• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ring of Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Br0k3n s0Ul

Br0k3n sOUl
Challenge Pokemon: Roserade
Nature & Ability: Timid and Natural Cure
Held Item: Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Moveset: Sludge Bomb, Giga Drain, Toxic Spikes, HP Ice
Team Theme (Optional): Champion Cynthia (I did use Gastrodon and Togekiss at the same time, I know, but I think it still counts), Monogen
Challenges Completed: All three
Battle Video: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-432152760

DJSummers

Ground-Type Champion
Anyone see the newest trailer for Sun/Moon? The new stuff in these games, man...

Yep, Type: Null was clearly the best reveal of the bunch! Odd name, cool design. Jangmo-o has great abilities, Soundproof can help if block Pixilate and Refrigerate Hyper Voice, but Bulletproof blocks all those ball, and bomb moves which is like even better. The Alolan Raticate I seen coming since it was posted in Rattata's description of him having an Alolan Evolution.

Darn Ultra Beasts wanting to destroy things, its just what we needed, more evil things to go and stop. The Aether Organization seems like a cool group of people, before its then revealed that they're the true evil masterminds taking over Alola creating and using the Ultra Beasts!

Saw it. And man. That time difference is a cool concept. Also Pokémon snap.

Yeah, I like that time difference between the games, makes the titles seem more fun, especially for those who like to play during the night, plus now I'll be able to trade my nighttime evolution's to others to so they can evolve them for me, when its daytime, and don't have to go an bother the 3DS's time settings.

As for taking pictures, I assume that's great, now I can become "Master Photographer", and we can use that for the Guild, taking pictures of Pokemon and posting them online, see what others find and able to snap a photo of.

ElxlceL

Xwisher Sweet
Yep, Type: Null was clearly the best reveal of the bunch! Odd name, cool design. Jangmo-o has great abilities, Soundproof can help if block Pixilate and Refrigerate Hyper Voice, but Bulletproof blocks all those ball, and bomb moves which is like even better. The Alolan Raticate I seen coming since it was posted in Rattata's description of him having an Alolan Evolution.

Darn Ultra Beasts wanting to destroy things, its just what we needed, more evil things to go and stop. The Aether Organization seems like a cool group of people, before its then revealed that they're the true evil masterminds taking over Alola creating and using the Ultra Beasts!

Yeah, I like that time difference between the games, makes the titles seem more fun, especially for those who like to play during the night, plus now I'll be able to trade my nighttime evolution's to others to so they can evolve them for me, when its daytime, and don't have to go an bother the 3DS's time settings.

As for taking pictures, I assume that's great, now I can become "Master Photographer", and we can use that for the Guild, taking pictures of Pokemon and posting them online, see what others find and able to snap a photo of.

I didn't quite catch this ultra beast concept. What they about?

DJSummers

Ground-Type Champion
I didn't quite catch this ultra beast concept. What they about?

Not really sure of that myself, they're supposedly creatures the people and Pokemon are afraid of. They didn't really want to explain the new Ultra Beasts yet, probably going to save it for a later date, or for us to determine for ourselves.

AB2

cake cake cake cake
It sounds really scary lol 0.0 I can't wait to see what they have in store

MoonSong

Frosty the Ninetales
And this week's Smogon giveaway is a Shiny HP Ice Manectric in a Luxury Ball!

Ninja Eevee

Haunters Gonna Haunt
Sorry for my absence. I was busy with school/work, etc. In the meantime ive started mystery dungeon sky. Ive only just got to drowzee but im a riolu and my partner is a torchic. 2 pokemon ive never used before in mystery dungeon. Im pretty hyped

I know this is kind of out of the blue, but I'm preparing for a school tournament on November 17th (which plays flat rules + the addition of one Mythical Pokemon), and I was wondering if any of you guys had a Speed Boost Torchic that you guys could trade to me?

Ascended Dialga

Here I am posting again after a long time of inactivity. I've gone back to college and I'm currently living on campus. While here, I decided to take up another breeding project for the first in several months: Sneasel. I've been wanting to try out Weavile competitively for a while now because it seems like a fun (and quite threatening) little Pokémon to use. Plus, I like its design; it's both cool and cute. I'm breeding four egg moves onto it: Feint, Fake Out, Icicle Crash, and Counter.

