• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ring of Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Br0k3n s0Ul

Br0k3n sOUl
Yeah, most places you should be able to ask for 2 for your copies of XY and ORAS. Now, if you go to other Gamestops for more, that's something totally different.

You can, however, go multiple times if it's convenient to do so. I did it for the Darkrai event and it worked perfectly. I might do it for Arceus and I might do it for Volcanion.

ElxlceL

Xwisher Sweet
Username: ElxlCeL
3DS Friend Code:
PS Name: MakeAmericaGreatAgain
Desired Division: Bright Flames
Favorite In-Game Activity: I like Running around hatching eggs without a pokemon that has flamebody so that it takes me longer to hatch eggs
Favorite Battle Tier: VGC
Referrer (if any): n/a
About You: I like RNGing custom and rare pokemon
Why do you Want to Join a Guild?: to learn how to become a better battler

Do you know the secret code? Blue Flare

AB2

cake cake cake cake
Username: AB2
3DS Friend Code: 9234-8023-2815
PS Name: Jello
Desired Division: bright flames
Favorite In-Game Activity: Pummeling the e4 lolz
Favorite Battle Tier: ou
About You: I love pokemon
Why do you Want to Join a Guild?: I love pokemon

Do you know the secret code? "Blue Flare"

WhyBuffet

Pokémon Breeder
Username: AB2
3DS Friend Code: 9234-8023-2815
PS Name: Jello
Desired Division: bright flames
Favorite In-Game Activity: Pummeling the e4 lolz
Favorite Battle Tier: ou
About You: I love pokemon
Why do you Want to Join a Guild?: I love pokemon

Do you know the secret code? "Blue Flare"

Username: ElxlCeL
3DS Friend Code:
PS Name: MakeAmericaGreatAgain
Desired Division: Bright Flames
Favorite In-Game Activity: I like Running around hatching eggs without a pokemon that has flamebody so that it takes me longer to hatch eggs
Favorite Battle Tier: VGC
About You: I like RNGing custom and rare pokemon
Why do you Want to Join a Guild?: to learn how to become a better battler

Do you know the secret code? Blue Flare

Accepted. Welcome to the guild.
I won't update any spreadsheets or anything until some points are earned (mainly because I'm lazy lol)

AB2

cake cake cake cake
So now that I'm a member of the serebii guild ring again, I do have a couple of important questions regarding the goals and aims of this guild:

1. Is it the Ring of Fire's goal to quell the abilities of their members?

2. What kinds of currency are used to exchange for the myriad of services involved and offered by the clan's bustling economy?

3. Is there any ability / opportunity for currency speculation?

Last edited:
So now that I'm a member of the serebii guild ring again, I do have a couple of important questions regarding the goals and aims of this guild:

2. What kinds of currency are used to exchange for the myriad of services involved and offered by the clan's bustling economy?

I'm not active enough to know about currency, but Guilds often do help Pokemon players improve! Just ask around for battles and I'm sure you'll find someone.

MoonSong

Frosty the Ninetales

There are 4 types of currency, or points here in RoF:

MP: Magma Storm Points. These determine your rank in the guild.
BP: Blue Flare Points. The currency of the guild. You can spend them on items in the Join Avenue or exchange them for MP.
VP: V-Create Points. These determine your rank in the war team.
SP: Sacred Fire Points. These have no use other than exchanging them for any other point type in the guild for triple the amount. Ex: You trade in 30 SP for MP. Because 1 SP = 3 MP, you would get 90 MP.

Here's the exchange rates:
2 BP=1 MP
1 SP=3 MP
1 SP=3 BP

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty

BP: Blue Flare Points. The currency of the guild. You can spend them on items in the Join Avenue or exchange them for MP.
SP: Sacred Fire Points. These have no use other than exchanging them for any other point type in the guild for triple the amount. Ex: You trade in 30 SP for MP. Because 1 SP = 3 MP, you would get 90 MP.

2 BP=1 MP
1 SP=3 MP
1 SP=3 BP

We have 4 types of currency in this guild? I did not know that. Huh.

Well I've got no news, no exciting thoughts or ideas on anything in particular right now. Keeping up to date with all the Sun & Moon news (12th is going to be a good day, shame I'm out for most of it), want to see if the rumours about the starters is true. No guarantees it'll be revealed then, but you never know. This is mainly an activity post, so nobody shoots me for never being around in the guild. Demon Hunters are being released to play in WoW on the 10th, so I won't be around then either :)

WhyBuffet

Pokémon Breeder
MoonSong is correct, there are 4 different types of currency in the guild.
To get the full scoop on everything, be sure to read every post in the OP.

