how in the world did they jump that far? Zapdos with it's HA is understandable, but the others are just weird.

LynxForte

The Phoenix
It's because of stall. Quagsire with Unaware checks several pokemon, but the issue is Serperioir (which will probably roar on usage now). Amoongus with its typing and regenerator ability make it really good. It's really only rose in usage because of the Hoopa-U ban. Probably the sane reason why M-Alt dropped

DJSummers

Ground-Type Champion
It's because of stall. Quagsire with Unaware checks several pokemon, but the issue is Serperioir (which will probably roar on usage now). Amoongus with its typing and regenerator ability make it really good. It's really only rose in usage because of the Hoopa-U ban. Probably the sane reason why M-Alt dropped

No, not Amoonguss!! Now I must change around my RU Team.

One day, we will successfully ban EVERY POKEMON!!

LynxForte

The Phoenix
No, not Amoonguss!! Now I must change around my RU Team.

One day, we will successfully ban EVERY POKEMON!!

I don't think it will stay too long. People are really only using it as a reliable Spore(r?). It puts something to sleep and switches out. If it can take a boosted hit from something or if someone gets to greedy and doesn't know what it does, it can clear smog. People will figure it out and it will drop again or Smogon can do what they preach and try to balance out the meta, which would mean removing bans or certain mon

Mr.Y

O)_(O
Btw, even though Mega Altaria and mega Alakazam dropped to UU, their megastones are banned from the tier, so they are basicly BL.

WhyBuffet

Pokémon Breeder
So, we're scheduled to get a Pokémon Sun and Moon announcement today in about 3 hours from now... I'll be working in a kindergarten class while it's taking place, so I won't be able to watch it live... But this evening I will fill myself in on all the details! All 2 of the details, based on how much info we've been getting thus far.

Br0k3n s0Ul

Br0k3n sOUl
So, we're scheduled to get a Pokémon Sun and Moon announcement today in about 3 hours from now... I'll be working in a kindergarten class while it's taking place, so I won't be able to watch it live... But this evening I will fill myself in on all the details! All 2 of the details, based on how much info we've been getting thus far.

Who knows, all we may be getting is the region name and the starters. I mean, those are the first couple of things established right next to the legends. I really hope the Sun legend is better than the Moon one, since my little bro wants Moon and I don't want to have two copies of the same game.

yf0x32

Definitely going with Litten!! Fire Kitty starter! I would've preferred Fire Bear, but a proper Fire Tiger would be nice too!

MoonSong

Frosty the Ninetales
Considering Pyroar was such a disappointment it seems like they're trying to have a fire cat starter to make up for their previous fails. Litlio was a success as a cute mon with an endearing cry, but Pyroar was just a disappointment.

DJSummers

Ground-Type Champion
Grass/Flying seems great, better than being paired with Dark. Going to have a blast with Rowlet.
The only starter type that gets 2 types right away!

Last edited:

Br0k3n s0Ul

Br0k3n sOUl
Grass/Flying seems great, better than being paired with Dark. Going to have a blast with Rowlet.
The only starter type that gets 2 types right away!

Don't forget Bulbasaur.

Anyway, now we have three fire-type felines. Or at least, I'm assuming that the Sun legend's going to be fire.

DJSummers

Ground-Type Champion
Don't forget Bulbasaur.

Anyway, now we have three fire-type felines. Or at least, I'm assuming that the Sun legend's going to be fire.

I know, "Starter Type" meaning Grass!!
Fire & Water hasn't gotten a Dual-type Starter right away yet.

EurekaNach

LFO pilot
Im submitting the spotlight challenge

Pokemon Name: Jirachi
Challenge Rule: 1 - Perform 5 Hax-'ing' Moments.
2 - Defeat 2 Opposing Pokemon.
Tier Used: OU

Nature & Ability: Jolly , Serene Grace
Held Item: Choice Scarf
IVs: 31//31/31/31/31
EVs: 4 Def 252 Sp. Atk 252 Speed

Challenge Rules Completed: Both
Challenge Difficulty: Super easy, serene grace is op
Battle Video:http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-370597774

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
Well the new starters certainly look interesting! Can't say they're my favourites compared to previous generations, but all 3 are pretty cool and I can see myself using any one of them. For me it'll depend on their final evolution, but thus far I can see myself picking the Water type starter just to be special.

Got GCSE's starting Monday, don't expect me to be about much for the next 4-5 weeks :(

DJSummers

Ground-Type Champion
Im submitting the spotlight challenge

Pokemon Name: Jirachi
Challenge Rule: 1 - Perform 5 Hax-'ing' Moments.
2 - Defeat 2 Opposing Pokemon.
Tier Used: OU

Nature & Ability: Jolly , Serene Grace
Held Item: Choice Scarf
IVs: 31//31/31/31/31
EVs: 4 Def 252 Sp. Atk 252 Speed

Challenge Rules Completed: Both
Challenge Difficulty: Super easy, serene grace is op
Battle Video:http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-370597774

These battles will be hilarious. That poor Scizor & Mega Pidgeot. Although Machamp almost swept the team by himself.

Oh, okay. I kind of skimmed over the Type part.

Makes sense, you weren't the first to read that take out the "type" part. I mean I could never forget Bulbasaur was a dual-type Starter from beginning, it was my first ever choice!! That moment when you can't decide on what Starter-type to pick.

Well the new starters certainly look interesting! Can't say they're my favourites compared to previous generations, but all 3 are pretty cool and I can see myself using any one of them. For me it'll depend on their final evolution, but thus far I can see myself picking the Water type starter just to be special.

Got GCSE's starting Monday, don't expect me to be about much for the next 4-5 weeks :(

Yeah, they all are nice, I may have already chosen my Starter, but I'd still like to see how all the evolution turn out as well. Guess I'll see you next month!

Last edited:

DSGAMR

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/smogon-usage-based-tier-update-may-2016.3571918/

If anyone is interested in the recent tier shifts. These are very interesting. The most notable changes are Ammongus and Quagsire rising to OU (thanks stall) and Sylveon and Conkeldurr dropping to UU.

I was noticing a ton of Ammongus users higher in the tier recently. Never understood how it was RU (or whatever it was before). Thanks for the share, my team doesn't like Grass so maybe I should do a little playing around.

Status
Not open for further replies.