• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ring of Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhyBuffet

Pokémon Breeder
If it had a neutral ability it wouldn't be too bad, but defiant would be super strong on it. It would be cool if it got something like Tough Claws or Rock Head would be cool. It would be super strong, but at least there aren't too many Rock moves that make contact besides Suicide Head Smash lol. Rock Head would be really really good though. Gen 7 should give it Rock Head and Brave Bird :3

If Archeops got Brave Bird + Head Smash + Rock Head/Reckless, I'd use it on every team.

DJSummers

Ground-Type Champion
Spotlight Challenge Result Form
Pokemon Name: Aurorus
Challenge Rule: 1 - Utilize your chosen Ability. 2 - Defeat an opposing Pokemon, and keep alive during the battle.
Tier Used: Battle Spot Singles
Nature & Ability: Modest & Refrigerate
Held Item: Focus Sash
IVs: 5IV
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Moveset: Hyper Voice, Rock Polish, Earth Power, Freeze-Dry
Challenge Rules Completed: Both
Challenge Difficulty: Very entertaining.
Battle Video: UWFG-WWWW-WW4A-BF5X

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
Defeatist is the right ability, if your Archeops has Defiant its clearly hacked. LOL

Now I'm here wondering how good Archeops would be with Defiant as an ability.

My God I'm stupid. Haha, Defiant Archeops would be alright. I reckon it would rise up a tier or two into RU or UU, but then it faces competition from Aerodactyl. It would still be fun to use though. Rock Head would be great for it since it gets Head Smash, but Tough Claws and Sheer Force might be fun too.

DJSummers

Ground-Type Champion
Time to head back to LC! LITERALLY!!

spotlight%20challenge_zps4gkzb7xp.png

661.png

Challenge Pokemon: Fletchling
Challenge Rules:
1 - Use on a MonoGen Team.
2 - Battle in the LC Tier.
Reward: (This Week Only)
5 MP & 5 BP (Full Completion)
3 MP & 3 BP (Half Completion)​

MoonSong

Frosty the Ninetales
Since JA is getting SOO much attention, here's a little something. A backup plan is in place.

Username: MoonSong
Name of Shop Visited: DJSummer's One Stop Shop
Service Purchased: Breed a Pokemon for Your Team
Payment: 10 BP

Br0k3n s0Ul

Br0k3n sOUl
Pokemon Name: Fletchling
Challenge Rule: 1 - Use on a monogen team. 2 - Battle in the LC tier.
Tier Used: ORAS LC
Nature & Ability: Jolly and Gale Wings
Held Item: Sitrus Berry
IVs: 6IV
EVs: 116 Attack / 212 SpD / 180 Spe
Moveset: Acrobatics, Flame Charge, Toxic, Protect
Challenge Difficulty: The chanllenge itself was easy, but since I'm new to the LC tier, I lost pretty badly.
Battle Video: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/lc-389851918

Mr.Y

O)_(O
It'd be broken, plain and Simple.
Not really. It's weak to rocks so it can never come in for free into a defog like Bisharp does. It'd be way better than Defeatist though (which is a very stupid ability, specially when you look at it's stats and see that they aren't broken or anything).

Br0k3n s0Ul

Br0k3n sOUl
Not really. It's weak to rocks so it can never come in for free into a defog like Bisharp does. It'd be way better than Defeatist though (which is a very stupid ability, specially when you look at it's stats and see that they aren't broken or anything).

I think the only thing it could be used for is to disrupt a Ditto, but that's so rarely going to happen, that Defeatist might as well be Truant. At least Durant can make use of that. Maybe Entrainment could be used, but then again, it can't learn it. I guess that move or a decent HA could balance it out pretty well, if you look past the stats.

Yellow De Viridian Grove

Nature & Ability: Adamant and Gale Wings
Held Item: None
IVs: Perf
Moveset: Acrobatics/Roost/U-Turn/Swords Dance
Challenge Difficulty: lol
Battle Video: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/lc-390502149

WhyBuffet

Pokémon Breeder
Held Item: None
IVs: Perf
Moveset: Acrobatics/Roost/U-Turn/Swords Dance
Challenge Difficulty: lol
Battle Video: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/lc-390502149

I refuse to accept this submission.
EDIT: Just kidding, points updated.

Last edited:

Mr.Y

O)_(O
I think the only thing it could be used for is to disrupt a Ditto, but that's so rarely going to happen, that Defeatist might as well be Truant. At least Durant can make use of that. Maybe Entrainment could be used, but then again, it can't learn it. I guess that move or a decent HA could balance it out pretty well, if you look past the stats.
Ditto can still revenge kill it though. Or any other 'mon with some speed investment. Its ability only harms it.