DJSummers

Ground-Type Champion
Was gone for the weekend and seemed to have missed my 2 new members. Welcome to Bright Flames!!
Hope you enjoy your stay here and have fun conversations. If you need any help, just VM/PM me the question.

Also, couldn't put up the Spotlight Challenge today, I'll make sure to put it up tomorrow, and if anyone has any ideas on what they would like to do here, please do suggest.

Lastly there are tournaments being run in the tour section that you can participate in, they're all fun and has a gimmick to it for team building, as well as checking out the Leagues Section for testing out wifi teams, just make sure you read the rules of course to not run into problems.

EDIT:
Sorry for the delay!

spotlight%20challenge_zps4gkzb7xp.png

460.png

Challenge Pokemon: Abomasnow
Challenge Rules:
1 - Keep the Spotlight Pokemon alive during the battle.
2 - Must use the Spotlight Pokemon for 3 turns total during the battle.
3 - Have the Spotlight Pokemon get at least 1 Kill.​

Last edited:

Shade2000

Shade in Shades

2 BP=1 MP
1 SP=3 MP
1 SP=3 BP

I honestly didn't know we had four currencies either... After that I had to go and have a look at the OPs and boy this guild is complex.
Sorry to be bothersome, but do we really need four currencies? I personally think it's a bit confusing and pointless. sorry for the pun

Also after looking at the OP, i think i might want to use some of those shops, since i'm too lazy to do this stuff by myself.

Also, i've been dying to post about this for a while, but i never really go round to doing it

The starter evolutions that have been leaked are honestly disappointing. I've been generally happy with everything that's come out so far (except tapu-koko) but these are honestly awful.
Litten stands up and becomes a circus freak
Poppilo becomes so weird seal mermaid
Rowlet actually has a cool evolution, but I wasn't going to choose it.

I also briefly saw a water arcane, which i though was quite cool, and also a sandcastle pokemon which idk how to feel about. It looks cool, but why base pokemon off inanimate objects, when there are still so many animals out there to use.

But ghost marowak has me sold.

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
The starter evolutions that have been leaked are honestly disappointing. I've been generally happy with everything that's come out so far (except tapu-koko) but these are honestly awful.
Litten stands up and becomes a circus freak
Poppilo becomes so weird seal mermaid
Rowlet actually has a cool evolution, but I wasn't going to choose it.

I also briefly saw a water arcane, which i though was quite cool, and also a sandcastle pokemon which idk how to feel about. It looks cool, but why base pokemon off inanimate objects, when there are still so many animals out there to use.

But ghost marowak has me sold.

I love the sandcastle Pokemon. Only the Golett line has Ghost/Ground typing and I think it'd be fun to use on a team. Wishiwashi is also quite cool design-wise, but I have a feeling it's the new Lumineon (and my god I hated Lumineon). Pyukumuku is interesting, not sure how it's ability will work but it's solid. Hoping it evolves but that's unlikely. Morelull is weird, it's a Grass/Fairy mushroom Pokemon. Doesn't seem particularly inspiring to me.

Alolan forms are decent - Meowth design-wise looks fairly bland, but the new Dark typing could be interesting. Marowak meanwhile has a great design and gives us the new Chandelure typing of Fire/Ghost, curious to see what moves it'll learn to use those types. Cursed Body and Lightningrod are interesting abilities for it. Alolan Raichu is... alright. Unless you're using Electric Terrain a lot it's ability is shite, but Electric/Fairy + a decent design...

The starters that have probably been confirmed by the reveal of Mallow are also a bit... bleh. I like Rowlet's and Popplio's, but I don't like Litten's at all. As the starter I liked the least anyway, I suppose that means I'll not be using it as my starter.

Just my thoughts.

DJSummers

Ground-Type Champion
Wow, I for one love the Sand Castle, therefore, I'm planning on adding it to my Team. Looking forward to more Ground-types, especially to counter many of these Electric-types.
As for the Starter's Evo's, I'm not caring what they turn out to be as I'll pick the Grass one regardless.
I just hope we get a Ground-type Alolan Form Pokemon.

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
Anyone interested in a potential war with Legends Untold?

I'd have to sign up for the war team and, you know, build a couple of viable teams, but sure. Seems like a lot of fun.

Guess that means I'm building some OU teams then. Cool. Good thing I have an idea for one (or at least a starting point) so we'll see how it goes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.