• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ring of Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
New Pokemon look pretty cool, particularly Vikavolt, Cutiefly and Tapu-koko. As someone who always seems to have an Electric type on their team this announcement was pretty good (3 Electric types!), and has given me much to think about team-wise. Obviously no guarantees on what I'll use (especially if things like Cutiefuly, Tapu-koko, Drampa, Bruxish and Togedemaru evolve) but much to consider.

Shade2000

Shade in Shades
Some of the new pokemon look pretty cool, my fav is probably Togedemaru, even through the name is a bit of a mouthful it makes sense since it's a round ball.

Also, Uniqlo are hosting a T-Shirt design competition with the theme of Nintendo and the prize is £7,000 / $10,000 and a signed NX from Shigeru Miyamoto, maybe some of you guys want to check it out of something??
https://www.uniqlo.com/utgp/2017/uk/

(thats the UK link since i'm in the UK but i think you can change the country along the bottom)

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
My favourite has to be Vikavolt, that thing looks menacing and tough. It's meant to be quite fast (like most Electric types) and I reckon it'll hit decently hard. Regardless, it's got a great design. I don't like Drampa much, it looks creepy and odd. Maybe it'll evolve, but I get Druddigon vibes from it. Cutiefly is awesome, and Bruxish I could get behind. Togedemaru is alright I suppose.

Oh and Shade, based off of your user title I assume you were a Remain supporter of the EU Referendum? Don't particularly want to bring politics into this, but I'm curious.

LynxForte

The Phoenix
For those who have ever seen the show Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, Bruxish looks like Dutchess (one of those google things again). I hope it evolves because I feel its going to be another Feebas situation.

Mr.Y

O)_(O
For those who have ever seen the show Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, Bruxish looks like Dutchess (one of those google things again). I hope it evolves because I feel its going to be another Feebas situation.

That thing is already running for ugliest pokémon of the generation, Feebas has nightmares about the idea of being that ugly.

Shade2000

Shade in Shades
I don't like Bruxish at all, it's very ugly... and also Drampa is not to appealing either, although I saw it getting a lot of love over instagram...
Not too sure about Tapu-koko, but i'm not disgusted by it as I am Bruxish, but it could be better.

All the electric types are p cool, I agree with Snivy, Vikavolt looks awesome.
Also @Snivy yes I am, and so is everyone i've talked to about it (minus 4 people), and thats a lot of people. If you want to discuss further theres always VM

WhyBuffet

Pokémon Breeder
I don't like Bruxish at all, it's very ugly... and also Drampa is not to appealing either, although I saw it getting a lot of love over instagram...
Not too sure about Tapu-koko, but i'm not disgusted by it as I am Bruxish, but it could be better.

Also @Snivy yes I am, and so is everyone i've talked to about it (minus 4 people), and thats a lot of people. If you want to discuss further theres always VM

I'm glad to see that Electric-types are getting some love.
I'd be quite curious about those particular VMs, as this whole Brexit thing fascinates me.

yf0x32

We need more fire typestypes! :V
I am disappoint that no new fire types have been announced.

But I like drampa.

Also. Bruxish's ability is dazzling!
My poor Galewings talonflame. T.T

Shade2000

Shade in Shades
I'd be quite curious about those particular VMs, as this whole Brexit thing fascinates me.

Yeah, there haven't been many good electric types lately that I remember. Although, there seem to be quite a lot being announced :0
You could hop into the conversation if you wanted, or we can just talk about it. Snivy hasn't replied yet so

We need more fire typestypes! :V
I am disappoint that no new fire types have been announced.

But I like drampa.

Also. Bruxish's ability is dazzling!
My poor Galewings talonflame. T.T

If I remember rightly, there is an island with a volcano on, so hopefully there will be loads of cool fire types there!

Idk about drampa, It has a really strange design. I think as the regions go on, game freak starts to run out of ideas so the designs get rlly strange, obviously there are some good ones but some are just so strange.

Dazzling stops priority moves right? That sounds really useful, I hope a nicer pokemon than Bruxish gets it lol.

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty

Yeah me too, Electric is probably one of my favourite types to use and it's great that they're getting a bit of love this gen (after Heliolisk and Dedenne last gen... thank god). I'm hoping some of them evolve as evolution is fun, but considering Tapu-koko is some form of island guardian and Togedemaru looks like a Dedenne/Pachirisu/Minun&Plusle remake I highly doubt it. I was counting on an Electric type being revealed though; the last two generations revealed one of the electric types available in-game (Blitzle in BW and Helioptile in XY).

To VM chat!

MoonSong

Frosty the Ninetales
If anyone cares, this week's Smogon giveaway is a Defog Latios with HP Fire IVs.

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
A lot of good things came out of that last trailer. I'm getting really hyped for it, especially for the island guardians, since Tapu-Koko is obviously not the only one.

Yeah, I reckon there'll be 2-3 more (depending on number of islands). What types do you think they'll be? We have an Electric/Fairy type, so I assume they'd balance out. I'd have thought they'd have done it element-wise (so Fire, Ground, Flying and Water) assuming there's 4, or something. I don't know. Speculate!

I have finally found a website that allows me to stream every episode of Game of Thrones for free! My weekend will no doubt be spent binge-watching them and avoiding feeling miserable after my prom on Thursday. Whilst trying to build an OU team, play through one of my games (any suggestions?) and doing other gaming stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.