Ascended Dialga

DJSummers

Ground-Type Champion
Tier Used: LC
Held Item: Berry Juice
IVs: 6IV
EVs: 196 Atk / 100 Def / 212 SDef
Moveset: Acrobatics, Tailwind, Swords Dance, Return
Challenge Difficulty: I should've made this Challenge all about Amaura, she totally dominates, reason why I love using Aururos when I can.
Battle Video: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/lc-391281410

WeskerIsGod

I will shield you!
I'm still here. Can't seem to get back into Pokémon at the moment, with all these other games that are being released, and potentially having to beat the games before them. Also started to stream a few of them for some friends.

DJSummers

Ground-Type Champion

464.png

Challenge Pokemon: Rhyperior
Challenge Rules:
1 - Land a supereffective kill.
2 - Keep alive during the battle.

Anyways, I will be giving an update soon, either in a new post, or this one, explaining how I'm going to be updating the Spotlight Challenges, in hope of getting others to participate.

If you happen to prefer it that way, over this way, let me know and I'll change it next week to the new way, and I'll find a way to implement the past Challenges into the same format.

LynxForte

The Phoenix

464.png

Challenge Pokemon: Rhyperior
Challenge Rules:
1 - Land a supereffective kill.
2 - Keep alive during the battle.

Anyways, I will be giving an update soon, either in a new post, or this one, explaining how I'm going to be updating the Spotlight Challenges, in hope of getting others to participate.

If you happen to prefer it that way, over this way, let me know and I'll change it next week to the new way, and I'll find a way to implement the past Challenges into the same format.

Give me more freedom to do battle the way I want. This Rhyperior challenge is a good one because I have options. The Fletchling one was restricting because I HAD to battle in LC and all the pokemon on the team had to be from gen 6. It was too restricting. The Gengar challenge made me use the D Bond set and it's not a set I use because it doesn't fit my playstyle. I'm all for trying different things, but if I am forced to play in a way that doesn't fit me, then I'm not going to do it.

And there is my rant for the day lol

DJSummers

Ground-Type Champion
Give me more freedom to do battle the way I want. This Rhyperior challenge is a good one because I have options. The Fletchling one was restricting because I HAD to battle in LC and all the pokemon on the team had to be from gen 6. It was too restricting. The Gengar challenge made me use the D Bond set and it's not a set I use because it doesn't fit my playstyle. I'm all for trying different things, but if I am forced to play in a way that doesn't fit me, then I'm not going to do it.

And there is my rant for the day lol

But Lynx, it would be good for your Youtube Channel to partake in some of these Challenges, and the reason I am changing it, it because of how I automatically have you do certain things.

Announcements_zpsxx7f46ub.png

Anyways, now to the announcement. The Spotlight Challenge update that I was thinking of changing to isn't too far off from what it is now.
1. Initially the plan is too, choose a Pokemon like I already do now. (Ex: Fletchling's Challenge last week).

2. Now for step two, being that instead of making 2 Challenge Rules, I may post a Tier, Battle Style, or Theme for you to construct a team around. (Ex: Like Fletchling's Challenge when you had to battle in LC as well as the Theme being MonoGen), and usually when I choose a LC Pokemon, I just don't expect you to go and use it in OU, but most times I may only choose one of the above, and not two.

3. All Challenges will require;
- Follow the Spotlight Battle Format Chosen!
- The Spotlight Pokemon to be used during the battle for a total of 3 turns (meaning 3 moves used total).
- Spotlight Pokemon kept alive during the battle.

4. Lastly for how you'll earn the points, which will be determined based on how you complete the Challenge;
- 2MP/2BP for just using the Spotlight Pokemon in Battle.
- 4MP/4BP for Completing the Challenge in half. (Meaning: You didn't follow or complete one of the requirements in full.)
- 5MP/5BP for Completing the Challenge in Full!

This means you'll gain some points for just using that Pokemon in Battle whether you want to follow the required challenge rules or not.

Point Earning aren't confirmed yet, they may change to fit the new format, or they may stay the way I just posted them.

Let me know, if you would like it this way, and/or if there is anything else I should add, or attempt to remove.

Last edited:

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
Just posting to confirm I'm still alive and all, as you do. Been fairly busy today so didn't play many games, and the hour or two I did have free I spent testing out some changes to a game I'm playing. Would like to get into OU again and build some teams for that, as my foray into the NU tier has shown that not many battle there. OU is always busy, means I can potentially join the war team/compete in tournaments and generally be the casual noob I am. So yeah. Not sure what I'll build around (that age old question) but I'm thinking of looking less into sweepers and more into fun stuff to blow **** up.

Status
Not open for further replies.