DJSummers

Ground-Type Champion
spotlight%20challenge_zps4gkzb7xp.png

128.png

Challenge Pokemon: Tauros
Challenge Rules:
1 - Keep the Spotlight Pokemon alive during the battle.
2 - Must use the Spotlight Pokemon for 3 turns total during the battle.
3 - Have the Spotlight Pokemon get at least 1 Kill.​

False alarm, I had a Speed Boost Torchic.

What do you guys think are the most competitively-viable-looking Alolan Pokemon? I feel like Mudsdale could be really good if its stats are decent, since Stamina is one heck of an Ability.

WhyBuffet

Pokémon Breeder
What do you guys think are the most competitively-viable-looking Alolan Pokemon? I feel like Mudsdale could be really good if its stats are decent, since Stamina is one heck of an Ability.

Honestly, a lot of Alola Pokémon look competitively viable on the surface, but it really comes down to their stats. For instance, Mimikyu's Ability and typing coul come in really handy, but somehow I see that thing getting Sableye/Spiritomb-like stats. Same for Bruxish; Ability is awesome, but if it doesn't have the stats to back it up, it will be less useful. Personally I really hope that Wishiwashi's School Form is broken, because I'm quite fond of the little guy.

In guild news, SerenadingCelebi has traded in some SP for MP, and has ranked up to Litleo Rank! You now have access to the currently decrepit Join Avenue!

Br0k3n s0Ul

Br0k3n sOUl
Honestly, a lot of Alola Pokémon look competitively viable on the surface, but it really comes down to their stats. For instance, Mimikyu's Ability and typing coul come in really handy, but somehow I see that thing getting Sableye/Spiritomb-like stats. Same for Bruxish; Ability is awesome, but if it doesn't have the stats to back it up, it will be less useful. Personally I really hope that Wishiwashi's School Form is broken, because I'm quite fond of the little guy.

In guild news, SerenadingCelebi has traded in some SP for MP, and has ranked up to Litleo Rank! You now have access to the currently decrepit Join Avenue!

Victory toot-toot!

tumblr_o512owFKMA1vo4xj4o1_500.gif

Shade2000

Shade in Shades
I know this is kind of out of the blue, but I'm preparing for a school tournament on November 17th (which plays flat rules + the addition of one Mythical Pokemon), and I was wondering if any of you guys had a Speed Boost Torchic that you guys could trade to me?

I know you already sorted your problem, but IF ANYONE EVER WANTS A TORCHIC SPEED BOOST OR NOT PLS ASK ME I HAVE LIKE OVER 100 they all have 5ivs (i have some 6iv ones too)

Also i was hoping someone here could help me. This has happened a few times and i can't figure out why.
I have Quick Claw on my steelix, and in battles over wi-fi, it activates and says that Steelix will move first because of it's quick claw, but then the other pokemon moves first anyway (even with a non-priority move). This is really annoying, does anyone have an explanation as to why this would happen?

Last edited:

DJSummers

Ground-Type Champion
I know you already sorted your problem, but IF ANYONE EVER WANTS A TORCHIC SPEED BOOST OR NOT PLS ASK ME I HAVE LIKE OVER 100 they all have 5ivs (i have some 6iv ones too)

Also i was hoping someone here could help me. This has happened a few times and i can't figure out why.
I have Quick Claw on my steelix, and in battles over wi-fi, it activates and says that Steelix will move first because of it's quick claw, but then the other pokemon moves first anyway (even with a non-priority move). This is really annoying, does anyone have an explanation as to why this would happen?

That is strange, what move are you using when Quick Claw activates. I can see if the opponent was using a Priority move and they move first, unless Steelix is just too slow for even Quick Claw.

Spotlight Challenge Results
Challenge Pokemon: Tauros
Nature & Ability: Jolly and Sheer Force
Held Item: Life Orb
EVs: 252 Att / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Moveset: Rock Climb, Earthquake, Rock Slide, Zen Headbutt
Team Theme (Optional): Monotype
Challenges Completed: All
Battle Video: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-437008814

LynxForte

The Phoenix

Quick Claw ignores speed, but not priority. The only reason it wouldn't work is if your opponent is using a priority move (which you said they're not) or if you're using a negative priority move such as Dragon Tail or Roar.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.